Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

onemile

My daily land yatchs retail for $160, I usually get them for $120 - $140. I think I got a pair once for $110, but never lower than that. So for me, $85 would be a no brainer. I'm not sure I would pay that for a shoe I've never worn though. My threshold for those instances is about 60 bucks, and I think I've been burned every. fucking. time.

I have a hard time paying $120. I have a couple times though and that is what Brooks wants for most of their shoes now days and you can't use coupons anymore.  The past couple trips to my LRS I have had a gift card (for placing at a 5k) and then they give you a $25 credit for every $250 you spend, so essentially 10% off.

on my way to badass

4 done on the mill plus a swimming lesson.  Getting better but having a hard time doing a stroke and a kick in the right order.  Its a lot like walking and chewing gum at the same time.

On the subject of GSD's- Jetta might be young enough that she hasn't had her first real undercoat.  Bet it happens this winter.  My girl is very light too.  She never seems to gain weight.  I'm pretty paranoid about overweight dogs.  Better light than heavy and the vet thinks she's fine.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

onemile

On the subject of GSD's- Jetta might be young enough that she hasn't had her first real undercoat.  Bet it happens this winter.  My girl is very light too.  She never seems to gain weight.  I'm pretty paranoid about overweight dogs.  Better light than heavy and the vet thinks she's fine.

You have a GSD too? Pics?

on my way to badass

I do have a GSD.  Sadie is 5 and a long coated red and black.  Someone needs to school me on how to post pics.  I never get it right.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Yeah, that's what's stopping me... if I knew I liked the shoe, I wouldn't even hesitate.  But the only reason I'm even interested in trying them is because (like I said a couple of days ago) even though I actually prefer a more minimal shoe, since my calcaneal fracture I feel safer doing the bulk of my miles in something more cushioned.  And these are supposedly more cushion-y than the Ghosts.

Which is no reason to buy them, since my fracture had nothing to do with my shoes.  But try telling that to my brain.

This was in part, the reason I made the switch to running in my SUVs during the week and long on Sunday.

onemile

I do have a GSD.  Sadie is 5 and a long coated red and black.  Someone needs to school me on how to post pics.  I never get it right.

You need to upload it somewhere like photobucket and then click on the insert image button and paste in the url

Cyberic

For a 3:15 (7:25 pace), the LR pace is 8:05. MP+40 seconds not +35 like I said.  MP+10% would be MP+45 seconds.  So we were both wrong, but close 

Either way, that takes some work (for me, who does not run their easy runs too fast)

I did not even know there were charts for the long runs. I just ran them on the fast side of easy. I have all my paces in kms in my head, so this is hard, but for a 7:05-7:10 training MP, I would run my long runs at 7:30-7:45, depending on how I felt.

MTA: But the easy Sundays, I would run normal Easy (8:00-8:15 or whatever I felt like)

bluerun

Super B****

This was in part, the reason I made the switch to running in my SUVs during the week and long on Sunday.

But... you didn't get a stress fracture, unless I missed something really big?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I have a hard time paying $120. 

I am not thrilled with it in the least, but for me, it's the cost of doing business. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

By dangling a hot dog in front of himself? 

Lol no. By instigating an attack and then praising her. She already had the instincts,  he just encourages it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

But... you didn't get a stress fracture, unless I missed something really big?!

I concluded three years ago that running 50 miles per week in a 6 or 7 or 8 ounce shoe exclusively is just not something I can risk, regardless of a specific injury. Some people can do it no problem, and I get laughed at a lot, but trying to fit a square peg in a round hole (which essentially is what I would be doing) is not something that interests me.

Aside from all of that, it actually makes sense to have a cushioned shoe.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You're probably right stonefence, she has absolutely no undercoat lol. And my vet is pleased with her weight too, right around 60 lbs.

I just copy pics from facebook, easier that way. For me at least

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

SadieWe'll see if I did this right.

Sadie

on my way to badass

Nope

Cyberic

I concluded three years ago that running 50 miles per week in a 6 or 7 or 8 ounce shoe exclusively is just not something I can risk, regardless of a specific injury. Some people can do it no problem, and I get laughed at a lot, but trying to fit a square peg in a round hole (which essentially is what I would be doing) is not something that interests me.

Aside from all of that, it actually makes sense to have a cushioned shoe.

I run most of my miles in 10+ oz shoes (for size 9, mine are 13s) except for workout days, and even on workout days, this summer, I was running in cushioned shoes most of the time.

I feel like it's necessary. Running in lighter shoes gives my body an additional pounding.

MTA: I run alone most of the time, so no one laughs at me Smile