Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Not a day you want to skip a run (Read 37 times)

outoftheblue

I think you need to combine the cake with sex.

First outside run done -- 3.5 miles and my legs are starting to feel a lot better.  Not quite normal yet, but better.   My side where I got that side-stich is still a little wonky.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did not skip mine today, either.   Woke up not feeling too well - kinda felt like my wife Gail did last week, cold but sweating, chills, etc.   Don't have it as bad as her though, so got up and went and did a run/walk of 4 miles which, all things considered, went surprisingly well.  Right after I finished I  promptly threw up and felt somewhat better.  Just to be safe - especially with my medical history - got a same-day appointment to see the doc, they took me in almost right away; just some mild virus or something, nothing contagious or serious thank goodness, got an injection of...whatever the heck the doc told me it was, some fancy-name thingy..and doc told me to go home, take it easy the rest of the day, back to work tomorrow, should be feeling a lot better by then.   So now I am at home "taking it easy"...and getting a bit sleepy from that injection, so may go take a nap in a bit.  Yeah, old age is fun....  

I thought a Heath Bar was ice cream...so the cake will be an ice cream cake?    Umm, how do you miss a wake-up call...if it's a wake-up call for the time you tell them, don't they call you at THAT time?  Did you just ignore it, LRB?  Bad dog!  Your penalty is next time you run, you have to wear a pair of Richard Simmons tights....

Safe drive, Marjorie!

Mmmm, COOKIES!    Past that plate this way, Silver!

Congrats on the 7, Baboon.  Enjoy the gym if you go.

wow, 90 minutes in sleet, way to go, Lauren!  You earned the holiday party food!

I think your chest junk is pretty hot, Damaris.     Hope your run goes well!   Nice of you to share with your DH, I am sure he is so appreciative.

Take care of the knee, Step.  Hope you can do the holiday lights run...but don't push it, or you might have more URDs for a lot longer.

Congrats on the 8, onemile!   I don't think Baboon knows  'easy".  If he ever tried to run with me at MY pace - which IS easy - he would probably go off the deep end, going that slow...

Congrats on the miles, OOTB.   Glad your legs are feeling better.  Hope the side-stitch area now starts behaving itself too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Two more days of this thing called work and I will be off for two weeks. I had some nice mile intervals last night and today I am going to run an easy 45 minutes in some new shoes. I found a pair of New Balance 890 Baddelays (or something like that) under my bed so today they are going with me.

See ya.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I was speaking figuratively, of course. 

Having said that I have had other iterations of it that were less than underwhelming, the way she makes hers though is one where I will not pass on it as I pass on everything else that makes its way to our "treat tray".

And by 'treat tray' you are still speaking only of food to be ingested...

LRB

Yes, lol.

DavePNW

I think you need to combine the cake with sex.

Costanza would do it.

Hey! Hi everyone.

Sorry I vanished for a few days, not that anyone probably noticed. My week started by waking up Monday (after about 2 hrs sleep) with my knee hurting again. Decided to take a RD, then to go on & have about the shittiest week ever at work. Between my knee & work, Mon-Wed off.

However after this morning, most of the work shittiness is behind me (I hope), and in fact am trying to make this the last work day of the year.

And I did 5 miles on the treadmill at lunchtime, with the knee pretty much holding up OK.

Hopefully just a minor recovery setback & I can now get back to it.

See ya.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Costanza would do it.

Hey! Hi everyone.

Sorry I vanished for a few days, not that anyone probably noticed. My week started by waking up Monday (after about 2 hrs sleep) with my knee hurting again. Decided to take a RD, then to go on & have about the shittiest week ever at work. Between my knee & work, Mon-Wed off.

However after this morning, most of the work shittiness is behind me (I hope), and in fact am trying to make this the last work day of the year.

And I did 5 miles on the treadmill at lunchtime, with the knee pretty much holding up OK.

Hopefully just a minor recovery setback & I can now get back to it.

See ya.

Only after he took it out of the trash can.  And yes, we missed you.

Baboon

delicate flower

Welcome back, DaveP.  Stupid knee.

Man, I hate having to say NO to a job candidate that I really like.  I had two good ones but I can only hire one.  I hate having to disappoint someone.

<3

LRB

My three layer cake was a hit (red velvet and chocolate), not a single crumb of it was left!

Now it's off to the bar with the boys. 

silver_springs77

Wait, silver_springs.  Are you who I think you are, Erin?  I cannot see well on the avatar.  If not, nevermind.

Yes its me....hahaha. I have returneth to the forums. Mwahahahaha!!!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

DavePNW

Welcome back, DaveP.  Stupid knee.

Man, I hate having to say NO to a job candidate that I really like.  I had two good ones but I can only hire one.  I hate having to disappoint someone.

Thanks.

Worse: I had to fire someone this week. A good guy I really liked, but it had to be done. Part of my shitty work week, although of course a lot shittier for him. Merry Christmas.

Dave

DavePNW

What's on the plate?

Dave

LRB

LRB

Worse: I had to fire someone this week. A good guy I really liked, but it had to be done. Part of my shitty work week, although of course a lot shittier for him. Merry Christmas.

That blows. I have been in your position and Boons, I do not miss either but especially yours. I had a guy beg me for his job once, that totally sucked.

DavePNW

I had a guy beg me for his job once, that totally sucked.

Oh yeah I've had that. It's awful.

Dave