Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

StepbyStep-SH

You know the drill.

I'm up to get on a TM as soon as the Y opens at 6:30. Shooting for 10 miles with 4x1 mile at HMP.

I have really let myself get out of the early morning routine, but with several work projects that all dropped in my lap at once (I freelance part-time from home), it's time to get back to getting up early.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

'Sup yo!

Speed work is on tap for me in what looks to be some crazy winds.  Honestly though, the idea that it might be warm enough for shorts has me on the giddy side. We shall see though.

Until then, I am just laying here chillin' out, visualizing my workout in my head.  Coffee in a bit.

happylily

Morning!

I hope your transition to early morning running goes well, Shari. It should be a tad easier to get up early now that we have some light back.

Rick, have fun with the speedwork and good luck!

It rained all day yesterday, but fortunately, the rain was two feet away from me when I ran. Not on me. Yes, the stupid garage roof is leaking again. Grrrr... Because I missed quite a few miles this week (I didn't tell you, but I skipped Wed.'s run because I fell asleep on the couch after work), I plan on doing 3 recovery runs today, 5 miles each. After Sunday, I'll still be 4 miles short of what the plan calls for the week. I seem to rarely have a perfect week. Oh well. Now, time for another cup of coffee.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Step, I need to get myself OUT of the early morning routine...it's what I've been doing on weekdays, and by the end of the week I just want to go to bed at 8:00PM. On the weekend I sleep late (almost 7:00 today!), eat, and go a bit later.

LRB, coffee in a bit? No, coffee NOW.

And it's not quite shorts weather for me, but it will do. Some kind of LR today.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  Sunny and 40 degrees...nice day for a half marathon.

<3

LRB

LRB, coffee in a bit? No, coffee NOW.

There is a countdown of about an hour or so from first sip to when I need to blast the hell out of the door to run so I have to time my coffee consumption just so!  lol

By the way, I passed on the open mile today at U of M.  Mostly 'cuz it's a 12:30 race but there where a couple of other things too.

Good luck Boon!

happylily

Good luck! Run smart in the hills!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  We missed a lot of movies in the theater so we need to get cranking today.  I MIGHT go out for a short walk with hubby.  Yesterday, I did errands and the laundry and walked 4 miles overall without pain so I was cleared for walking.  I don't walk but since I cannot run, I might as well.  We'll see if I dare this weekend.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Phil.

Damaris

Good luck! Make that thing your bitch!

Dave

MothAudio

Morning!

I hope your transition to early morning running goes well, Shari. It should be a tad easier to get up early now that we have some light back.

Rick, have fun with the speedwork and good luck!

It rained all day yesterday, but fortunately, the rain was two feet away from me when I ran. Not on me. Yes, the stupid garage roof is leaking again. Grrrr... Because I missed quite a few miles this week (I didn't tell you, but I skipped Wed.'s run because I fell asleep on the couch after work), I plan on doing 3 recovery runs today, 5 miles each. After Sunday, I'll still be 4 miles short of what the plan calls for the week. I seem to rarely have a perfect week. Oh well. Now, time for another cup of coffee.

Have a great day!

Sounds like the nonsense I used to do and refer to it as "recovery". I miss that.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

I plan on doing 3 recovery runs today, 5 miles each. 

Um yeah, that's what some of us just call a LR day. 

Dave

happylily

Sounds like the nonsense I used to do and refer to it as "recovery". I miss that.

You're right, Mike, it was nonsense.  So I ended up running 8 instead of 5. I'll run 7 later tonight. Two runs instead of three. A double, something you're very familiar with, I believe? 

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Heading out for a longish run with two friends. One wants to go for 10, one wants to go for 13. I know where a bar with a patio is along the greenway, so they might find me with a beer on this beautiful day while they duke it out over the distance. 

Good luck Baboon!

Have a great Saturday!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dude, today was supposed to be my sleep in day............. I woke up at 6:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so I made coffee and started house cleaning, and then watched some of G.I Joe: Retaliation before Dorian woke up at 8 AM. If it gets up to the 60s today I'll probably take Dorian to the park or something, other than that it will be some house cleaning and relaxing.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)