Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Follow My Lead (Read 39 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Beth, good luck on Sunday.

Basya, Happy early birthday in case I don't post tomorrow.

Oski, my profession (programmer) isn't on there and I'm a bit surprised. Most that I know drink coffee.

LRB, nice running.

Dave, DR, and Scotty enjoy your rest day today.

Baboon, good luck tomorrow on your 5k.

I did a 5 mile pace run (8:14 avg pace) this morning. I got my 16 miler tomorrow. The wife has complained about me getting home and showered by 9:30, so I guess it's out the door earlier. I'm actually going to walk my dog after my run as well, so that should free up some time.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting, LRB, congrats on your miles.   Yay for getting your cable back!  I have Time Warner and they have this 'black-out" argument thing going on with CBS, so for right now, no Showtime, Flix, etc. as TWC in its infinite wisdom blacked out any channel owned by CBS because TWC says CBS wants too much in fees.  Sometimes I think TV-life was easier when we only had 3 channels, lol.  But you're probably way too young to remember those days.

Swim in the river? You must have one nice clean river, Beth.  Wish we could swim in our rivers around here!  Good luck with your half on Saturday!

You have a full day, Basya!  The world is normal again. Wink  Good luck with your doctor appointments!  I don't add anything to coffee either..which is easy for me to do since I don't drink it.   Happy Birthday in advance!  Here you go...http://www.doozycards.com/new-cards-greeting-cards/birthday-dancing-doggies

Enjoy your SRD, DaveP and Damaris.

Oski, hope all your aches and pains are behaving.

Good luck with the 16 miles, Andrew!  Take the wife with you..maybe have her ride a bike alongside you...then she won't complain since she's with you, right?  Maybe.   Joking

Good luck with your upcoming 5K, Phil!  Safe trip to Martha's Vinyard.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, let me guess.  Did LRB get his cable problem solved?

Damaris

Hip Redux

So, let me guess.  Did LRB get his cable problem solved?

Cable

Cable

Cable

What makes you say that?

Cable

DaveP MI, enjoy your SRD. I'll be thirty-five.

Oski, I'm a teacher. I don't add anything to my coffee. Why mess with something that works perfectly well as it is? Ick on the e-mails. I hope that work works today.

Rick, sweet 7.3.

Damaris, enjoy your SRD.

scottydawg, enjoy your rest day. Goo luck tomorrow.

Phil, fantastic four. Good luck tomorrow!

Burrrrn, fantastic pace run.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guysSmile

It's raining. So, I decided to use the free weights that I have at homeSad If it eases within the next half hour, I'll skedaddle to the gym to do speedwork.

i'm sitting at the doctor's. Waiting.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another rest day, maybe a walk later but who knows. I've got a stupid leaky tire that keeps going flat so I've got to take it in and get plugged or something. I still have to pick up my race packet for tomorrow morning's 10k, hopefully my luck at the race is different from these last couple of days. Had to go out and purchase a new coffee maker last night, while cleaning my no longer used coffee maker yesterday evening with vinegar, I heard a "pop" and then the vinegar just started leaking out the bottom Surprised. My new one works great, and from now on I will clean it every other month rather than 6 months later Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87, I hope that your day goes well. Good luck tomorrow!

I'm still waiting. My appointment was at 9:30:/ Feh. I just ended a text conversation that convinced me to not run today. A friend of mine is a MD, a fitness fiend, and super-supportive of my running. He said that, even though I  feel OK, my ibuprofen might prevent me from feeling little indications that something might be going wrong and that doing speed work less that twenty-four hours after my longest run since Jerusalem isn't the best idea. He advised me to not use the T, to walk as much as I can, so that I may stay active without placing any undue stress on my body.

I'm done waiting. I'm going home to nap and shower. This is frustrating.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me today

Marjorie

Ric-G

just b - have a good swim

basya - enjoy the shopping and happy early bday!

dave - enjoy the srd

oski - cool factoids

lrb - sounds like the same type run here

scotty - rice pudding...hmm

baboon - enjoy your weekend

brrr - nice 5 there

D - did u hear about lrb's cable

free - time for a new tire? or two

marj - nice job

easy 7 this morning...felt like nothing, not a runner's high (whatever that is),,,,more like runner's amnesia....maybe I dreamt I ran 7...whatever the case, I'm still putting it in the log...taking the out of town folks to the beach today...have a great Friday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ric, no, I was wondering if he got it back yet.

Damaris

LRB

Sometimes I think TV-life was easier when we only had 3 channels, lol.  But you're probably way too young to remember those days.

Are you kidding?  We had Channels 2, 4, 7 and 9 (CBC) on VHF here, and channels 20, 50, 56, and 62 on UFH.  Who can forget this; "It's eight o 'clock, do you know what your children are watching?" lol and at midnight, all channels went snowy...not before playing the National Anthem of course.  Good times man, good times!

UPDATE: I do not have cable back as of yet, but they are coming between 12:00 and 2:00 which means that after six stinking days, four of which saw the Tigers make the Indians their bitch, I WILL HAVE MY CABLE BACK, YAY!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am thinking of a new tire or 2, though right now I'll just have to have this one plugged and then order new ones.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good cable, everybody, and Happy Cable! Cable cable.

Don't know why that's in my cable all of the sudden. I mean head.

Cable.

Burrrrr (or derivative thereof), my hubby is a programmer as well and he drinks lots of coffee. I'm in insurance (financial professional, I guess? But I'm also in the marketing department, so...) and we split a pot of coffee every single weekday morning, between what we drink at home and what we bring to work.

Happy early birthday, Basya!

The weather isn't cooperative today so I don't know if I'll run. However, I'm running with my group tomorrow morning then running 18 miles on Sunday. I live local to Runner's World HQ and they're doing a RW Half training run on a rail trail about 20 minutes from my house, so I'll get there an hour before everyone else and run some, then run some with the group, then run whatever miles I have left. Should be fun and the weather is supposed to be lovely.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just wanted to say:

CABLE.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Burrrrr (or derivative thereof), my hubby is a programmer as well and he drinks lots of coffee. I'm in insurance (financial professional, I guess? But I'm also in the marketing department, so...) and we split a pot of coffee every single weekday morning, between what we drink at home and what we bring to work.

Very neat. My wife is a stay at home mom and she only drinks like 2 cups even though there's a half pot left after I'm done with it. Such restraint is unfathomable.

- Andrew