Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: First things first (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can barely breathe today and almost passed out just now. This taper has been wonderful.

Sammy is bitching here at the vet and pooping.  The nerve!

Damaris

LRB

I fear I might be coming down with a cold D: No running today, just hoping I can shake this thing off before Sunday! Might go home early to get in a nap.

I trained through the one I had a couple of weeks ago without missing a run.  I ate a ton of food to give my body the nutrients it needed to fight that crap off but yeah, it sucks.

LRB

Feel better Jay!

Hopefully the back behaves Scotty!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

runninggirl30

wow, there are a lot of sickos on this thread, haha.  I hope everyone feels better soon!!

Did weights and the elliptical.  My three small toes always go numb when I do the elliptical.  My shoes aren't tight and it happens no matter what sneaks I wear. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

'Morning.  Too damn tired to get out of bed this morning to run, so I slept an extra 90 minutes.  Maybe I'll run this afternoon.  Headed to Hollywood Studios today.  I am wearing the Hawaiian shirt today, much to the wife's eye rolling.  

Being on vacation is hard work!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last night saw 7 miles, this morning saw 5.2 and I am feeling like crud....  so taking tomorrow as a rest day with lots of foam rolling and stretching. This training is kicking my butt, but it doesn't help that I have an energizer bunny for a son.... I think I get an extra 3-5 miles just chasing him around.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

My three small toes always go numb when I do the elliptical.  My shoes aren't tight and it happens no matter what sneaks I wear. 

The same thing used to happen to me, there was no rhyme or reason for it and it drove me nuts.  And actually a similar thing happened when I rode my bike but not to the same degree.

I was a maniac on the elliptical though often logging 90 minute sessions and up to 2.5 hours a time or two.

DavePNW

wow, there are a lot of sickos on this thread, haha.  I hope everyone feels better soon!!

Did weights and the elliptical.  My three small toes always go numb when I do the elliptical.  My shoes aren't tight and it happens no matter what sneaks I wear. 

Foot numbness is a pretty common problem with the elliptical. All the more reason to run!

Dave

Hip Redux

Yesterday my good hip locked up while doing some PT work.  Today, it's very achy and just not "right".

I put as my goal for October to not fuck up my good hip.

GODDAMMIT THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A JINX.

DavePNW

Yesterday my good hip locked up while doing some PT work.  Today, it's very achy and just not "right".

I put as my goal for October to not fuck up my good hip.

Just so you know, it gives me no pleasure to be right about this.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Toe numbness on the elliptical is the position you put your foot/leg in. Making sure to slide it around every few minutes and it won't go numb.

Lily hope it is nothing

Scotty sounds like a facet joint was stuck and your stretching unstuck it

you all sick folks don't breath on this thread while posting we don't want to get sick too!

Marjorie

LRB

You were pretty adamant that there is no such thing to the point you made a believer out of me!  Hopefully it was just a freak thing and calms back down over the next day or two.

Hip Redux

Just so you know, it gives me no pleasure to be right about this.

I am going to just ignore the whole thing.   I'm hoping this unjinxes the situation.

delicate flower

lol at your shirt Boon!  Pics?

<3