Beginners and Beyond

Frozen FriDAILIES (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

5.3 miles in gloves when I really needed mittens. My HR didn't even get high enough to register a performance condition, but my training status still shows that I am detraining. Okay then! I came home and registered for Sunday's HM, which will be a laugh riot, but as long as I emerge intact I will be glad.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Detraining, but running. That's a win!

LRB

I was seriously considering disabling all of that nonsense from my watch but find myself laughing at all mostly. It's almost like it just randomly picks shit like a slot machine. lol

onemile

I was going to run the 6 miles I skipped on Weds today but my coach wants me to take a rest day so bad, so I guess I am taking a rest day.  I have a long run workout tomorrow.

onemile

You should be detraining after your goal marathon. You can't expect to maintain peak fitness at all times.

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Friday!  Still feeling pretty good about my run last night.  But enough about that...I dragged my sorry ass to the pool this morning for 2100 yards.  Swimming feels fine but slow due to barely swimming lately.  I'll crank the swimming back up after my marathon.  Got five miles to run after work. 

Nice and quiet in the office today, which will allow me to chip away at my mountain of work.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I'm not actually upset that my watch is telling me I'm detraining because I don't put any stock in anything it says in that regard. That doesn't mean it isn't irritating! Last year I went from "no status" to "maintaining," which seems less mean somehow.

The HM was $69, but after the "service charge" and "processing fee" I paid $75.63. On-site race day registration is $74, so I could have saved myself a whopping $1.63 had I waited.

Just looked up the weather... it will be 33° at the start, feel like 22°, 15-25mph wind. I have no idea how to dress for these conditions anymore. I may die.

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

Hey there peeps. My watch always tells me random stuff, too, but given my recent running habits I don't blame it for telling me I'm detraining, or am unproductive. But that's me--clearly not you guys, who actually do work out on the regular.

I've had a sore neck/lymph nodes since Monday. I also found 2 big bumps on my opposite back/shoulder area--they look like they'd be mosquito bites, but they don't itch, but they are sore to the touch. WTF? They appear to be getting smaller, but seriously.

It's finally normal November weather here (34*F), and it'll be close to 40*F for a few days. It's going to feel downright balmy.

We're having family over tonight to celebrate my sons' birthdays; I think we're going to do a taco bar. And margaritas for the adults. Big grin

RunningOnSand

PS, is anyone getting emails from retailers, about "early Black Friday" specials--happening now??? I am so not ready for this.

Just looked up the weather... it will be 33° at the start, feel like 22°, wind 15-25mph wind. I have no idea how to dress for these conditions anymore. I may die.

Damaris suggests a tank, shorts, and arm sleeves.

My temp will be very nice, low 50s. But with rain & wind. I think hard for the forecasters to tell how much of each this far out; I certainly prefer more of the former and less of the latter, if I could choose.

Speaking of: 8 miles in the rain this morning.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Damaris suggests a tank, shorts, and arm sleeves.

My temp will be very nice, low 50s. But with rain & wind. I think hard for the forecasters to tell how much of each this far out; I certainly prefer more of the former and less of the latter, if I could choose.

Speaking of: 8 miles in the rain this morning.

Last I checked, I was not Damaris, so that doesn't help me.

Your weather sounds pretty similar to what I had for my marathon, so that should work out well! Want to switch??

chasing the impossible

From the Internet.

Hi folks!

10 miles with 6 like, marathon pace, I guess? Started off a bit slower, ended a bit faster. Needed something a little bit upbeat but have already put in some hard/fast work this week, so coach suggested a longish easy tempo. The cold was not ideal, but I felt pretty good once I got rolling.

RunningOnSand

Hi folks!

10 miles with 6 like, marathon pace, I guess? Started off a bit slower, ended a bit faster. Needed something a little bit upbeat but have already put in some hard/fast work this week, so coach suggested a longish easy tempo. The cold was not ideal, but I felt pretty good once I got rolling.

I need more of this, and also more of Baboon's types of run-feelings.

onemile

I'm not actually upset that my watch is telling me I'm detraining because I don't put any stock in anything it says in that regard. That doesn't mean it isn't irritating! Last year I went from "no status" to "maintaining," which seems less mean somehow.

The HM was $69, but after the "service charge" and "processing fee" I paid $75.63. On-site race day registration is $74, so I could have saved myself a whopping $1.63 had I waited.

Just looked up the weather... it will be 33° at the start, feel like 22°, 15-25mph wind. I have no idea how to dress for these conditions anymore. I may die.

I'd prob wear a lightweight long sleeve shirt and shorts. That's a few degrees warmer than the Madison marathon and that's what I wore.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, she definitely does not dress like Damaris, lol.

I can run today so I'll see.  My piriformis and lower back is hurting today but they will get better as I move today.

Damaris