Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When sending a workout from GC on a computer to a watch, I don't think you ever get confirmation that it was successful. Once your watch syncs however, it's usually there.

I haven't seen part 2 but wouldn't say Deadpool was "gory" at all. I would say he just lacked manners, if there is such a thing for a "superhero".

Well, the first scene of DP 2 talks about gory and whether it is really a family film, so even he talks about it.  But I don't consider Deadpool gory either.  He just kills a lot of people, ha.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basically what I still do for any shorter intervals I do at the track - I just use track markings. But longer intervals I do on the road make that more difficult to manage.

Ohhh, that could be helpful on the road for sure! If I ever get out of perpetual base building phase, I will definitely get to work on programming!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ohhh, that could be helpful on the road for sure! If I ever get out of perpetual base building phase, I will definitely get to work on programming!

What I found most useful was programming interval/repeat training.  It kept me from "cheating" on the rest periods and resting longer than the workout prescribes.  When the watch beeps, it's time to go - not when I take one more breath and set myself.  :-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

Well, the first scene of DP 2 talks about gory and whether it is really a family film, so even he talks about it.  But I don't consider Deadpool gory either.  He just kills a lot of people, ha.

I don't know, Gladiator was gory. 300 was gory. The disembowelment scene in Hannibal was fucking gory. I guess to the definition of the word, there is gore in any movie with bloodshed, I just have a different standard for what that is. To me, Deadpool is rude and obnoxious, but if they want to classify that as gore, have at it. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know, Gladiator was gory. 300 was gory. The disembowelment scene in Hannibal was fucking gory. I guess to the definition of the word, there is gore in any movie with bloodshed, I just have a different standard for what that is. To me, Deadpool is rude and obnoxious, but if they want to classify that as gore, have at it. 👍

I agree!

Damaris

onemile

DaveP I don't know how you managed to marathon train through all those international flights

onemile

Dave - Hope the hip starts feeling better Sad

I have 5 easy to do today. I have a ladder workout and I finally figured out how to use garmin connect to make a custom workout and send it to my watch. It's actually kind of nifty. Now not sure if I should do it on the closest track or just the flat 2.3 mile loop around the lake at my gym. The closest track that's open to the public is 35 minutes away, and then I would have to drive 20 minutes across town to the gym anyway to change and shower before work. Or I can just drive 20 minutes to the gym and do everything there, which is also only 5 minutes from work. And the lake loop at the gym is basically just as flat...

getting to a track is a PITA for me so I usually just run them on the flattest stretch of road I can find

KCRuns

Garmin workouts...I have a 235 and have successfully sent workouts to my watch (i can't remember how I did it, though) and then when I tried to again from Garmin connect--where I hit "send to watch" it wouldn't. Is this user error? Have you guys run into the same thing?

2 thoughts on this.

1. I think you can only have 10 workouts synced to your watch at a time, so maybe you need to delete something.

2. I find it easier to create the workout on the computer, then pull it up in the Garmin app on my phone and sync to my watch from there.  I've never had an issue getting it onto my watch that way.  You can also create workouts in the app, but on the computer is easier IMO.

Baboon

delicate flower

Garmin workouts...I have a 235 and have successfully sent workouts to my watch (i can't remember how I did it, though) and then when I tried to again from Garmin connect--where I hit "send to watch" it wouldn't. Is this user error? Have you guys run into the same thing?

I use this function for almost all of my interval workouts and I have noticed sending the workout from GC to the watch stopped working a while ago.  So, this works for me:

• Open Garmin Connect and go to your list of programmed workouts.  
                    • All the way to the right on the list of workouts, click the "Add to calendar" icon.
                    • When the calendar pops up, pick the day you're going to do the workout.
                    • Go to your Calendar on GC
                    • On the top right of the calendar where you see three little dots, click that and choose "Send Workouts to Device"

This should do it.  Looks like a lot of steps, but really all you need to do is put the workout on your calendar and then sync.  Once it syncs, it should appear on your watch under both the day's workouts, and the overall list of workouts.

<3

onemile

2. I find it easier to create the workout on the computer, then pull it up in the Garmin app on my phone and sync to my watch from there.  I've never had an issue getting it onto my watch that way.  You can also create workouts in the app, but on the computer is easier IMO.

This is how I do it

DavePNW

Deadpool violence seemed less impactful than some movies because it was so cartoonish. Scores of people getting shot, stabbed, and having limbs & heads lopped off. But not so much blood spewing, and not a lot of actual suffering shown.

Dave

DavePNW

1. I think you can only have 10 workouts synced to your watch at a time, so maybe you need to delete something.

This is true for the 220 anyway. It was really frustrating when I figured this out the hard way. It let me try to send to the watch, and would go through a whole routine where it looked like it was syncing, but the workout never showed up. Some kind of message like "sync unsuccessful", or better, "watch full" would have been nice.

Dave

DavePNW

Any thoughts on going to a sports medicine doc?

Thinking about it, but going to doctors is such a freaking hassle. Especially if the solution is PT - ain't nobody got time for that.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I use this function for almost all of my interval workouts and I have noticed sending the workout from GC to the watch stopped working a while ago.  So, this works for me:

• Open Garmin Connect and go to your list of programmed workouts.  
                              • All the way to the right on the list of workouts, click the "Add to calendar" icon.
                              • When the calendar pops up, pick the day you're going to do the workout.
                              • Go to your Calendar on GC
                              • On the top right of the calendar where you see three little dots, click that and choose "Send Workouts to Device"

This should do it.  Looks like a lot of steps, but really all you need to do is put the workout on your calendar and then sync.  Once it syncs, it should appear on your watch under both the day's workouts, and the overall list of workouts.

Perfect--thanks!

RunningOnSand

This is true for the 220 anyway. It was really frustrating when I figured this out the hard way. It let me try to send to the watch, and would go through a whole routine where it looked like it was syncing, but the workout never showed up. Some kind of message like "sync unsuccessful", or better, "watch full" would have been nice.

Yes.