Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

DaveP, I have a better idea. Describe your symptoms in detail and we will diagnose you!  Free of charge!

Isn't this the usual process?

I have a pain at the front of my right hip, and in my right upper thigh/groin area. They might be part of the same thing, or they might be unrelated. It hurts when I walk. Or, roll over in bed. It's OK when sitting down, or riding a stationary bike. It is typically worst just getting up in the morning, and after sitting down for a long time.

Go.

Note, "Diagnosis: Old" is not an acceptable response. Even if true.

Dave

onemile

I have a pain at the front of my right hip, and in my right upper thigh/groin area. They might be part of the same thing, or they might be unrelated. It hurts when I walk. Or, roll over in bed. It's OK when sitting down, or riding a stationary bike. It is typically worst just getting up in the morning, and after sitting down for a long time.

Go.

If you stand and look in the mirror, do your shoulders look even?

KCRuns

I have to plug my 920 into my computer to receive the device firmware updates.  Yours does this via bluetooth/wifi?

I’ve never plugged in my watch to my computer. When there’s an update it tells me when I select an activity that an update is available. I install, watch restarts and off I go. I haven’t had any glitches. I have the 630. I don’t have WiFi turned on, only Bluetooth.

DavePNW

Hmm! I'll have to check when I get home. In that case, I assume - "Diagnosis: Lopsided".

Dave

LRB

Hmm! I'll have to check when I get home. In that case, I assume - "Diagnosis: Lopsided".

When your hip(s) is out of alignment, they are crooked when you lie on your back. A trained eye can see it instantly. My doc once called me a crumpled up piece of paper mine were so bad. Eventually, assuming tha's what it is, you learn how to readjust them yourself.

Cyberic

Go.

Start running barefoot. It fixes everything.

The symptoms you have sound a lot like the ones I get. Of  course the issue could be totally different. But is seems like since I started lowering the drop in my shoes (not kidding this time) those issues went away. It could be coincidence. But my own personal trusted trial and error method has led me to not want to run in 12mm drop shoes anymore. 10mm is now as high as I go to give my calves a break, but 5-8mm drop is gentler on my adductor/groin/front top of thigh area.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When your hip(s) is out of alignment, they are crooked when you lie on your back. A trained eye can see it instantly. My doc once called me a crumpled up piece of paper mine were so bad. Eventually, assuming tha's what it is, you learn how to readjust them yourself.

^ This.

Damaris

Coastal

DaveP:  The pain, can you tell if it is muscular, tendons, or in the joint?  What happens when you try to stretch your psoas and quads?You have probably already looked at a dozen sites like this one, but I kind of like the symptom checker.  http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/symptom-checker/thigh-pain-symptoms

Got in 6.97 (really) on the road.  Beautiful weather.  Felt like crap running because I slept like crap.  Actually, I slept fine once I got to sleep but I woke up at 3:30.  overall it was a decent run as my paces were usually faster than they felt, which isn't really saying a lot.

sdWhiskers

Go.

I'm going with sports hernia. Don't go to a chiropractor for that.

DavePNW

As far as I can tell.

Dave

DavePNW

Based on the orthopedic team of Dr. Google and Dr. B&B, I'm settling on two diagnoses.

This seems like a likely explanation for the groin portion. It feels like it's in the muscle. I've had strains in the lower ab/groin area a few times before; it didn't usually stop me from running, but it is annoying AF for a long time.

The hip portion seems more in the joint or tendon; I'm going with rectus femoris tendonitis.

There. Now I can proceed with the targeted treatment plan of what I do for every injury: (1) rest it for a while till hopefully it goes away on its own, and/or (2) run through it in pain.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What I find interesting is that resting it has not provided any improvements for you.  I thought you mentioned it was still bothering you.  Does it at least feel better?

Damaris

onemile

Physical Tests

To help determine whether you have a sports hernia, your doctor will likely ask you to do a sit-up or flex your trunk against resistance. If you have a sports hernia, these tests will be painful.

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

What I find interesting is that resting it has not provided any improvements for you.  I thought you mentioned it was still bothering you.  Does it at least feel better?

Not appreciably. Maybe means I should see someone. Or maybe means it will just take a long time, as these things sometimes do.

Dave