Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Choose your level of stupid (Read 39 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran Victoria in October. It's a nice race, I recommend it, and oh by the way I BQ'd.  And what a cool city. Issue is if you are there  on vacation, you will want to do a ton of walking around, so not necessarily conducive to squeezing in a marathon.

Awesome. If we go we will try to get the race in first. Sight seeing second.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hardy, har-har. Actually, the question pertained to my should I run indoor or outdoor dilemma. Keep up woman! 

If it's windy, FTS, inside. Happy now?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You all would laugh at the person I just saw running outside.  It's 78F right now and the person is wearing a BLACK long sleeve and capris.  FTS.

Damaris

LRB

If it's windy, FTS, inside. Happy now?

Well, I sorta, kinda needed that info before my run. But thanks.

onemile

I know! My big ass land yatchs are $160, which is part of the reason, or actually all of the reason I usually wear the previous year's model, it's ridiculous! Ironically, I do have the current model because the 22s sucked baloney soup, hmph.

Yeah after buying the new version of the Ghost at the LRS (with a gift cert), I have been wearing the old model (even though I liked the new one better)

From the Internet.

I ran in the Tempo 6 (pre-Boost) and didn't have any problems with it really. It just felt odd and had some weird colors. I've been meaning to try the Boost version but completely forgot, I think it's the 8. I tried a full Boost neutral and that didn't last but like 20 miles, and shouldn'tve gone that far!

The 7 w/ Boost was my marathon shoe and I like it much better than the 6. Whatever felt weird to me about the 6 is totally gone in the 7. I can also run in plenty of more sturdy neutral shoes without issue, so take that for what it's worth!

LRB

You all would laugh at the person I just saw running outside.  It's 78F right now and the person is wearing a BLACK long sleeve and capris.  FTS.

Must be a n00b. I wore black every chance I could that first year. lol

LRB

So I spoke with the receptionist at the yoga center last night regarding this stupid heel fat foot pad thingamagig I've got going (my massage therapist works there), and she just called and said that after speaking with some colleagues, they recommend a 50 minute stretching session focusing on the hips, hamstrings and calves, immediately followed by a 30 minute reflexology session (which is basically a foot massage). This makes total sense as my hamstrings were tight that morning, and I felt a pop in my calf before my heel and arch started hurting.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Must be a n00b. I wore black every chance I could that first year. lol

Miamians don't wear black. It tends to ignite in the sun.  So, he is either a tourist or an idiot.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally took my lunch time and ended up running 6 on the TM.  Had to taped the knee since I twisted the knee last night and it was wonky.  It worked.

And that's how you do it, LRB.  Take charge of the injury!  Enjoy the massage thingy magigit.

Damaris

onemile

So I spoke with the receptionist at the yoga center last night regarding this stupid heel fat foot pad thingamagig I've got going 

It looks like Damaris has won

Cyberic

I ran in the Tempo 6 (pre-Boost) and didn't have any problems with it really. It just felt odd and had some weird colors. I've been meaning to try the Boost version but completely forgot, I think it's the 8. I tried a full Boost neutral and that didn't last but like 20 miles, and shouldn'tve gone that far!

Boost material retains its characteristics for longer than normal EVA foam from my observations. The shoes that lasted me longest before were a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders 16s and a pair of Asics Cumulus (13s I think) with about 600 miles each.

I currently have logged 779 miles on a pair of Supernova Glide 7s, and they're still my favorite pair of trainers in my rotation. I also have a pair of Boston Boost 5s with 536 miles and counting in my rotation, and they are currently my go to pair for intervals.

There's also the Continental rubber of the outsole that is tough.

The shoes are heavier than their Saucony or New Balance couterparts, but last at least twice as long from my personal experience. I think the Supernova Glides might make it to 3 times as much as I've ever got out of a pair of NBs.

Adidas shoes are more expensive, but cost me less per mile than other shoes.

I hate the tongue on their faster shoes though (Adios, Bostons, etc.) It's too thin. I have high feet and have to be very careful when I lace my Adidas shoes because the tongue offers no protection to my upper feet.

on my way to badass

So I went to the Y for the first time today as a member.  I tried out a spin bike.  It was pretty easy to figure out.  The handy dandy computer attached to it gave me a workout to do.  So I did that for 30 minutes and then jumped on a treadmill for 15 to see how my legs felt.  They were ok.  I might try a spin class if I can work it into my schedule.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Finally took my lunch time and ended up running 6 on the TM.  Had to taped the knee since I twisted the knee last night and it was wonky.  It worked.

And that's how you do it, LRB.  Take charge of the injury!  Enjoy the massage thingy magigit.

Haven't I been?

LRB

It looks like Damaris has won

I have no problem being the loser since it's something I excel at in everyday life, but let's not plan any parades until I'm heeled. (see what I did there )