Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; The Force is Stupid (Read 58 times)

LRB

Having seen the very first Star Wars (and its two sequels) at the movies a million years ago, I actually had to do an online search just to figure out where exactly the franchise is with its latest movie set to be released this weekend. Apparently this movie is a sequel to the sequel; The Return of the Jedi, and all of the subsequent films released after the original trilogy were either re-releases of those three, or prequels to those three. Adding even more confusion to the mix for old heads like me, the movies that comprised the original trilogy were either renamed, or had subtitles added. Yeah.

So now that you're as confused as I am, welcome to Wednesday. You're welcome. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot wait to see it!

RD.

Damaris

Cyberic

I wish I felt the force this morning. Today is the Xth day in a row that I wake up at like 3-4 at night and can't really fall back asleep. After many days of this, I'm really feeling it.

I'll run easy.

Mmmmm...beer

Yup, this movie picks up where the original trilogy left off, which is why they're able to use some of the original actors, because their age is accurate for the story.  I don't see very many movies in the theater anymore, just too expensive for a family of four, but we will be going to the theater for this one!  Probably Christmas weekend with my BIL while we're down in Atlanta visiting, since I know he wants to see it too.

I'm happy to report that I was good this morning, only 5.5 miles, at a very easy pace.  Tomorrow will be a rest day, then a short run with sprints on Friday to prep for my carb load.  Forecast is still looking perfect!!  Rain tomorrow and into Friday, but none for Saturday.  So the trails might be muddy, but at least it won't be raining for the race, I can handle that.  I'll assess on Saturday morning, but right now, things are looking good for a sub-4 attempt.  Sounds crazy when I say it outloud. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Good morning, sunshines!

So now that you're as confused as I am...

No, I think you are the only person in the world who is confused by this.  

I did an unscheduled swim workout this morning because my swimming sucks and I need the work.  New Coach says it is always a good thing to add extra swims when I can.  So, 2000 yards done.  I have an hour on the spin bike to do after work.

<3

LRB

No, I think you are the only person in the world who is confused by this.  

You are actually right, as evidenced by the billions who are waiting to descend on theaters en masse for the next 72 weeks.

bluerun

Super B****

Star Wars: less than zero interest.

I wish I felt the force this morning. Today is the Xth day in a row that I wake up at like 3-4 at night and can't really fall back asleep. After many days of this, I'm really feeling it.

STORY OF MY LIFE.  Except I woke up at 2 AM and was awake until after 3.  And then I wonder why I'm always tired...

7 miles; ran about 4.5 of them.  And it was so cold when I started, since I opted to dress in what would be comfortable when I was running, that I walked my first mile in 11:19. 

I have an appointment with my dietitian today.  Mercy be upon my soul.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was lucky enough to have a peacefully sleeping child this morning, but I barely had 4 hours of sleep. Forcing myself up at 4:45 this morning was freaking hard, I was looking for any excuse to get back in bed.

BUT I got out and got in 10 miles this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Inertia is a powerful force. And part of why I did not get out of bed to run this morning (supplemented by the fact that I couldn't fall asleep last night until after midnight). And with the wind now blowing, despite a very-warm-for-December-in-Wisconsin 43*, I have little desire to go run. Maybe I will at lunchtime, or maybe not. Ugh.

As for Star Wars, I ordered two tickets in advance for a Saturday matinee. Hopefully DH will take DS, but if he doesn't, I'll take the boy. I'm just kinda meh about the movie, but DS keeps asking every day if we can see it in the theater, and it's killing me to keep it a surprise because I'm sick of him asking.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston last night, with a temp of 70 degrees and very low humidity and dew-point, sweet.  Especially nice, as I did not run into anything.     3.1 miles done.

Tonite, meeting some fellow Veterans at the Riverwalk VFW for a few miles and post-run beers. More nice weather for us...63 degrees...

The whole Star Wars series described in 18 words....It was dark it was light it was dark it was light it was dark...it was...LIGHT!   

Not into the whole hype of this stuff....I'll just wait to watch it until it comes out on DVR, etc...might be a while but that's okay with me.. no crowds to deal with , can sit in my own chair, have my own bathrooom, and not spend a fortune on movie snacks...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

You are actually right, as evidenced by the billions who are waiting to descend on theaters en masse for the next 72 weeks.

It's not that I'm confused, I did not even try to understand where this movie stands relative to the others. And when you tried to explain it, I skipped past your text.

I think I've see 4 of the 6 previous movies... maybe 5

LRB

I skipped past your text.

I think people do that with pretty much everything I post. lol

DavePNW

Star Wars: less than zero interest.

+1. Less than that, if possible.

SRD.

Dave

LRB

Hopefully DH will take DS, but if he doesn't, I'll take the boy. I'm just kinda meh about the movie, but DS keeps asking every day if we can see it in the theater, and it's killing me to keep it a surprise because I'm sick of him asking.

Surprising him is great, but having gone through it myself with the first Star Wars movie as a nine year old, knowing that he's going would be awesome.

StepbyStep-SH

Surprising him is great, but having gone through it myself with the first Star Wars movie as a nine year old, knowing that he's going would be awesome.

I've told him we'll go, sometime, while it's still in the theaters ... just not that he gets to go opening weekend. He would be impossible to live with this week if we told him in advance.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.