Beginners and Beyond

WhySoEarly Saterdailies (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

That's quite an accomplishment.

Indeed. I have a streak going since 2014, heh. And LRB was there to witness that first one.

Good luck with your stuff, D.

I am questioning my choice of short sleeves today. It's 39, which is not bad, but it just feels cold. I guess HMP will warm up.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's tank weather, Dave!

Damaris

LRB

I am questioning my choice of short sleeves today. It's 39, which is not bad, but it just feels cold. I guess HMP will warm up.

I went with short sleeves in the same weather. It definitely would have been a singlet in a race of any distance.

LRB

From the nobody gives a crap department:

Over the years I've received all kinds of junk stuff in my race packets and at the finish line. Most of it ends up in the trash but every now and then I get something good. Such was the case at CIM when someone handed me a Vega Bar in the chute. That thing was so flippin' yummy that I actually ordered two boxes when I got home (there are four per box), and have since ordered three more. Cool

YMMV

Cyberic

Good luck to the racers.

That's cool PR

Ran 9.6 or something like that. Made a little detour to include a hill, that I ran up and down twice before I went back to "normal" running. Hills are definitely not my strength.

LRB

From the nobody gives a crap department:

Part ll:

I threw out three pairs of running shoes and donated another pair. I also got rid of a crap ton of shoe boxes and took a quick inventory. Aside from the five pairs of barely worn shoes that I do not wear for various reasons, I have three pairs of brand new shoes of models I may or may not wear again.  I guess it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. lol

Anyway, my new rotation is almost set (I just need one more pair of daily trainers), which will give me 7 pairs of active shoes for everything from jogging to racing any distance. Smile

DavePNW

1:39ish. I suck. That is all.

Dave

onemile

Huh, what happened?

LRB

Damn.

It's not like you blew up or anything, it looks like it was just a bad day to race. I've had those....several actually.

No more marathons

Overall - race was good.

Little disappointed that I couldn't hold pace in mile 5 - but pleased with effort.

Finished 1st in age group - and would have finished first in one age group back too.

Award was a nice coffee mug  - my third from this event (2nd AG in 2013, 1st in AG 2015).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Overall - race was good.

Little disappointed that I couldn't hold pace in mile 5 - but pleased with effort.

Finished 1st in age group - and would have finished first in one age group back too.

Award was a nice coffee mug  - my third from this event (2nd AG in 2013, 1st in AG 2015).

Nice job and blazing first mile. Cool

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Overall - race was good.

Your running is  living proof that getting older doesn't have to be shitty.  Thank you.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

Damn.

It's not like you blew up or anything, it looks like it was just a bad day to race. I've had those....several actually.

Not so much a blowup, as just never having it. I can't really explain it. I have not been following a specific training plan, but I've had pretty solid mileage & speedwork. Course was flat and weather were fine. First couple miles went OK, but I started to feel like I was tiring by around mile 4. WTF. So I knew early on it was going to be a long day. And it was. I haven't even gone in to edit my run, because I really don't want to look at my splits.

They had a pretty good food spread anyway, including cupcakes. And all finishers got a fleece blanket.

I have another HM on the calendar early March. So I better get my shit together by then.

Dave

No more marathons

Nice job and blazing first mile. Cool

You can do that when it's mostly down hill. 166 foot decline.  

But, of course you pay that back at the end.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Your running is  living proof that getting older doesn't have to be shitty.  Thank you.

He's a leaker!