Beginners and Beyond

Deer Flies SundayDailies (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

Epic, colossal fail. 3:31:17 with an 11 minute positive split. Just a rough day. The tracker says I hit the half at 1:34 which is wrong, I was right around 1:40, on pace. Bad stuff happened after that. Still a BQ though! And I think I won my AG but not confirmed.

Oof! I feel you for the positive split, but yeah, still a BQ baby! Big congrats even if it didn't go like you planned.

onemile

Epic, colossal fail. 3:31:17 with an 11 minute positive split. Just a rough day. The tracker says I hit the half at 1:34 which is wrong, I was right around 1:40, on pace. Bad stuff happened after that. Still a BQ though! And I think I won my AG but not confirmed.

oof. Nice job on the BQ&Win though.  Did you feel rough from the start or did it hit you in the second half?  How did you find the hills affected you?

delicate flower

Two very good accomplishments for a tough day at the office.  Congratulations, Dave!

<3

delicate flower

I thought he said there was none? Keep up trying!

The results page still is not updated.  Dave does this on purpose.

<3

oof. Nice job on the BQ&Win though.  Did you feel rough from the start or did it hit you in the second half?  How did you find the hills affected you?

I needed 7:38 and planned on targeting 7:35. But from early on, it seemed like too much effort to keep it under 7:40. I kind of had an idea it might be a rough day. I was able to hold it till 17-18, but clearly at a very heavy price. Even after 13 of these things, it’s hard for me to judge what the right pace is during the race. A tuneup half would have been helpful as a fitness gauge...of course I signed up for one and they cancelled it.  

The hills were tough. A few really steep ones, very short, but they take a lot out of you. I can’t blame them for what happened though.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, nice job on the BQ & win.

GinnyinPA

Dave - congratulations on the AG win and BQ, even though you didn't make the time you hoped. On a flatter course, you might have done better. Starting out feeling the pace is usually a pretty good indication that the day isn't going to go as you hoped. On the best races, those first miles feel too easy, not like you're working. But hope springs eternal, so it's easy to hope you can hold on long enough to make it work.

I ran 7 on the TM. 38 for the week.

Race pic! How happy do I look here?

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Depends: what does your happy face look like?

Seriously, though, congratulations on your BQ and AG win!  It can stink when a marathon doesn't go as hoped, but yours was still an job well done.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Very happy!

LRB

Your race pics are always golden.

delicate flower

Very color coordinated!

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Oof! I feel you for the positive split, but yeah, still a BQ baby! Big congrats even if it didn't go like you planned.

+26.2