Beginners and Beyond

WednesDaylies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Got my first vaccine today (Pfizer) and am hoping tomorrow's pace run will come off as planned.  From what I hear it's the second dose that is tougher, and I'll get that one in three weeks so the pace run the day after that may have to be rescheduled.  That said, the good news is I'll have the full benefit of the vaccine well before my April 25 half marathon.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got my first vaccine today (Pfizer) and am hoping tomorrow's pace run will come off as planned.  From what I hear it's the second dose that is tougher, and I'll get that one in three weeks so the pace run the day after that may have to be rescheduled.  That said, the good news is I'll have the full benefit of the vaccine well before my April 25 half marathon.

I felt a mild fatigue and had to cut back on my planned interval workout after I got my first Pfizer vaccine dose.  It was a couple days before I felt up to anything intense or more than easy distance.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, Fred!

We have 38-40mph gusts all day, so my run will be interesting. Lower back still hurts so I'll see how many I can run today. The weekend will be better weather wise so maybe I can make up some miles then.

Damaris

Rest day, right leg etc bad last night.  Knock on wood dirt tomorrow

delicate flower

What it do, chuckos!  I did 90 minutes easy on the bike trainer this morning, and have an interval run to do this afternoon.  Another beautiful day out there today.

<3

interval run 

Oh hi. Had 9 miles with 5x1200 today. I've been starting at 6:00 AM, today didn't get out the door till 6:15. Just that 15 min was enough - walked out with my Noxgear vest; walked right back in & took it off, and went running light-free. I'll enjoy that while it lasts, which is a few more days. The workout went pretty well, although I realized afterwards that rep #4 was only 800m because apparently I can't fucking count to 3.  Otherwise, it went reasonably well - 6:48, 6:45, 6:35, 6:37, and like last week, crushed the final one at 6:17.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Trying to decide if I want to take a rest day. I should, but it is 65 degree out. Might sneak out for a run this afternoon since I have a 4-5pm meeting and I usually work 8-4.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates done. My back is thankful.

The wind is brutal right now. At some point, I stopped to see WTF was screaming at the window and it was the wind, lol.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

7.5 miles with 6 x 800 / 4 min recovery jog. I didn't look at pace at all and ended up 10k-HMP, depending on the wind. I'm liking intervals when running by effort and ignoring pace.

I feel like I haven't seen Bird scooters in almost a year but there they were, several on every corner today. Pisses me off as I trip over them. Thankfully I'm running in the daylight these days.

delicate flower

interval run to do this afternoon

10 x 2:00 hard/2:00 easy.  6:25 avg pace on those intervals, although with intervals that short, Garmin has a tendency to get a little inconsistent with the readings, like one interval will seem slow, and the following recovery will be just as fast as the hard interval.  Anyway, a good 52 minute run regardless of the numbers.

<3

Cyberic

Ran a workout-less 10 easy miles, as usual.

GinnyinPA

I ran 7, with 4 at HMP.