Beginners and Beyond

Where Are the THURSDAILIES? (Read 46 times)

LRB

Except you're assuming my feet are exactly the same size.  They're not.

It's just weird that going up half a size would make the shoe so much wider!!  If I could have the toe box of the bigger one and the midfoot of the smaller one, I'd be golden.  (I don't actually think the smaller one is TOO small.  It's just nicer to have all that extra space.)

There was actually a major change in the Super J 33 back in 2014. The first pair I ordered in January had a roomy toe box, almost too much and was the source of many comments in the shoe's review. But I adapted to them and ran well. Well, the second pair I got that fall were completely different, the toe box had been trimmed down and the shoes were too tight! Although I kept them, I never did get used to them.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with anything. I was going somewhere with that but now I'm not even sure why I brought it up. lol

bluerun

Super B****

There was actually a major change in the Super J 33 back in 2014. The first pair I ordered in January had a roomy toe box, almost too much and was the source of many comments in the shoe's review. But I adapted to them and ran well. Well, the second pair I got that fall were completely different, the toe box had been trimmed down and the shoes were too tight! Although I kept them, I never did get used to them.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with anything. I was going somewhere with that but now I'm not even sure why I brought it up. lol

Empathy?  

The toe box itself actually has enough room -- I have at least a thumb's width between the tip of my big toe and the front of the shoe.  I'm not sure why I think it feels off... that happened with the Launch 2, I had to go up half a size because my toe was hitting a seam and it FELT too small even though it wasn't.  But there is no seam here, so I have no idea what's up with that. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

I AM LOVING IT.  (Minus the rain/humidity/barometric variation.)

+1 to all.

LRB

'Morning!  Interesting morning so far.  Try to keep up:

I got a five mile run done early.  Finished the run at 6:00 and got an emergency broadcast text from work saying power is out and employees do not have to report to work.  Being the payroll manager, that doesn't apply to me.  We work.  I have to figure out how to get my staff to work through having no power on pay day on Christmas Eve.  So I've got four powered up laptops, a wifi connection, and cell phones.  I sent all the paychecks to another building for pickup.  I get to work to find our department has power (only one in the building) and we can print emergency checks.  So, the few people that are in the building are now piled into my department using our power.  Heh.

People still get checks? Interesting, I haven't gotten a check in forever. My company has been strictly electronic for the past dozen years or so, and the job I had before that offered direct deposit as an option and I was all about it.

DavePNW

Except you're assuming my feet are exactly the same size.  They're not.

It's just weird that going up half a size would make the shoe so much wider!!  If I could have the toe box of the bigger one and the midfoot of the smaller one, I'd be golden.  (I don't actually think the smaller one is TOO small.  It's just nicer to have all that extra space.)

Another possibly unrelated anecdote. On one of the Adrenaline releases, the LRS told me a lot of people found the need to go up a size. They encouraged me to try the next size up. And told me to go for a test run & try a downhill - good way to make sure your toes don't hit the front. The bigger size was definitely better in that regard, but kind of sloppy fitting in the heel. So they showed me a lacing technique to use the last set of eyelets & lock in the heel better. Which worked like a charm. So anyway maybe you can get the bigger ones & get a tighter midfoot fit with some creative lacing. IDK.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 10.1 miles of progression this morning, down to the last mile slightly faster than MP.  It was 60F, and I got to skip wearing a shirt.  I loved it.

We do our Christmas eats and treats today, so it's about time to get opening and cooking.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Another possibly unrelated anecdote. On one of the Adrenaline releases, the LRS told me a lot of people found the need to go up a size. They encouraged me to try the next size up. And told me to go for a test run & try a downhill - good way to make sure your toes don't hit the front. The bigger size was definitely better in that regard, but kind of sloppy fitting in the heel. So they showed me a lacing technique to use the last set of eyelets & lock in the heel better. Which worked like a charm. So anyway maybe you can get the bigger ones & get a tighter midfoot fit with some creative lacing. IDK.

I did try that -- well, I HAD to change the lacing because it was way too big otherwise.  And this is the PureFlow, so it has that nav band.  I feel like I over-compensated and tied it too tight, but it felt sloppy otherwise (in the midfoot, the heel feels the same in both of them).  Eh.  Maybe I should try them outside so that I can run downhill!!  I was trying to keep them both looking unused but...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

People still get checks? Interesting, I haven't gotten a check in forever. My company has been strictly electronic for the past dozen years or so, and the job I had before that offered direct deposit as an option and I was all about it.

About 20% of our 12000 employees have checks.  Most employees have direct deposit, and most of those people don't get a paper pay stub (you can elect to get that if you want).  We cut a lot of physical checks though on Thursday and Friday of pay week for various reasons (missing pay, bonuses, late adjustments, etc).

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

About 20% of our 12000 employees have checks.  Most employees have direct deposit, and most of those people don't get a paper pay stub (you can elect to get that if you want).  We cut a lot of physical checks though on Thursday and Friday of pay week for various reasons (missing pay, bonuses, late adjustments, etc).

The federal government does not use checks anymore, so if someone wants to get paid by check, they just work for free cause that ain't happening, ha.

Damaris

LRB

Makes sense.

We recently switched to a different payroll system and now get a non negotiable paper check with our pay statement. It's one extra item we didn't get before and is annoying to have to shred it. Otherwise, our payroll department rocks because well, without them we don't get paid. So here's to you, Phil (and those of your ilk), for all that you do!

cjones1

In our plant, the union employees are notoriously anti direct deposit.  They go through all sorts of ridiculousness to pick up their paper checks.  Makes no sense to me.

Anyhoo, 10 miles this morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

Quick drop by, Internet problems. 9 in shorts and t-shirt.

happylily

Merry Christmas to all my RA friends! (we start celebrating on the 24th here) I wish you all health, happiness and PRs galore!

I have been MIA, devoting all my time to learning the ropes on Facebook. It takes me a long time, because my brain is old and as slow as my legs have become. But I will be back here eventually. Stay strong and happy, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Anyhoo, 10 miles this morning.

+1, mine in a 36 degree drizzle, and bringing me to 2500 for the year.

Dave

LRB

In our plant, the union employees are notoriously anti direct deposit.  They go through all sorts of ridiculousness to pick up their paper checks.  Makes no sense to me.

Hilarious! I was of that mindset back in my rebellious, non-trusting of government/financial institution days of youth. Then I came to realize that the world doesn't revolve around trying to do harm to me (I got over myself), and life has been much simpler since. lol