Beginners and Beyond

7115 WednesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

delicate flower

I never really checked mine either. There is a topic on the main forums about stride length, and that made me check mine.

You traitor.

<3

onemile

Depends on the speed you were running at onemile.  At easy pace, my stride length is about 1.10 meters (170 steps/min). At 5k pace, 1.40 meters and cadence 178-184.

The "ugly shuffle" is a combination of turnover and length.

The cadence as measured by the 620 is just wrong. When I wear my footpod, I get a much higher cadence (which matches the gait assessments I've had done). The 620 bases it on arm swing and it shows a whole bunch of 'drops' (red) on my charts. I must move my arms weird or something).

1.26 was my (pathetic) 5k pace from a couple weeks ago

1.12 from my marathon a couple months ago

1.15 from my easy run last night

Who knows if that is even accurate. I would think that it would have been higher at MP than easy pace? My easy run was one minute per mile slower.

onemile

I don't need a fancy watch to tell me that.

Race photos do the trick, eh?

LRB

LRB, you asked about my knee yesterday, and yesterday I'd have said it was it great...

Let's just leave it there.

Random dinners are cool. Feel better!

onemile

It shows my average cadence as 160, which I assure you it is not.

delicate flower

It shows my average cadence as 160, which I assure you it is not.

Are you using the footpod or the internal accelerometer in the device?  I've found the latter to be ridiculously inaccurate, and I am surprised (though I shouldn't be) that Garmin would release a product that was so inaccurate.  When the footpod is connected, it overrides the readings that the accelerometer collects, and the footpod is much more accurate based on my experience.  I trust the footpod readings.

<3

Cyberic

I get drops too with the foot pod, but nothing like what you get. This is yesterday's run, with the 6x800s.

onemile

Are you using the footpod or the internal accelerometer in the device?  I've found the latter to be ridiculously inaccurate, and I am surprised (though I shouldn't be) that Garmin would release a product that was so inaccurate.  When the footpod is connected, it overrides the readings that the accelerometer collects, and the footpod is much more accurate based on my experience.  I trust the footpod readings.

The internal accelerometer.  When I use the foot pod, I get accurate readings (and no red drop outs)

Cyberic

You traitor.

LOL. I didn't comment on the main forums, just got the discussion idea Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

howdy.  I ran 4.2 this morning.  My quads are still tired.

Marjorie

delicate flower

The internal accelerometer.  When I use the foot pod, I get accurate readings (and no red drop outs)

Even DC Rainmaker says the accelerometer is shyte.

<3

onemile

Even DC Rainmaker says the accelerometer is shyte.

Which makes me wonder if the stride length is right. If it is based on your speed + cadence it would be shyte also then.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No birthday today, not until December. It will be a new AG one

But you will still look like you're in a much younger age group. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I just checked mine (I have the 620) and 1.26 is what mine was for my last 5k.  So it's nice to know my running is ugly. 

Well, at least it's only your running that's ugly....imagine what a poor, wrinkly old man like me has to see in the mirror every day.  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, my knee stings more now.

Accelerometers are inaccurate, no matter if Garmin or TomTom or even Polar.

Damaris