Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies that feel like Monday - 5/30 (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 in thick fog, and not just in my head.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Tuesday Monday!  I was going to do my bike workout before work but then I went back to bed instead after feeding the dog.  I regret nothing.  Will spin tonight.

I'm feeling the taper, man.  I feel sore, tired, and worn down...so many little aches and pains.  I slept a lot this weekend and it only seems to have made things worse.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I took the morning off to sleep in and between the cats and me, I woke up at 5:45am and later 8:30am, grrrr.  I have Pilates for sure and 4 miles maybe.  I have a sore throat that I hope it's from allergies and not me getting sick.

Damaris

LRB

My ankle is being a flake so I took a rest day. Hopefully I can/will get back at it tomorrow.

7 w/2 MP.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Flippity Freaking Fuck man! Warning: this is a whining post.

So yesterday morning, or this week I made the plan to start focusing a bit more on my legs/glutes  because it's obvious that they are weak and need to be strengthened. The plan was every other day.... but with the way things feel it might be twice a week.

Yesterday morning was Shoulder/Delts mixed with Legs and I focused pretty damn good on the legs and put more into them than I have since...... hmmm.... I don't think I even felt this sore and achy after last year's two trail marathons... maybe my first marathon up in Indy back in 2014(?).

Here is a pic of my workout:

No automatic alt text available.

You probably can't read it, but I was going to do the squats at home with my 30 lb bar but since the gym was really empty I decided to do them there, but they only had 18 lb bars (those black bars....not barbell bars). So in order of which leg thing I did:

Glute Blaster: 50x12 / 35x18 / 50x12 / 40x18 / 60x12 / 6012

Squats: 4 sets of 20 reps with the 18 lb bar

Leg Extension: 30x12 / 35x18 / 45x10 / 35x18 / 45x10 / 35x18 / 45x10

Prone Leg Curl: 35x18 / 45x10 / 35x18 / 45x10 / 35x18 / 45x10

Reverse Lunges: 3 sets of 12 / 12 reps with 10 lb dumbbells

Side Lunges: 4 sets of 12 reps

In other words, I freaking hurt. Yesterday my left knee bugged me throughout the morning and afternoon but by evening/night the knee stopped and I began to feel it ALL in my quads and hammies.

Today, I didn't go to the gym because I got out of bed and could barely walk because my quads and hammies and my butt. Hell I can barely sit down without feeling it as  soon as my knees begin to bend, everything below the waist aches.

Strangely enough, I like it..... as long as it is a good thing and not a bad thing.

Who knows, I might go for an walk this evening or an easy run... see how things are feeling.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I'm feeling the taper, man.  I feel sore, tired, and worn down...so many little aches and pains.  I slept a lot this weekend and it only seems to have made things worse.  

Maybe don't try to run all your runs so fast this week, so you can, you know, actually rest...

LRB

In other words, I freaking hurt.

What would you expect after doing THIRTY SETS??

Typically, you pick three or four exercises and do three to five sets of each for something in the ballpark of 12 - 16 sets. You basically doubled that, so yeah, no walkie for you. lol

delicate flower

Maybe don't try to run all your runs so fast this week, so you can, you know, actually rest...

YEAH  MAYBE.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently I need to ask this here:

Sooo... what's the thread-adding protocol for races that fall under the "I have every intention and hope of doing this but I am so damn sick and tired of paying for DNS after DNS that I haven't actually registered yet" category?  (To the June 2017 races thread.)

And yes, I do know I can run a race without adding it to the thread.  But that has worked out SO WELL for me, hasn't it?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Sooo... what's the thread-adding protocol for races that fall under the "I have every intention and hope of doing this but I am so damn sick and tired of paying for DNS after DNS that I haven't actually registered yet" category?  (To the June 2017 races thread.)

And yes, I do know I can run a race without adding it to the thread.  But that has worked out SO WELL for me, hasn't it?

I guess I don't understand the need to post races in the race thread, especially when you don't post here regularly 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What would you expect after doing THIRTY SETS??

Typically, you pick three or four exercises and do three to five sets of each for something in the ballpark of 12 - 16 sets. You basically doubled that, so yeah, no walkie for you. lol

Lol, see I'm an idiot. When I hit the gym, I go hard and hard as I can without it showing on my face (call it pride, I don't know). Which is why I've avoiding strength training for my legs since I began running mileage over 30 mpw, or training for half marathons. I knew that it would be tough as fuck... but damn it, I want to see better quad definition and hamstring definition and I've gotten close to good quad definition back when I was running like 40+ mpw but I have never had good hamstring definition and I want it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I guess I don't understand the need to post races in the race thread, especially when you don't post here regularly 

I did until I broke.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ah ha! You fell into our little trap.

The answer to your question: post if you want to, don't post if you don't want to. You're welcome.

Sometimes I do race-day registration, usually if I don't decide till after online registration closes. Or sometimes just because.

Dave

delicate flower

Hi bluerun!  It has been my practice to post in the race thread if I am planning on doing the race.  I bailed on two of those this year because of weather.  One was paid for and one was not.

<3