Beginners and Beyond

TGIFriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have forgotten the pack socks so many times. And because I usually wear skirts/dresses to work, I don't have dress socks to substitute. I can run about 5 miles sockless before I start getting blisters but being able to get my run done without having to wait until I can go home and get socks is worth a few blisters.

I started to keep some extra socks, sports bra, etc in my desk drawer at work for such cases

I have run marathons sockless but the shoe is important to prevent blisters.  Ouch on the blisters.

Damaris

DavePNW

My weather forecast for next weekend: Saturday night, snow showers mixing with rain showers, low 31. Sunday 40% chance of rain, high 40. But race starts at 7:00 so probably not going to get over mid-30s. OK with those temps, but with rain it would suck. And IDK what the footing will be like depending on what kind of mess comes down Saturday night. Anyway it sounds like long sleeves & gloves, at least. Maybe even a hat, at least for the early miles.

Dave

LRB

I have forgotten the pack socks so many times. And because I usually wear skirts/dresses to work, I don't have dress socks to substitute. I can run about 5 miles sockless before I start getting blisters but being able to get my run done without having to wait until I can go home and get socks is worth a few blisters.

I started to keep some extra socks, sports bra, etc in my desk drawer at work for such cases

I have these at my desk. And in my car I have socks, shorts, a short sleeve shirt and a long sleeve one. I also have track pants on the chance I get stranded somewhere while wearing tights to or from a run. It's the last thing I need to get out of my car when a tow truck shows up wearing "yoga pants".

onemile

I think everyone here is predicting a PR.

sub-40

onemile

Since I always ran before work, my risk was always forgetting work clothing items. It got to be such a routine that I would never forget anything. But I was always nervous I’d forget something major like shirt or pants. My comfort factor was that there was a Fred Meyer store (like Target) nearby that opened at 7AM, where I could do some shopping in a pinch. I did take advantage of that one time I forgot underwear. 

I've also had this problem when I run before work by work..... I just go underwearless when I forget to pack them.   But that time I forgot my bra, I just went home. lol

bluerun

Super B****

sub-40

Sure, I'll just drop a 10K at 5K pace like NBD when I barely managed a HM at MP last week, why not?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Sure, I'll just drop a 10K at 5K pace like NBD when I barely managed a HM at MP last week, why not?

well I expect you to have to work for it.. not just drop it like it's NBD 

bluerun

Super B****

well I expect you to have to work for it.. not just drop it like it's NBD 

I feel like the effort level you might expect to bring about a sub-40 would yield something around 43:00 if I'm lucky. Maybe I should under-dress to motivate myself to run faster (though that would backfire because I'd be too cold to move)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Rest day, 15 mins in the ‘Luke warm tub’ at the gym... start anew tomorrow.

AFTER TODAY off work till December 2.... hanging out with my refrigerator is not a good for me😮 but I love it 😀

sdWhiskers

^ All of this.  The salaries are not non-negotiable and it's mostly a bottom.  The recruiter will also tell you if that is the case, so talking to them is worth it.

Not sure how other companies operate, but we have tons of room to negotiate with people we want to hire. For base salary, there will be some ceiling but there are other perks that can get thrown in like huge signing bonus (think $50-100k), or the other year end bonuses. But even base salary can be a huge range, and the starting number is usually in the lower half of that range so that there's room to move during negotiations. For a higher level person, we usually get a sense of what they are expecting so we don't lowball them.

sdWhiskers

I took next week off so this is my last work day until Dec 2!

6 miles and it's chilly out there (long sleeve weather). Also did 5 x 20s hill sprints.

LRB

I took next week off so this is my last work day until Dec 2!

I never think of doing that. 

I always view it as a short week. I would LOVE today being my last day of work for 9 days frickin days.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think the salary negotiations totally depends on industry. Nonprofit,  not a whole lot of room.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We work on Friday after Thanksgiving, but that ended up being luckily my off Friday so I don't have to come in (I normally take it off when it isn't but since there are only 3 other attorneys here instead of 5 and I'm the newer one, I didn't want to abuse but can't help it, it's my day, lol).

Damaris

DavePNW

I think the salary negotiations totally depends on industry. Nonprofit,  not a whole lot of room.

The industry, the company, the position, how good of a fit the candidate is, how long they’ve been looking, how desperate they are to fill it....

Dave