Beginners and Beyond

Are you ready for some football Mondailies? (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lurch, that is an awesome idea for recovery food!

RR is up.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, I'll be reading your RR after this.

Almost didn't post on here because it seems it is about football and I really don't care about it, but eh I'll post. I've got my first ever massage scheduled tomorrow.... curious as to how it will go but a fellow runner referred them to me. I've decided to see a massage therapist only really because now I am feeling stiff and sore in my back, from the top mainly but even around the bottom of my back and I can't seem to do any stretches for it, the foam roller isn't doing any good either. I am my son's human trampoline, jungle gym and all around playground... I am starting to feel it horribly. Hopefully this massage will help me just feel better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

D, I'll be reading your RR after this.

Almost didn't post on here because it seems it is about football and I really don't care about it, but eh I'll post. 

The dailies are about whatever you want them to be. 

I have a massage Sunday. 

DavePNW

The dailies are about whatever you want them to be. 

I have a massage Sunday. 

I don't care about massages; not posting here.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I don't care about running. Why am I here?

(BTW - I lie.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

These days, I force myself to run only so that I have a reason to post here.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay I really had nothing else to post about and almost felt I shouldn't post about a massage because that is almost like posting every single thing you do on facebook even if nobody wants to read it.... I need a drink 

LRB do massages help you? When it comes to running that is? I am sure it will help me not feel like I've been trampled repeatedly for the past year, I just wish I could take a few shots of whiskey before going but I will be leaving from work and driving damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

This thread needs Dr Phil. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This thread needs Dr Phil. lol

I would punch him in the throat damn it. I need a night of just getting trashed and waking up who knows where, I haven't had a night like that in a long freaking time.... mainly because I have a kid.

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your marathon, Lurch.  Wow, a 3-4 hour dinner?  Sounds like one of those old-time banquet thingys...sounds darn expensive!

Good luck with your recovery 5, Lily....hope the coffee unzombies you!

50 minutes of shoveling, you earned a man-sized bowl of cheerios, lrb!

Hope the 10 went well, B-Plus.  What's easy for you...about my 'speed pace' of 10 mpm?  

Happy weights after work, Half Crazy. Yeah, the Cowboys fans down here are getting sick of hearing about Calvin Johnson today, lol.

Way to go on your "Goofy", Damaris!  I think you earned several rest days!

Hope you are getting your wish, Baboon, and your Monday is staying quiet.

How did your daughter do, Zelanie?

Way to go on your miles, Pleasant Ridge....glad you didn't get a really cold rain.

Happy workout, OOTB, whichever you decide.

Enjoy your first-ever massage, FreeSoul!  My wife gets one regularly....she says they really do help her to get all 'the kinks' out....and they are wonderful as long as you get someone who really knows what he/she is doing.    Personally, I'm afraid to get a massage, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This might do a lot better than Dr. Phil, a shot of Wild Turkey's Rare Breed (112.8 proof) and a glass of cran-apple mixed with two shots of Midnight Moonshine's Strawberry.

PRs

DavePNW

I need a night of just getting trashed and waking up who knows where

Suggests the need for Dr. Phil even more.

Dave

B-Plus

Scotty - it was slower than 9, so almost!

I should schedule a couple of massage sessions. I need to get drilled in the ass.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

monday rest day for me

Couple of friends coming for the Charleston marathon this weekend.  I'm excited. I'm not running it but am happy to host them.  Nice long FE.  They are on the womens forum.  'Met" them before when we did Hatfield and McCoy in 2013.  Known them online for a lot longer.  Should be fun.

Marjorie

LRB

monday rest day for me

Couple of friends coming for the Charleston marathon this weekend.  I'm excited. I'm not running it but am happy to host them.  Nice long FE.  They are on the womens forum.  'Met" them before when we did Hatfield and McCoy in 2013.  Known them online for a lot longer.  Should be fun.

Awesome! I wish I could meet your pups. lol