Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thinking about it, but going to doctors is such a freaking hassle. Especially if the solution is PT - ain't nobody got time for that.

If you need PT, you need to make time for it.

Damaris

Garmin: I do it like KC because the computer is way easier to mess around with.  Although I have seen something cool that I just had to program right right that second, or I forgot to program something.  In those cases I've managed to build it on the phone app and send it to the watch.  If I want it to go from the computer to watch, I gotta plug the USB into the computer and attach the watch.  Or do the "now pull up the WO list on the phone app and sync" trick, which usually works.  Also, I've got 23 workouts in my watch right now (I just counted), so not all of them have a 10 WO limit.  I have the 230.

A whole lot happened up in here over the weekend, a fair amount of it made me laugh really hard.  Fred, awesome AG win and PR in your 10K!!!!!  Baboon, I told you you were going to win.  I'm not surprised, but congratulations nonetheless.  Also, cool pic.  Onemile, your pictures are stunning.  Docket, I want a RR!  Congrats on cranking out another one of these monsters!  And all you guys with your skinny jeans: Pics or it didn't happen.

I spent the weekend mostly trying not to do a stupid amount of eating.  My FIL is the sweetest, he and my MIL showed up for dinner early on Friday and I was wearing house cleaning clothes--which in this case was an old ass running singlet and shorts.  He asked if I've been working out a lot lately because I've got lots more definition in my upper body.  I'm like no man, you're literally the best human on the planet, because this is (apparently) very well disguised fat.   Which lead me to, OMG, I have got to stop this shit.  So, self control + 3 day holiday with a ridiculous amount of ice cream everywhere I turned = difficult.  In an attempt to burn as much as possible, I did run, but I could not deal with a no-music LR on Sunday.  I broke it into a double, which went pretty well.  Monday RD.  6.5 ez this morning.

Thinking about it, but going to doctors is such a freaking hassle. Especially if the solution is PT - ain't nobody got time for that.

So much this.  I would like a quick fix and I would like to not do a thousand stupid exercises every damn day of my life because running is the only exercise that I like thankyouverymuch.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Sometimes you have to go where they keep the X-ray and MRI things.  Dr Google doesn't offer that service.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

Sometimes you have to go where they keep the X-ray and MRI things.  Dr Google doesn't offer that service.

Yeah that's the problem. But then the X-ray & MRI things usually lead to PT. Or worse, surgery. Pls just put me in that tank where they inject adamantium into my bones, tyvm.

Dave

DavePNW

Garmin: I do it like KC because the computer is way easier to mess around with.  Although I have seen something cool that I just had to program right right that second, or I forgot to program something.  In those cases I've managed to build it on the phone app and send it to the watch.  If I want it to go from the computer to watch, I gotta plug the USB into the computer and attach the watch.  Or do the "now pull up the WO list on the phone app and sync" trick, which usually works.  Also, I've got 23 workouts in my watch right now (I just counted), so not all of them have a 10 WO limit.  I have the 230.

ice cream 

Full disclosure: I have never plugged my watch into the computer. All syncing has been via GC iPhone app.

Also full disclosure: ice cream is my biggest dessert weakness. It is really the perfect food.

Dave

delicate flower

Full disclosure: I have never plugged my watch into the computer. All syncing has been via GC iPhone app.

I have to plug my 920 into my computer to receive the device firmware updates.  Yours does this via bluetooth/wifi?

<3

DavePNW

I have to plug my 920 into my computer to receive the device firmware updates.  Yours does this via bluetooth/wifi?

I doubt it. What happens if I don't get those? My take on that stuff is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm still on iOS10. And I'm happy to keep my work computer on Windows 7. I'm a luddite, sue me.

Dave

onemile

DaveP, I have a better idea. Describe your symptoms in detail and we will diagnose you!  Free of charge!

delicate flower

I doubt it. What happens if I don't get those? My take on that stuff is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm still on iOS10. And I'm happy to keep my work computer on Windows 7. I'm a luddite, sue me.

Well for one thing your device won't break.  It's always fun when my device gets an update because I always wonder what'll now stop working.

<3

Cyberic

Mine does get all updates wirelessly. I don't know if it's bluetooth or wifi, as both are configured and enabled, but I suspect bluetooth.

MTA: Might be a recent firmware update, but today my watch got its first glitch. During my commute back, GPS stopped getting the signal. That lasted for about 1.5 miles, and it came back. Weird.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah that's the problem. But then the X-ray & MRI things usually lead to PT. Or worse, surgery. Pls just put me in that tank where they inject adamantium into my bones, tyvm.

Denial is a river in Egypt, you know...

Damaris

DavePNW

Well for one thing your device won't break.  It's always fun when my device gets an update because I always wonder what'll now stop working.

Yeah this is sort of my point.

Dave

Also full disclosure: ice cream is my biggest dessert weakness. It is really the perfect food.

Every single thing I went to had an ice cream "bar" after whatever event, then there was an actual ice cream party.  Literally nothing going on at all except for eating ice cream with a crap ton of rando toppings out back of our friends' house.  Although at a couple of these shindigs, there was also cheesecake, so I had to stay strong on two fronts.

My system with the ice cream party was to wear a white jacket.  Forced me to stay far, far away from anything chocolaty if I want it to stay that way, which I did, so I did.  It was not a perfect weekend, but it could have gone a lot worse.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles in the rain. All suspects caught, so back to business as normal. Kind of surprised, I only ran by 1 TV crew when I was near the crime scene. Drivers were unusually polite--I actually had people stopping at stop walks.

Runshortii, I do most of my intervals on the road. I have a route that is not flat, but flatter than most around here. Plus there are only 2 traffic lights. I do have 2 public high school tracks within about 3 miles, sometimes I do that if I want a longer workout. The HS that is slightly closer has about a 7/10 mile hill leaving, which sucks after a tough workout.