Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - the 23rd Edition (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 miles on a nice morning.  That's double-digits 2 days in a row, the first time in about 9 months.  I gave myself a gold star for that shit.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Done with PT as of this morning!  7 miles, Pilates and Orange Theory class coming up tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi there people

I was gonna take the dogs on the trails this morning, but alarm never sounded so I'm hoping to get an easy run in later today if it's warm enough to take Dorian in the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning!

And a hearty good morning to you as well, kind sir!  This is the kind of morning enthusiasm I like to see!  And nice job running!   !!

Swim done, bike tonight.  The next five days looks like a whole lot of FTS weather.

<3

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! I deleted my post by accident. Urgh.

I ran 9.5 easy this morning and when I looked after the fact, that was probably the lowest heart rate I've ever seen for 8:50-9:00 miles, so I'm pretty happy. Wish I'd had time for a couple more but it's supposed to be a recovery week anyway so probably for the best that I didn't get up any earlier.

Planning out a 10K tuneup, looking at the weekend of May 6-7 because my last 20+ is the weekend prior, and then I still have 2 weeks to make sure I"m totally recovered before the marathon. WWB&BD?

A. Race Saturday, easy long run Sunday (probably on the order of 15-17ish)

B. Race Sunday, run easy long Saturday anyway

C. Race Sunday, shift easy long back to Thursday or Friday, get up stupid early to get it done.

A makes the most sense from a training standpoint, yeah? Sunday race would be slightly easier logistically, but I guess husband can take the kid to Saturday soccer for two weekends out of like 20 without it actually killing him.

LRB

I woke up at 5:00 to get ready to run and saw the temperature was 19 degrees and said FTS, then went back to sleep. Not that that's all that cold or anything, I am just done with running in the dark in those temps and I really didn't feel like running anyway. Plus, I have some kind of chest congestion and fever going on, AGAIN. #ihatesickpeople

TL/DR: Unscheduled rest day.

LRB

So my services were requested during a police raid last night (as a taste tester ). I see these things all the time but this was one of the most intricate setups ever. Anyway, all the owner had to do is show up to get his ticket, and everyone leaves. He didn't show up so his entire crop (there was another room as well) was confiscated.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, but what would have happened if he had shown up?  Eh?

Lauren, why do you want to do a tuneup two weeks before the race?  Or am I missing something?

Damaris

From the Internet.

Yeah, but what would have happened if he had shown up?  Eh?

Lauren, why do you want to do a tuneup two weeks before the race?  Or am I missing something?

Borrowed from Pfitz, with coach's blessing; my plan is already pretty Pfitz-like anyway. Purpose would be a final fitness check to nail down the goal pace for Sugarloaf (and obliterating my hot-humid-hilly 10K PR from last year).

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Borrowed from Pfitz, with coach's blessing; my plan is already pretty Pfitz-like anyway. Purpose would be a final fitness check to nail down the goal pace for Sugarloaf (and obliterating my hot-humid-hilly 10K PR from last year).

Yes, but Pfitz does not have a tune up race 2 weeks out, though.  Not that I  remember.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tried to do some miles at lunch and my TM has this huge ruckus that I fear something is loose.  My husband lubricated the TM, coincidence?  I think not.  He better fix it tonight, because the chances to run outside will expire soon with us closing on 90F this week.

Damaris

onemile

Hi there people

I was gonna take the dogs on the trails this morning, but alarm never sounded so I'm hoping to get an easy run in later today if it's warm enough to take Dorian in the stroller.

Hi FreeSoul!

onemile

So my services were requested during a police raid last night (as a taste tester ). I see these things all the time but this was one of the most intricate setups ever. Anyway, all the owner had to do is show up to get his ticket, and everyone leaves. He didn't show up so his entire crop (there was another room as well) was confiscated.

Sounds like an interesting job

Yes, but Pfitz does not have a tune up race 2 weeks out, though.  Not that I  remember.

Yes he does.

Dave