Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: First things first (Read 37 times)

LRB

A run.

runninggirl30

Everyone must be out running cause I'm the second person posting.   

No running for me today but I'm hittin' the gym early this morning.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Too damn tired to get out of bed this morning to run, so I slept an extra 90 minutes.  Maybe I'll run this afternoon.  Headed to Hollywood Studios today.  I am wearing the Hawaiian shirt today, much to the wife's eye rolling.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home but too exhausted to wake up and run this morning, so Pilates followed by 10 with 6 at MP.  I might try to get my allergy shot today so it will all go badly, I'm, sure.  Still with a headache so I'm glad I did not run this morning.

Damaris

happylily

Morning!

Yesterday, 11 @ 7:49. Today will be 10 easy with strides.

I have to go to a clinic to get some device (not sure what it's called) that will monitor my BP over 24h. According to the doctor, I'm a balloon about to explode. GRRRRR!!!! (calm down, Lily, calm down...) Hopefully it's only white coat syndrome. There was some good news, though: when I took my coat off and extended my arm to have my pressure checked, the doc said: "I see you're still training..."  If I die early, I will do so looking fit and healthy, at least... 

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

14 with 10 at GMP. Little bit of a struggle to maintain pace today.

Dave

LRB

Everyone must be out running cause I'm the second person posting.  First, suckas!

FYP 

LRB

I have to go to a clinic to get some device (not sure what it's called) that will monitor my BP over 24h. According to the doctor, I'm a balloon about to explode. GRRRRR!!!! (calm down, Lily, calm down...) Hopefully it's only white coat syndrome.

Yes, calm.  And take care of yourself honey!

LRB

14 with 10 at GMP. Little bit of a struggle to maintain pace today.

It gets to be a bitch doesn't it?  Luckily there is only one left for you!

Hi D!

lol at your shirt Boon!  Pics?

Morning dailies!

Rick - enjoy the early run

RG30 - don't hit the gym too hard, your fist will hurt

Boon - Hawaiian shirt in Florida.  Make it work.

D - hope the shot doesn't hurt

Lily - does the monitor beep?  You could tell everyone that you really are a robot.

DaveP - tough run, good job.

Going to skip the extra day up here.  I feel run down and on the verge of catching a cold.  Heading home in a few.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!

Yesterday, 11 @ 7:49. Today will be 10 easy with strides.

I have to go to a clinic to get some device (not sure what it's called) that will monitor my BP over 24h. According to the doctor, I'm a balloon about to explode. GRRRRR!!!! (calm down, Lily, calm down...) Hopefully it's only white coat syndrome. There was some good news, though: when I took my coat off and extended my arm to have my pressure checked, the doc said: "I see you're still training..."  If I die early, I will do so looking fit and healthy, at least... 

Have a nice day, everyone!

My BP is high every time I go to the doctor.  I have a BP monitor and take it often.  Does he really need you to monitor it 24/7?  Ugh.  Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, I am going to drop Sammy at the vet to get her checked.  I am worried about some blood in her poop, which can be nothing or cancer, great.  Hoping for nothing.

Damaris

happylily

My BP is high every time I go to the doctor.  I have a BP monitor and take it often.  Does he really need you to monitor it 24/7?  Ugh.  Good luck!

It's only for one day, thank God. My first question to him was of course "Can I run with the thing on me?" He said to do exactly what I would do normally. So, coffee, yell at son and SO, coffee, yell at toddlers, coffee, yell at you guys, coffee, run, shower and sleep. If the results are good, then he will disregard the readings in his office.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4 miles this morning.  Humid as all get-out and high dew-point.   Sweating like crazy and my second mile my back started doing some cramp-thing a bit.  I stopped and stretched a bit and felt a 'pop'...and then it felt just a tad sore, but mostly fine and I was able to run with no discomfort.  Don't know what the heck I did to my back...things like this are always happening with this stupid spinal arthritis.  I count my blessings though, it could be a lot worse than it is.  At least I can still stay fairly active, unlike a lot of folks with back problems.

Lily...what Damaris said.  I am on BP meds too and that takes care of it, I keep a log and it's always pretty good when I'm at home taking my BP.    However, when I go to the doc, it always shoots up.  It's called 'white coat syndrome', e.g., some people tend to get a bit nervous when they go to the doc and that elevates their BP.    As much as I go to the doc, lol, you'd think I wouldn't get nervous, but I still do.  Like my races...been running for 31 years but, even so, when I do a race, I still get a bit 'antsy' until the starting gun goes off and then I settle in.   So maybe you just had a bit of 'white coat syndrome'.  The monitoring will tell the doc that.  Hope everything comes out okay for you.

Hope everything turns out normal for Sammy, Damaris!

Well, Baboon, at least you will be able to be seen, in case you see any 'stars' there....how "loud" is it?

Mens Hawaiian Shirts | Purple Palms | Aloha Loud Party Shirt

Congrats on the 14, Dave.

Hope you feel better, Jay.

Hope you had a  good gym time, Girl30 and hope your run went well, LRB.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

I fear I might be coming down with a cold D: No running today, just hoping I can shake this thing off before Sunday! Might go home early to get in a nap.