Beginners and Beyond

Um, TuesDAILIES...Yeah! That's the Ticket! (Read 43 times)

LRB

Hi.

I am heading out for a short jog then it's back to work where I will be at the root of all laughter and shenanigans.

LRB

What's up with you today?

happylily

They should pay you extra for being the life of the party, LRB.  Have a good run!

My right knee is having a hard time healing. It wants to scab, but can't, because it's a joint. It stings like hell all the time. No running again today, but I will do 45 minutes of light lifting and some push-ups and sit-ups.

Have a nice day, everyone!

EDIT: What's Jon Lovitz doing these days?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

EDIT: What's Jon Lovitz doing these days?

Not much.

Today, me neither. SRD. And later, sit on my butt on a plane for 5 hours.

Dave

happylily

Not much.

Today, me neither. SRD. And later, sit on my butt on a plane for 5 hours.

Dave, you must have a lot of frequent-flyer's points. Have a good flight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not running today, but not sure I can call walking around Hershey Park for a few hours a rest day. Hopefully DH and I will avoid the weekend crowds and will have fairly short wait times for all the roller coasters.

Good morning.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great run.

Lily, have fun strength training. I hope that your knee decides to behave soon.

DaveP MI, safe travels.

HCK2.0, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. Have fun at the amusement park.

I had a URD on Friday, then three SRDs on Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday. This morning, before work, I hit the gym, where I did 11.1 miles on the TM in 1:40:03. 9:01 pace. After work, I'll do weights.

delicate flower

Happy Mond...errr...Tuesday!  Dragged my fat ass out of bed at 5:00 this morning for a treadmill speed workout.  60 minute progression run.  8.76 miles.  I really didn't feel like doing that when the alarm went off, but I had a good run.  I felt really strong.  Finishing wasn't as hard as it has been in the past, so I think I'll need to bump up the speed next time.

Hopefully DH and I will avoid the weekend crowds and will have fairly short wait times for all the roller coasters.

I've been to Universal Studios a couple of times when there were no crowds.  I dunno...I think I prefer some crowds.  Going from one coaster to the next without a break in between leaves me feeling .   A good 30-45 minute wait before each one is just the buffer I need.  Anywho, have fun today!!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've been to Universal Studios a couple of times when there were no crowds.  I dunno...I think I prefer some crowds.  Going from one coaster to the next without a break in between leaves me feeling .   A good 30-45 minute wait before each one is just the buffer I need.  Anywho, have fun today!!

30-45 minutes for the newer stuff would be ok. We don't do the 2 hour waits. Last time we were there, the newest roller coaster had a 2+ hour wait, we skipped it. The older stuff (which includes the original roller coasters that my dad took me on as soon as I was tall enough) had no wait at all. They opened a new indoor, glow in the dark, spinning roller coaster this weekend.  I don't do spinning stuff, so hopefully the lines are there.

StepbyStep-SH

Heading to the Y for a swim over my lunch break - probably 1200-1600m. Scratch that. Just too much work to get done.

And I'm a little scared about doing our martial arts class tonight, because I'm afraid that is what caused last week's two days of knee pain. I might sit it out, but I'll feel like a wimp if I do.

And struggling to figure out what day of the week this is. Ugh.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have either 4 or 6.  I have not decided which of the two workouts I'll do.  If 6, it will be with 2 at MP.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear you are still dealing with that nasty scabby business Lily Sad

For whatever reason I didn't hear my alarm go off at 3:10 this morning, or even 4 AM.... I instead woke up at 5:06 AM and realized it was daylight out and I would have to choose between running and the gym. Well, I don't like getting to the gym after 5 because it gets busy around that time and I hate that... and the weather wasn't all that bad - 70 degrees, 83% humidity, (no idea what the the Dew Point was), cloudy and windy.

So Rocky and I got 4.5 miles in, saw an elderly woman sleeping in her car and what appeared to be a 4-7 year old child in the backseat sleeping  so I knocked on the window and asked her if she was okay, she said yes so I headed on my way. I am still tempted to drive by there and check on them, I don't want to call the law because they might be homeless and that is their only way to sleep  I don't know what to do.

Then about a mile later we spot a baby Opossum on the side of the road, dazed, alone and looked hurt Sad as if something had grabbed him and tried to take off with him but failed. I waited until he ambled on into the bushes before heading on my way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Leg feels OK today.  Might try to get in a couple miles after work.

From the Internet.

5 miles early this morning, very pleasant. Kinda hilly in the middle, threw in some pickups toward the end. Feeling very much recovered this week, though I'll still hold off until Thursday or Friday before attempting any sort of workout.

Met with my coach this morning to discuss marathon training, I start July 6! He prefers to do a 20-week  plan for the marathon, so I will be slowly ramping up mileage for 12 weeks, peaking with 5 weeks of steady mileage with 3 ~20-22 milers alternating with 2 shorter long runs of ~16 or so, and then taper.

Met with my coach this morning to discuss marathon training, I start July 6! He prefers to do a 20-week  plan for the marathon, so I will be slowly ramping up mileage for 12 weeks, peaking with 5 weeks of steady mileage with 3 ~20-22 milers alternating with 2 shorter long runs of ~16 or so, and then taper.

And the fun begins. Remind me which one you're doing?

Dave