Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Runshortii

Dave - Hope the hip starts feeling better Sad

I have 5 easy to do today. I have a ladder workout and I finally figured out how to use garmin connect to make a custom workout and send it to my watch. It's actually kind of nifty. Now not sure if I should do it on the closest track or just the flat 2.3 mile loop around the lake at my gym. The closest track that's open to the public is 35 minutes away, and then I would have to drive 20 minutes across town to the gym anyway to change and shower before work. Or I can just drive 20 minutes to the gym and do everything there, which is also only 5 minutes from work. And the lake loop at the gym is basically just as flat...

DavePNW

I finally figured out how to use garmin connect to make a custom workout and send it to my watch. It's actually kind of nifty.

It was only about a year ago I discovered this, it was a total mindblow.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It was only about a year ago I discovered this, it was a total mindblow.

I never got it sorted on my old 620, and I wondered if it was because the watch just wasn't powerful enough. With my Fenix 5 I should definitely have the capability - is it worth messing around with?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

I never got it sorted on my old 620, and I wondered if it was because the watch just wasn't powerful enough. With my Fenix 5 I should definitely have the capability - is it worth messing around with?

It's a wonderful thing if you have any complicated workouts - basically anything more than x reps of y, with z recoveries.

Dave

Runshortii

It's a wonderful thing if you have any complicated workouts - basically anything more than x reps of y, with z recoveries.

Yeah, I used to think "Oh I can only program intervals in my watch if they're the same distance, that's stupid" lol. This is a game changer 

LRB

One can get by fine with just using the lap button or the standard workouts that you can program from the watch face, but it's nice to have everything measured equally and not having to look at your watch constantly.

DavePNW

One can get by fine with just using the lap button or the standard workouts that you can program from the watch face, but it's nice to have everything measured equally and not having to look at your watch constantly.

Basically what I still do for any shorter intervals I do at the track - I just use track markings. But longer intervals I do on the road make that more difficult to manage.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

327 days, 23 hours.

I hope that will be time enough to get over it and still have time for training.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

DavePNW

I hope that will be time enough to get over it and still have time for training.

Yeah, better back that up 12 weeks.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Yeah, better back that up 12 weeks.

Any thoughts on going to a sports medicine doc?

Good morning, pals! Sounds like you guys are having a good start to the day.

Those of you who have watched Deadpool2: So I talked to a friend who said Deadpool2 was super gory--truth? Like are we talking about Game of Thrones gory? Or Braveheart gory? Or not at all?

Garmin workouts...I have a 235 and have successfully sent workouts to my watch (i can't remember how I did it, though) and then when I tried to again from Garmin connect--where I hit "send to watch" it wouldn't. Is this user error? Have you guys run into the same thing?

I ran 5 with the dog. It was another good run. I feel like I should start incorporating some upper body strength training again. I used to lift like 3x/wk but have apparently gotten lazy....and have lost all (meager) muscle tone I previously had in my arms. Rage. It's just that after running, I can hardly motivate myself to do any mobility work or even stretch, let alone do another workout that will exhaust me. Sigh.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to mention that full power came in at 5:30am.  I know because it woke me up when they took the full power and when they fixed it.  Yay.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Those of you who have watched Deadpool2: So I talked to a friend who said Deadpool2 was super gory--truth? Like are we talking about Game of Thrones gory? Or Braveheart gory? Or not at all?

Garmin workouts...I have a 235 and have successfully sent workouts to my watch (i can't remember how I did it, though) and then when I tried to again from Garmin connect--where I hit "send to watch" it wouldn't. Is this user error? Have you guys run into the same thing?

I ran 5 with the dog. It was another good run. I feel like I should start incorporating some upper body strength training again. I used to lift like 3x/wk but have apparently gotten lazy....and have lost all (meager) muscle tone I previously had in my arms. Rage. It's just that after running, I can hardly motivate myself to do any mobility work or even stretch, let alone do another workout that will exhaust me. Sigh.

Deadpool 1 was gory, and Deadpool 2 is nothing but pure Deadpool.  But not sure what you define as gory, since I'm pretty used to gory like Tarantino gory, lol.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Deadpool 1 was gory, and Deadpool 2 is nothing but pure Deadpool.  But not sure what you define as gory, since I'm pretty used to gory like Tarantino gory, lol.

Okay this is a great answer! Tarantino is definitely gory, IMO

RunningOnSand

Forgot to mention that full power came in at 5:30am.  I know because it woke me up when they took the full power and when they fixed it.  Yay.

And also, yay for full power! I always wake up when it comes back on, too, b/c it's like it goes from dead silence to noise.

LRB

When sending a workout from GC on a computer to a watch, I don't think you ever get confirmation that it was successful. Once your watch syncs however, it's usually there.

I haven't seen part 2 but wouldn't say Deadpool was "gory" at all. I would say he just lacked manners, if there is such a thing for a "superhero".