Beginners and Beyond

3 races, 4 days, one RR (and a Baboon in an orange vest) (Read 131 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Nice racing! Quite a variety of challenging conditions, you have no fear. But why should a bear be afraid of anything? An orange-vested Baboon on the other hand...I think a remember a National Geographic special about that one, quite a few natural predators (orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists).

Hey I saw that special too!!

MrNamtor

Congrats on those races, Oski! I agree with LRB that you're setting yourself up for a great fall season.

The pic of the other racer right next to you is inexplicable. But at least you look very strong and unfazed by her stupidity/obnoxiousness.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That was some awesome volunteering by the man in orange.

Oh, wait, you ran some races?

I've been following your trail series in the dailies, since we're kinda doing the same thing.  I'm sure by the end you'll be tackling the heck out of that last hill.  It is scary to just let go on the downs...and there's some technique involved too. It's fun to just watch the better runners do it to try and learn some of the tricks.

The mile race seemed great.  Every time I read one of those RRs it makes me want to try and mile.  Great job pushing it at the end.

Awesome work in the 5k too.  For not feeling it, you ran a strong time, and I'm sure that you'll PR in the fall.  Sorry about mile 3 - that'll happen sometimes.  The girl in the end looks like she should have been smacked.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Thanks LL and Nam!  Yeah, throwing elbows in a charity event.  WTH.  lol

It is scary to just let go on the downs...and there's some technique involved too. It's fun to just watch the better runners do it to try and learn some of the tricks.

It is scary - especially since I was following someone down last week who broke her ankle.   I gotta say,  I was uber-tentative after that!   On the first loop, I pass a lot of folks on the uphill (you know, before my legs get tired lol) but they all whizz by me on the downhills!

delicate flower

Rubbin' is racin'?

Nice job on the racing, Oski!

The orange vest makes me look fat.

<3

Hip Redux

Rubbin' is racin'?

Nice job on the racing, Oski!

The orange vest makes me look fat.

Next time we'll make sure you get the slim fit orange vest.

happylily

Tough conditions, great finish time and ranking! Congratulations!!! You do look strong, great pic!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Congrats on running strong in all 3 races!  Can't wait to see what you can do in a flat, non-humid fall race!