Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

It sure seems colder than it is, brr.

Cry me a river.

Sup?

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 10, with some crazy HRM readings... wonder if I ought to change the battery on that thing.  It seems highly unlikely that I'd run on the AlterG at an average HR higher than I usually manage in a 5K.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 in the dark.  It is back up in the low 60s, so my very sore moobs got to be uncovered this morning.

I figured out my MRT plan last night.  I'ts 17 weeks of Hanson's, with a little modification.  Speed/strength is on Tuesday, tempo is Thursday, and I moved the long run from Sun to Sat.  I'll be running my first workout Nov 1st, and will be at 60 miles the first week.  I'll increase to as many miles as I can run and hit my workout paces.

I printed a paper copy and taped it next to my monitor.  It's intimidating to read, but I feel better knowing the thinking through Feb 25th will be minimal.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are back to the dewpoint in the 70s so I'll run some miles on the TM tonight.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  Masters swim in the pre-dawn this morning.  2250 yards.  I was tired thanks to yesterday's swim.  I've been slacking on the swim the past six weeks and am feeling it.  Consecutive swim days wasn't a problem three months ago.

AlterG 10, with some crazy HRM readings... wonder if I ought to change the battery on that thing.  It seems highly unlikely that I'd run on the AlterG at an average HR higher than I usually manage in a 5K.

Have you washed your HR strap lately?  When mine guts buggy, washing the strap usually helps.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Have you washed your HR strap lately?  When mine guts buggy, washing the strap usually helps.

I wash it after every use!!

chasing the impossible

LRB

I printed a paper copy and taped it next to my monitor.  It's intimidating to read, but I feel better knowing the thinking through Feb 25th will be minimal.

That's an important part of the whole thing!

LRB

We are back to the dewpoint in the 70s so I'll run some miles on the TM tonight.  Pilates tonight.

Nope, those won't be back here for a long, long, long time!

delicate flower

I wash it after every use!!

Oh.  You're screwed then.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, those won't be back here for a long, long, long time!

Unfortunately, it's almost 9 months since they started here. I want them gone for a bit!

Damaris

No more marathons

I switched to the scosche rhythm plus arm band after much dissatisfaction with chest straps.

I have only had a few instances of cadence lock in the first quarter mile - other than that the thing has been perfect.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

Oh.  You're screwed then.

Story of my life.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I switched to the scosche rhythm plus arm band after much dissatisfaction with chest straps.

I have only had a few instances of cadence lock in the first quarter mile - other than that the thing has been perfect.

I considered that, except then I lose all the extraneous data I get from the HRM-Run strap.  Not that I USE that data, but still.  I'll try using electrode gel (yay, Amazon Prime) to see if that helps, and if not, I suppose I will cry from despair?

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did something similar 4 years ago with the TomTom Optical HR.  The chest strap was a PITA for too many years.  I know the optical does not have the bells and whistles but after 4 years, I don't miss them at all.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I considered that, except then I lose all the extraneous data I get from the HRM-Run strap.  Not that I USE that data, but still.  I'll try using electrode gel (yay, Amazon Prime) to see if that helps, and if not, I suppose I will cry from despair?

I tried the gel but it didn't work on me.  Good luck.

Damaris