Beginners and Beyond

Shakeout Sundailies (Read 46 times)

On the T right now

B-Plus

On the T right now

Ah! I should have planned to go early as well. Gonna be even more of a zoo by the time I get there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks great, Shari!

Have fun, guys!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

On the T right now

Just remember what happens to Charlie on the MTA.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Good luck to all the Boston peeps! Just make sure to find the starting line tomorrow.

Woke up at 3:30 this morning for no good reason. Ate & hung out for a few hours till it got light out, then ran 12 miles. Longest run in quite a while; for the purposes of my log I'm calling this a LR. Ended up being right at GMP+10%, just like the Hanson bros would tell me to do. Actually felt really, really good.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Also, the sheer quantity of attractive people is amazing.

LOL. We met one of DH's friends up in AC last weekend. He is single but had to work Sunday so had left Saturday evening. DH called him when we got home and the conversation went something like, dude, you have to volunteer at one of these running things. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

LRB

...for the purposes of my log I'm calling this a LR.

12 miles is a long run FFS.

Nice job DP.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.5. I beat the rain. The weather channel said 100% chance of severe thunderstorms and rain by 10 am and it was 9:15 so I high tailed it out to get my run in. Made it!

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Just remember what happens to Charlie on the MTA.

Ha.  Growing up all our vacations were camping trips and we had a lot of time in the car.   We had 3 rotating tapes we listened to -- John Denver, Simon and Garfunkel and the Kingston Trio.  I've listened to that song more times than you can count.  I always felt sorry for that poor guy -- why wouldn't his wife hand him the fare along with the sandwich?

Life is good.

LRB

I ended up doing 50 minutes of core stuff then finished up with 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer, the first time I have been on it in forever.

It was nice to sweat like that, which is one thing I miss about running...anyway, now for a small breakfast of scrambled eggs, grits and flax seed toast.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow. Today I ran 13 miles for the first time in forever. The last two miles are uphill and they hurt! Smile It was a good hurt, I guess, but I don't know if I can run 26.2 miles in two weeks. That would REALLY hurt. We'll see.

Good luck to the Boston runners and ENJOY!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, guys!

For the first time in 3 weeks I feel great.  I am even cleaning out my closets.  My husband saw all the shoes put out and he exclaimed IT'S AN EXPO!  LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran long. To honor Boston marathon weekend, I ran for 26.2

Since I'm in Canada, those were km, of course. In miles, it translates to a less impressive 16.3.

Little Blue

Finished the Flying Pirate HM, walking with my friend.  Have had some race food, a beer, and a shower, and now it's time for a nap.  Two nights of hotel sleep followed by 13.1 has me pooped!

We'll be driving tomorrow, so I won't be able to stalk Boston.  Good luck everyone!

Zelanie

Congrats, Blue!

Shari, I wonder if taking it easier the week before your HM might make more sense than continuing to build that week?

I have 6ish on tap for today.