Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES and naps (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, everyone!

I am meeting friends for 10-12 miles as the sun comes up. Then I plan to come back home, soak this tired body in epsom salts, and go back to bed for a nap.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

Good morning! 5k in a couple hours. Sitting here drinking my coffee in a VERY quiet house.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

'Morning!! JONES, good luck in your 5K!

I've got a LR to do after I finish this coffee and bagel.

Looks like North Korea has posted all their lunch codes on the main forums.

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Awoke to nothing in particular to do (mile wise) meh... I'm going out in the garage and work on my DDs bicycle gearing.

=)

Happy miles to day all!

Cyberic

Good luck, Jones.

I have some easy miles to run. 10-ish. It's sunny and relatively cool out (59 at the moment), so that should be fun if I manage to get out the door soon enough.

LRB

'Sup.

3rd race on the comeback trail complete, third tough run. 10k in 42:42 is unofficial and it was miserable.

6:31

6:40

6:51

6:52

7:08

7:15

I actually ran the first half mile in the 6:19 - 6:25 range trying desperately to lock it in. Not sure if it mattered in the end though.

I'll analyze the metrics later but I am not sure if this is a personal worst for this course or not. Whatever the case it was all I could do to pass that motherfucking chute at mile 3 geezus!

It may not look like it, but I ran inspired. Just telling myself to keep running, no matter how slow if I run 6 complete miles it will help me. Time will tell if that's true or not but right now I am just happy I didn't run through that chute the first pass!

Going to wait for the official results.

See you!

cjones1

20:50 ish. Waiting on official results.  3rd OA I think.

Nice job, LRB!

PRs:

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Heading out to my parents' house for the day.

Nice racing cjones & LRB.

Looks like North Korea has posted all their lunch codes on the main forums.

I just hope there is no kimchi in there, that stuff is disgusting.

MTA: I don't know what you're talking about, you must be imagining things. Do you dream in Korean?

Great job cjones!

LRB - way to tough that one out, looks very painful. Comeback is definitely a process.

Dave

Little Blue

Great job, cjones!

LRB, sorry it didn't go as you wanted.  Maybe next time.

I think it's turned into a RD.  Glloomy and dark, rain later, just cannot motivate.  I've done some laundry and cleaned the kitchen.  I need to keep going.  DH is running around like the energizer bunny.

MTA:  LRB, thanks for the earworm.  The last time that song got into my head, it was there for DAYS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

That's great cjones!

Rick, you toughed it out. Training the mental to be tough is very important. The result is not there yet, but not too bad either.

Ran 10.7 easy miles. If I'm in taper mode, my body doesn't know it yet. The miles felt normal, not 'I want more' easy.

Zelanie

cjones, congrats!

LRB- Great work hanging in there and getting it done!

I've got 7 with strides to do today.

cjones1

20:51 official. 19 second PR!  AG swag was you're typical small town 5k medal.  Also won a  road id gift card.  Not a bad morning.

PRs:

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

3rd race on the comeback trail complete, third tough run. 10k in 42:42 is unofficial and it was miserable.

Was it your performance or the course?  You'll get that blazing speed back soon enough, LRB!

20:51 official. 19 second PR!  AG swag was you're typical small town 5k medal.  Also won a  road id gift card.  Not a bad morning.

Great job, Jones!  19 seconds is a nice chunk of time.  And I like shiny AG medals!  Big grin  And update your signature GDI.

<3