Beginners and Beyond

WhySoEarly Saterdailies (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 with the Still Bluesky workout of 6 x 1/2 (2@ 10k, 2@5k, 2 faster than 5k) at the track. Fog is rolling in here.

Nice race and AG win Still Bluesky.

Sorry it wasn't your day DavePNW.

LRB

Not so much a blowup, as just never having it. I can't really explain it.

Half marathon pace is easily one of the most unpredictable of the distances we race. There are days when you can drop 6 miles at HMP within a run with more in the tank, and others when you cannot run a single mile at it. It sucks when you don't have it right out of the gate because as you opined, it's gonna be a long ass run from that point forward.

onemile

10 with the Still Bluesky workout of 6 x 1/2 (2@ 10k, 2@5k, 2 faster than 5k) at the track. Fog is rolling in here.

onemile

Overall - race was good.

Little disappointed that I couldn't hold pace in mile 5 - but pleased with effort.

Finished 1st in age group - and would have finished first in one age group back too.

Award was a nice coffee mug  - my third from this event (2nd AG in 2013, 1st in AG 2015).

Congrats on the AG placing. Coffee mug is a top pick for an award for me. Something useful.

onemile

I ran 10 with 6x1mile, 90 sec recoveries.

LRB

I ran 10 with 6x1mile, 90 sec recoveries.

You're back!

onemile

You're back!

Not quite but working on it. Somehow I am supposed to run 15 tomorrow after this.

LRB

Not quite but working on it. Somehow I am supposed to run 15 tomorrow after this.

Start slow and let the pace find you, don't try to run at some predetermined pace...oh, and fuel up beforehand!

From the Internet.

I ran 16 this morning. First 4 alone, with a crazy HRM strap error (climbed up to 199 while running like 9 minute pace and then slowly dropped back down again - probably just 'cause I needed to wash it), next 10 quicker with my club, and I jogged the last 2 alone as a cool-down. Should wind up somewhere around 57-58 for the week after a recovery slog tomorrow.

Legs are feeling tired but not terrible. I'm trying to book a massage for next week to stay on top of things.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Bluesky!

Dave, sorry about the race.  Some days you know there is no magic happening.  Hugs.

Damaris