Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are open for business (Read 40 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hope your friend Ed gets to feeling better soon Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Scotty -- sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to your friend Ed.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Sending prayers for Ed!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2. All I had time for. Hip motion is really good now. Just a few pesky muscles that are resisting. Hurts like hell and I swear something is going to tear apart While he is pulling and stretching it. But, our bodies are built to withstand a lot.

Hour Pilates too

Marjorie

LRB

Good luck Ed!

I am home and no I am not drinking tonight....unless you twist my arm. 

I just saw some of my photos from the official race photographer (there were two) from my event and my gawd in a couple of them my muscles look good enough to eat!

They start at $15 per photo though, not sure I am feeling that.  It's crazy how much they charge for them stupid things.  I mean, vanity is my favorite sin but not a 15 damn dollar sin! 

DavePNW

I just saw some of my photos from the official race photographer (there were two) from my event and my gawd in a couple of them my muscles look good enough to eat!

They start at $15 per photo though, not sure I am feeling that.  It's crazy how much they charge for them stupid things.  I mean, vanity is my favorite sin but not a 15 damn dollar sin! 

If you buy one you need to make it the forum home page photo.

Dave

scottydawg, a speedy an complete recovery to Ed.

Marjorie, fantastic 4.2+Pilates.

Rick, $15 PER?!?

During my break, I did two repeats of a hill two blocks from work. The incline feels about 5%. It only goes up about .11 miles. Going to the hill from work, going up and down twice, and returning to work totaled .51 mile in 5:09. 10:06 pace. I need to find a bigger hill. I'm on my way to the gym to do weights, push-ups, and ab work.

LRB

If you buy one you need to make it the forum home page photo.

Hilarious!

Unfortunately it is unlikely I will be spending that kind of money out of principle.  That shit don't make no damn sense (pardon the double negative).

StepbyStep-SH

Hilarious!

Unfortunately it is unlikely I will be spending that kind of money out of principle.  That shit don't make no damn sense (pardon the double negative).

I have always thought they would make more money by selling a low-resolution (ok for web, but not for printing) version for $5 - I might spend that to have one for my FB page, etc. Or even $10 for a better digital version, but when a 4x6 print costs $12-20, I just can't justify it. I've run a couple dozen races that had official photographers, but I have yet to purchase a single photo.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Couldn't drag my butt out of bed this morning, so ran when I got home from work, it's so nice out!  9.4 miles @ 7:57/mile average, great run!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sweet run LRB

Re the antler helmet!

Need a collection of those and start 5k!  that would be funny as hell.  Though damn my neck would be dead tired after a mile or so!

Digi photos:

I don't mind the cost in general. They need to make some cash too. However, I did actually buy one in my career so far of my DD and what did rile my feathers was the quality:

"Hi-Rez"  $12 = 466kb      !   High resolution my ass!

Dude was using a Canon 5D, over 3 grand for the body alone and my damn iPhone has taken clearer pics...

LRB

They need to make some cash too.

I have actually purchased them many times but those are usually in the $6 to $9 range.  I guess like Shari that is just my built in limit so to speak.

Speaking of limit, I have been waiting to speak with someone at the IRS for 41 minutes and counting!

outoftheblue

I always wondered at why the prices are so steep for race pictures.  I would think they would make it up in volume if they charged less.  I guess they are banking on the bucket lister types being willing to pay anything for photographic proof of the big day.  A lot of medium size races in my area are starting to simply build in the photographer fee into the race dues and provide free pictures a few days later.  I kind of enjoy that approach.

Life is good.

LRB

I guess they are banking on the bucket lister types being willing to pay anything for photographic proof of the big day. 

That is an interesting supposition, I like it!

happylily

I always set aside a minimum of $15 for pictures. If it's one picture for $15 and I like the picture, then I buy it. If they are $8.99 each, then maybe I'll buy 2. The best pics for me are the ones at smaller races, where they can really focus on the runner. In larger races, I end up being lost in a sea of giants around me...

12 miles with 6x1000m @ a dismal 5k pace (here I go, whining again...lol). Overall pace was 7:55. I had to run later than usual, because my sister called and yak, yak, yak... you know... I talk a lot. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010