Beginners and Beyond

Yay for Fridailies (Read 51 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The second pair are seriously sexy Dave 

I think Rocky did learn, because he wasn't in the bedroom but sleeping behind the couch.

For everybody else, what up?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Dave, have you tried the Breakthrus?  I love them!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love the Breakthrus as well.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It is going to be 90 today, yes 90 degrees, so it's a good thing I have an SRD.  Any running this weekend will have to be EARLY because there is no way I am going to run when it's 92 tomorrow or Sunday.  I am feeling for the runners in the LA Marathon.

Later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is going to be 90 today, yes 90 degrees, so it's a good thing I have an SRD.  Any running this weekend will have to be EARLY because there is no way I am going to run when it's 92 tomorrow or Sunday.  I am feeling for the runners in the LA Marathon.

Later.

This better not continue or I will scratch CA from my #1 spot of places to move!

Damaris

B-Plus

2 x 3 mile later

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

This better not continue or I will scratch CA from my #1 spot of places to move!

There are many other reasons you wouldn't want to live here. I can't wait to leave.

Mmmmm...beer

The second pair are seriously sexy Dave 

Definitely, they will be mine.   For some reason I've been into orange lately, I'm also eyeing a pair of orange A6 race flats.

I looked at those too, but went with the Zealots because they have a lil more cushion (22/26 vs. 16/24), and they're about the same weight, the Zealots are actually just a hair lighter.  Not as big of a deal, but they're also a 4mm drop vs the Breakthru's 8mm drop.  I'm really looking forward to the lighter weight, I love my Triumphs, but they're pretty heavy (especially when I switch from those to my Virratas).  These will be my regular trainer and long run shoe, I'll use my Virratas and Fastwitchs for faster stuff.  When the Virratas are done, I may go back to the Kinvaras for faster stuff, I miss that shoe.  So many shoes and only two feet. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: I have become a fan of Saucony as well. I just ran a HM in the Virrata, have used the Kinvaras for fast stuff, and I have a pair of Guide 7 under my bed waiting their turn. I think with my injury trouble I need a pair of neutral shoes that offer some extra cushion... maybe a neutral on steroids?  Can you, or anyone, recommend anything?

LRB

For some reason I've been into orange lately, I'm also eyeing a pair of orange A6 race flats.

Red and yellow seem to be my calling which I have had no trouble finding in racers. Daily trainers on the other hand, seem to be impossible to find.

Shit, I am still running in the DST 18 and  they are now on number 21!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today's 7 mile easy run might have went a little too fast. Oops. Smile  I blame hubby since he went running with me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1 intervals with a mile cool down for 4.1 total.

From yesterday Scotty that is a great idea pinning the sock together.  My dh has a hard enough time with all my running stuff that this right and left sock will confuse him.  At least he does help with the laundry/folding it so I can't complain

Marjorie

From the Internet.

My planned 3 easy on the treadmill turned into 3.4ish outside because it's just too nice out. Wore long sleeves and gloves but was warm enough to go with shorts instead of tights. Ahhh, spring!

happylily

I just received this email from the BAA. They are looking for participants in a study.

WHAT IS THE STUDY?
                              To be specific, researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital and Hartford Hospital are conducting a study to examine the effect of oral contraceptives on blood clot risk in women who fly and run marathons. As you can see, this only describes one subset of women runners, but the hope is that the study will prove helpful to those runners.

WHO SHOULD CONSIDER PARTICIPATING IN THE SURVEY?
                              If you are currently taking an estrogen-based oral contraceptive AND traveling by plane flight greater than 4 hours AND running in the 2015 Boston Marathon, you may qualify.

HOW WILL THE STUDY WORK? WHAT IS REQUIRED OF PARTICIPANTS?
                              The study involves 4 blood draws: 1. Prior to flying to the marathon at the nearest Quest; 2. After landing at the Expo on Sunday; 3. Immediately after the marathon; and 4. After flying home at the nearest Quest. Participants will receive $100 and valuable health information.

I wonder if onemile would be interested. After all, it's only 4 blood draws on the most important days of the most important race.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

I just received this email from the BAA. They are looking for participants in a study.

WHAT IS THE STUDY?
                                To be specific, researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital and Hartford Hospital are conducting a study to examine the effect of oral contraceptives on blood clot risk in women who fly and run marathons. As you can see, this only describes one subset of women runners, but the hope is that the study will prove helpful to those runners.

WHO SHOULD CONSIDER PARTICIPATING IN THE SURVEY?
                                If you are currently taking an estrogen-based oral contraceptive AND traveling by plane flight greater than 4 hours AND running in the 2015 Boston Marathon, you may qualify.

HOW WILL THE STUDY WORK? WHAT IS REQUIRED OF PARTICIPANTS?
                                The study involves 4 blood draws: 1. Prior to flying to the marathon at the nearest Quest; 2. After landing at the Expo on Sunday; 3. Immediately after the marathon; and 4. After flying home at the nearest Quest. Participants will receive $100 and valuable health information.

I wonder if onemile would be interested. After all, it's only 4 blood draws on the most important days of the most important race.

I would be interested, but there is one problem: I won't be running Boston this year