Beginners and Beyond

No time for Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

B-Plus

I'm heading out for a 6 am group workout. Something like 1200s and 600s. You?

delicate flower

B-Pizzle fo shizzle, how many miles do you get out of a pair of Hitogamis?  Mine have 150 miles on them and they don't feel new any more.

'Morning, kids!  I've got a 60 minute tempo run later, which may have to be done on the treadmill if this afternoon's weather forecast holds up.  I'd really like to tackle this run outside, but negative temps and 40 mph winds can go right to hell.  Who's with me!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home so back from 11 with 2 X 3 miles at MP.  The headwind made the workout a bit challenging but I am still amazed at the paces I can run when my asthma is not trying to kill me.

Damaris

Cyberic

It really mild this morning in Montreal. 15F, no wind. Ok, it's still winter but if winter was like that all along, I'm sure we would find a reason to complain Smile

Easy running today. Calves are a bit tight from all the "fast" running, but I feel great. Tomorrow is another interesting workout day:

w/u + 4 x 200 R w/200 m jog + 2 x 1 mile T w/1 min jog + 4 x 200 R w/200 m jog + c/d. That's gonna be fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With a wind chill of -4F and still sick with whatever i came down with after my race, the only thing getting me out of the house is the need to grocery shop. This is a hell of a way to recover.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

Day 2 of my Denver conference. I did manage to get 8 in yesterday. We will see what today has to offer.

LRB

It's colder than a bitch here. So much so the hairs in my nose crystallized as I walked through the parking lot. What? 

I got 7 done on the belt. It was a nice run, as they all have been lately. Weird.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's colder than a bitch here. So much so the hairs in my nose crystallized as I walked through the parking lot. What? 

I got 7 done on the belt. It was a nice run, as they all have been lately. Weird.

This morning at 4 am it was -5 with a wind chill of -15 or -20.

No running again, I might try for a run Saturday.  I did go to the gym for some leg strengthening. Took it easy though, sadly it appears my hamstrings and quads might be weaker that my upper body..  on the leg curl machine and leg extension machine, but 90 lbs was still easy on the leg press.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Still impossible to run outside right now so I'll be doing 6 or 8ish on the treadmill later, maybe with some HMP or tempo stuff thrown in, all easy if the legs start to feel tight. I found and smooshed out an absolutely hideous trigger point in my left calf yesterday and my leg feels about a thousand times better today - probably going to have it dry needled next week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Had to drop Trixie at the vet because they screwed up my appointment (I switched from 930 to 1130 but they canceled it instead).  Too many people there for me to wait. So now I wait for the news as to why she is still vomiting invisible stuff.

Damaris

B-Plus

B-Pizzle fo shizzle, how many miles do you get out of a pair of Hitogamis?  Mine have 150 miles on them and they don't feel new any more.

'Morning, kids!  I've got a 60 minute tempo run later, which may have to be done on the treadmill if this afternoon's weather forecast holds up.  I'd really like to tackle this run outside, but negative temps and 40 mph winds can go right to hell.  Who's with me!

I'm at just under 280 and counting. This is my first pair, so I can't tell you what I normally get. They still seem fine for long tempos, but I wouldn't try them in a race. I'd say I have less than 100 miles left on them.

Speaking of Mizuno, my workout this morning was coached by a Mizuno athlete!!!!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Bad news. According to Dr. Google, I am pretty sure I have posterior tibial tendonitis.  I have most of the symptoms and I think I have to dial back the mileage before I have to shut it completely down. I suppose it would be best to take some URDs (though I will probably go out for some easy runs) because I really don't want a collapsed arch. This completely bums me out because I am in week 9 of training and I really wanted to give the marathon a BQ effort. Today was a SRD anyway, so we'll see how it feels tomorrow morning when I am supposed to go out for a hard 10 mile tempo run.  Damn.

Other than that, life is good.

Hi Dailies.

Bad news. According to Dr. Google, I am pretty sure I have posterior tibial tendonitis.  I have most of the symptoms and I think I have to dial back the mileage before I have to shut it completely down. I suppose it would be best to take some URDs (though I will probably go out for some easy runs) because I really don't want a collapsed arch. This completely bums me out because I am in week 9 of training and I really wanted to give the marathon a BQ effort. Today was a SRD anyway, so we'll see how it feels tomorrow morning when I am supposed to go out for a hard 10 mile tempo run.  Damn.

Other than that, life is good.

BOO!

Dave

delicate flower

I'm at just under 280 and counting. This is my first pair, so I can't tell you what I normally get. They still seem fine for long tempos, but I wouldn't try them in a race. I'd say I have less than 100 miles left on them.

Speaking of Mizuno, my workout this morning was coached by a Mizuno athlete!!!!!

I stalked your equipment log since that is how I roll.  I see you hold on to your shoes much, much longer than I do.  Like, twice as long.  I suppose running in nothing but light racing flats isn't helping me.

<3

LRB

I stalked your equipment log since that is how I roll.  I see you hold on to your shoes much, much longer than I do.  Like, twice as long.  I suppose running in nothing but light racing flats isn't helping me.

I am over 300 miles in my flats but it's taken a year to get there because I only wear them for races and speed work.

Once they're over 225 miles or so I get a new pair to race in but they work great for speed work where some days are wet and muddy.

I wear a midweight trainer for easy and extended tempo runs and runs of 13 miles and less. For anything longer I pull out the big ass land yatchs.