Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies Suck (Read 52 times)

onemile

So I am in NY for a work conference. Mr. Onemile is in Seattle for a work conference. I took the dogs to boarding Tues night. And then got a call yesterday that another dog attacked Gracie and she got a bite wound on her belly and also tore her ACL. And after a regular vet treated the wound, it started bleeding again later in the day and she was taken to the emergency vet. I called to check on her and she is on iv fluids and antibiotics and stable but I'm thinking maybe I should just go home and skip the marathon. Sad

5 miles this morning in Central Park

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have10 with 3 @ MP soon and Pilates later.

Oh, no, onemile!  Maybe you can fly back today to see her and then decide whether to go or not.

Damaris

Cyberic

So I am in NY for a work conference. Mr. Onemile is in Seattle for a work conference. I took the dogs to boarding Tues night. And then got a call yesterday that another dog attacked Gracie and she got a bite wound on her belly and also tore her ACL. And after a regular vet treated the wound, it started bleeding again later in the day and she was taken to the emergency vet. I called to check on her and she is on iv fluids and antibiotics and stable but I'm thinking maybe I should just go home and skip the marathon. Sad

Shit. Tough one.

Baboon

delicate flower

Poor Gracie!  That is an awful situation to be in, and there is no right or wrong way to approach this.  If I flew home, the dog would probably have to stay at the vet anyway, so there wouldn't be much I can do to help other than just being there.   Sorry you're going through this, onemile.  Sad

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

I swam 2400 yards before work.  Masters group swim, but I was the only one who showed so it was a masters solo swim.  Seems to be the norm lately on Thursdays.  I've got a run tonight.

<3

onemile

Morning. I have10 with 3 @ MP soon and Pilates later.

Oh, no, onemile!  Maybe you can fly back today to see her and then decide whether to go or not.

No, I'm going to go get her and then take her right back to the kennel

oldfartrunner

Poor Gracie!  That is an awful situation to be in, and there is no right or wrong way to approach this.  If I flew home, the dog would probably have to stay at the vet anyway, so there wouldn't be much I can do to help other than just being there.   Sorry you're going through this, onemile.  Sad

Yeah this. Sad  Sorry onemile.

onemile

Yeah and if I bring her home and need to bring her back in I'm not sure if I could lift her myself if I needed to

Half Crazy K 2.0

Poor Gracie. That's awful.

LRB

Maybe a friend or relative can stop by and assess the situation, and get some information about the jackal from hell that attacked her, and its owners.

Sorry onemile. I hope she's ok.

Easy 5er...Let the taper crazies begin!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

DavePNW

Oh jeez onemile. What an awful situation. I really hope everything works out.

My suck is is not quite so bad, however I did decide it's been a while since I tripped on broken sidewalk and did a face plant on the pavement. So I did that, approximately 0.1 miles into my run. Scraped up my knees & palms pretty good. Hopefully only superficial damage. Cleaned out the bandage supply in the first aid kit at the gym.

Oh yeah, I finished my run. And was thinking about onemile, because I did her 3 x (600-500-400-300-200m) workout. It was an abysmal failure. I was basically doing the reps at tempo. Blerg. 10 miles total.

Dave

Cyberic

My suck is is not quite so bad, however I did decide it's been a while since I tripped on broken sidewalk and did a face plant on the pavement. So I did that, approximately 0.1 miles into my run. Scraped up my knees & palms pretty good. Hopefully only superficial damage. Cleaned out the bandage supply in the first aid kit at the gym.

Damn. At least this time you did it after your big race, and the knees seem to be good.

LRB

My suck was a 6 mile run in a downpour. I actually laughed out loud after a mile of that nonsense for being an idiot. At the 3 mile mark, I was freezing because my top, gloves, shorts, shoes and socks were thoroughly drenched. I should've taken it to the belt but whatever, I got it done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Dave.

Damaris