Beginners and Beyond

Before Sun Up Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Yep.

A little over 7 miles today, and I've now got a 22 day streak.  The longer that continues, the harder it will be to take a brake.

What is the longest streak any of you have?  Mine is 65 days back in 2011.

42 days running.  157 days training (swim, bike, or run).  Current training streak is 32 days.  I should probably take a day off.  I mean, I am not going to, I'm just saying I'm probably due.

<3

LRB

Yep.

A little over 7 miles today, and I've now got a 22 day streak.  The longer that continues, the harder it will be to take a brake.

What is the longest streak any of you have?  Mine is 65 days back in 2011.

41 days, although I averaged more miles per day during a 21 day streak before that.

onemile

Nice. What's the rationale for not just making it 9 continuous GMP?

Not sure. She didn't say. Normally 2 weeks out I get 16 with the last 6 at GMP. But this time she gave me this.

onemile

My log says it's 34 days at 9.8 miles per day average

but I don't try to streak. I just run what Addie tells me to run

onemile

I ran 5 this morning

GinnyinPA

I did the RW Holiday Streak a few years ago, where I ran every day from Halloween to New Years. That was fun.

onemile

90 days leading up to my recent marathon. I never cared about streaking before, and always took one day off every week like it was my job. Till this cycle when I went to 7 days. I may still stick with the every-day running, because why not. But still don't care too much about streaking; if I can't get a decent run in for whatever reason, not gonna go out and do 1 mile to keep a streak going.

MTA on the line in bold: I did not find it hard at all to break my streak on Monday. 

I like 7 days a week for marathon training. I probably take 1 day off per month. But it makes it easier to run higher mileage and you really stop thinking about rest days.

Cyberic

90 days leading up to my recent marathon. I never cared about streaking before, and always took one day off every week like it was my job. Till this cycle when I went to 7 days. I may still stick with the every-day running, because why not. But still don't care too much about streaking; if I can't get a decent run in for whatever reason, not gonna go out and do 1 mile to keep a streak going.

MTA on the line in bold: I did not find it hard at all to break my streak on Monday. 

Just like my man Dave said. My longest was 44 days, currently at 17, but whenever I feel like I need a break, I don't run that day. I don't go for the streak, it just happens.

Ran 11+ this morning. + Skips and a couple of sprints, like the 5 bucks video I bought from MacMillan told me to do. I do that 3-4 times a week, after an easy run.

Cyberic

Tomorrow, many of my friends will take part in the first edition of the self-proclaimed fastest marathon in North America. https://marathondupetittraindunordenglish.weebly.com

Tempting for next year...

LRB

Well, unlike everyone else, when I realized I had a streak going, I intentionally ran on my rest days to keep it going.

Both came during fall training. The first was during MRT, and after 21 days of some really high mileage (high for me!), I had enough. The second came while training for a half marathon, the mileage was modest so I ran until I decided to break it.

What I eventually learned was that streaking, whether intentional or a result of circumstance, wasn't as bad on my body as taking a rest day. In fact, running 4 miles on Monday actually hastened recovery.

Whatever.

I am currently in the midst of a 5 day streak, and will purposely run tomorrow to get to 6. Don't hate the player, hate the game. 

DavePNW

I like 7 days a week for marathon training. I probably take 1 day off per month. But it makes it easier to run higher mileage and you really stop thinking about rest days.

The 7th day was optional in the plan, but in the spirit of trying something different, I figured I'd give it a go. I was sure I would miss my traditional weekly RD, but really didn't. Did not end up with any higher weekly mileage than usual, but spread over more days must have made it easier. Worked out OK in any case. A weird side benefit: seems every time a non-runner or more casual runner finds out you run, they ask "do you run every day?" Now instead of explaining my schedule, I can just answer yes.

Dave

DavePNW

Ran 8 miles. Only turned out to be a drizzle. Actually a nice fall day out there, by Seattle standards. In fact, you could say:

Dave

zzyzx

Back home from vacation. Thursday was a rest day because I had a long drive, which is good because I also had a weird run in with the Kentucky police who made it obvious that they didn't like my kind there and they were going to delay me to harass me for a while. Friday I did the exercise bike at the hotel which gave a distance so high that I'm not logging it lest it give me an unbreakable record. Today was my big lifting day followed by 32 minutes of the exercise bike (alpine pass level 12) at a depressing 11.75 miles. I'm blaming it on this cold that's still lingering. I had a coughing fit that almost made me quit.

KCRuns

This morning I ran with Rob Jones, a double amputee Marine veteran who is running a Month Of Marathons - 31 marathons in 31 cities in 31 days. He’s raising funds and awareness for wounded veteran charities. Today was Chicago. I ran 6 miles with him. He’s speedy, so I was back of the pack with another lady about my pace. A nice little group showed up. Some ran 6, 8 or more miles with him. I ran to the meet up place, so I got a little over 8 miles for the day.

Got my hard one out of the way!!!

12mi w 6mi straight at goal HM pace... I knew this was going to be a tough one and my legs were full of fatigue from a long week climbing ladders/roofs along with my mile repeats on Wed. Even durning the warmup my legs were saying "what are you doing to me?" lol

5mi UP 8:20ish avg pace.

6mi @ Goal HM pace (Target 6:32-34) Splits: 6:46, 31, 30, 32, 30, 25 (First is always slow for me. Workout was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. My legs were feeling it but aerobically not horrible)

1mi DN 8:03 avg.

Some things I learned today:

1. I don't need any gels or water during my race.

2. The attitude you have going into a hard workout makes a big difference on how you perform (I wasn't so happy during warmup but changed that around)

3. I'm fairly confident on targeting  6:32 as my goal pace with a good taper on fresh legs

Need to catch up later on all your posts....I gotta get somewhere

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???