Beginners and Beyond

Where Are the THURSDAILIES? (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

Merry Christmas to all my RA friends! (we start celebrating on the 24th here) I wish you all health, happiness and PRs galore!

I have been MIA, devoting all my time to learning the ropes on Facebook. It takes me a long time, because my brain is old and as slow as my legs have become. But I will be back here eventually. Stay strong and happy, everyone!

Hi Lily! Facebook is the portal you needed to conquer the world!!!

Cyberic

Since Hansons had this Thursday as an easy run, I thought I would do my normal off-training Thursday Threshold/Tempo work, but make it more fun by doing it on the mountain. Didn’t really have a pace objective, just gave it a Tempo-ish effort. Ran easy to the mountain (1.5 miles) and picked it up as I hit the slope. Ended up with a 7:23 avg for the 9.5ish miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily!!!!

Damaris

Ric-G

nice job with the power fiasco phil...and some union people, student workers, on-call people still get actual checks where I'm at...

6 miles this morning...noticed a guy one street over shoveling small landscape rocks into a wheelbarrow from a huge pile left by the curb. after my run i went over with a shovel and a proceeded to work with him and shoveled away. turns out he is doing a drought free landscape job himself and is getting rocks, etc. delivered. -  then the work starts. cool guy actually who is a former runner and tri-guy. anyway i'm off to buy some pies for xmas eve dinner with family later...wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!

marathon pr - 3:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In our plant, the union employees are notoriously anti direct deposit.  They go through all sorts of ridiculousness to pick up their paper checks.  Makes no sense to me.

Anyhoo, 10 miles this morning.

They may also be anti-bank and not have accounts where their checks can be deposited. When I used to do income tax preparation, many of my clients insisted on checks being mailed rather than direct deposit because of that. Many also didn't have enough ready cash to keep in a bank account without incurring monthly fees.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

The bigger size was definitely better in that regard, but kind of sloppy fitting in the heel. So they showed me a lacing technique to use the last set of eyelets & lock in the heel better. 

I've gone to this lacing too to try to keep my foot from sliding forward in my shoe and maybe preserve the toenails on my longer second toes.  Plus I do have narrow heels, that's always an issue for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10.1 miles this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

nice job with the power fiasco phil...and some union people, student workers, on-call people still get actual checks where I'm at...

6 miles this morning...noticed a guy one street over shoveling small landscape rocks into a wheelbarrow from a huge pile left by the curb. after my run i went over with a shovel and a proceeded to work with him and shoveled away. turns out he is doing a drought free landscape job himself and is getting rocks, etc. delivered. -  then the work starts. cool guy actually who is a former runner and tri-guy. anyway i'm off to buy some pies for xmas eve dinner with family later...wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!

Shoveling dirt is hard work, shoveling rocks is cruel and unusual punishment. lol

Nice of you to help out!

LRB

I have been MIA, devoting all my time to learning the ropes on Facebook.

That never ends well, good luck! lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lily!!!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Lily!!!!

+1

Run #2 on the day is complete.  I ran a hill route.  7 miles at 7:26 pace.  On hills.  Hot damn.  The effort was on the harder end of moderate.  68 degrees, which is a record high.

<3

LRB

+1

Run #2 on the day is complete.  I ran a hill route.  7 miles at 7:26 pace.  On hills.  Hot damn.  The effort was on the harder end of moderate.  68 degrees, which is a record high.

7:26 is the new 7:30? Shit pretty soon you'll be running easy in the sub-7:00's!

Baboon

delicate flower

7:26 is the new 7:30? Shit pretty soon you'll be running easy in the sub-7:00's!

7:30 on flat is pretty easy now, but flat is boring.  My February and March HM's are hilly so I'm trying do these hill routes as often as possible.  Sometimes though flat feels good on the legs.

<3

Cyberic

Sometimes though flat feels good on the legs.

Yep. It does. I'm not 7:30 easy yet, but I am running more effectively lately. The speed work and the hills made my stride stronger I think.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

10 with 6 @ 9:14 on the TM done after Pilates. DSU, ESU, DSU, DSU.

Damaris