Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #160 (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think these kinds of ideas are stupid. Just do a temperature check when going through security and make everyone wear a mask in the corral and after the race if they’re going to stay in the area.  Run normally and don’t take food/drinks from spectators. And for aid stations, they can pour the water and stack the cups and make you grab your own to limit personal contact with people. Just my opinion.

Most of the ideas in that guidance doc make me think if you have to do all this, you shouldn't be having a race.

KCRuns

Most of the ideas in that guidance doc make me think if you have to do all this, you shouldn't be having a race.

I agree.

onemile

Not you too??

Sorry. Ive been mostly trying to keep my mouth shut

onemile

I think the options will be virtual, refund or defer to next year. I’m even fine paying again for next year (with a discount) to avoid the lottery.

I would lovvve a refund. Please. Thank you.

DavePNW

+2. That’s kinda what’s holding me back from registering for CIM. They’ve said if it’s cancelled due to COVID, you can defer with no fee to 2021, 2022, or 2023. Sounds like no risk, but my fear is they end up with “we’re having the race, but there’s gonna be a bunch of bullshit”.

Dave

DavePNW

When did that start? 

Dave

LRB

I understand. :huge sigh:

onemile

When did that start? 

When it comes to crushing other's race hopes.  Not in general 

Cyberic

I thought that maybe some states would be "open" for races in the fall, but as far as Quebec goes, I'm certain big races won't be held in 2020. Isn't Florida pretty much open already?

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought that maybe some states would be "open" for races in the fall, but as far as Quebec goes, I'm certain big races won't be held in 2020. Isn't Florida pretty much open already?

Florida,  Georgia and Texas are my bets for a race of more than 1000 happening in the near future.  Of course, weather in those states isn't really ideal for racing now. Docket may have mentioned something about Florida weather before,...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The Disney Marathon opened for registration (race is in January) and filled up in like 3 minutes because they cut the field by a lot. Normally it's around 20K runners on each day, but they have not said how many spots they sold. Rumors have it that it's as low as 1/3.

Still, no mojo to go fly in a covid-19 spreader plane just to run in 86F in January like last year. Part of me wonders how lucky I was that didn't catch the virus then.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Not if you’re from my stupid state it isn’t

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Not if you’re from my stupid state it isn’t

How is that? I thought states couldn't close their borders to residents of other states. Are you talking about the 14 day quarantine requirement?

bluerun

Super B****

How is that? I thought states couldn't close their borders to residents of other states. Are you talking about the 14 day quarantine requirement?

Yes... little point in going if I can’t do anything

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yes... little point in going if I can’t do anything

Ironic since New York is trending down, and most other states are trending up, including Florida.