Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #160 (Read 33 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Ironic since New York is trending down, and most other states are trending up, including Florida.

That’s what I said!! But now we have to wait two weeks and see our cases spike after all the protests and riots

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

That’s what I said!! But now we have to wait two weeks and see our cases spike after all the protests and riots

I'm not sure a spike is inevitable as a lot of them people are masked up, but you raise a valid point. It'll be interesting to see what happens here, there and everywhere.

DavePNW

When it comes to crushing other's race hopes.  Not in general 

I have not been very good at it.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I'm not sure a spike is inevitable as a lot of them people are masked up, but you raise a valid point. It'll be interesting to see what happens here, there and everywhere.

Some were, many weren’t... wearing one on your chin doesn’t really count. I’ve given up caring since the only reason I ever did was out of worry for my parents, but since they’re evidently of the opinion that we’re past this, I don’t see how my going to any extra effort is helpful.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

More fun with numbers:

Average for the year = 65 mpw

Average for the last 9 weeks = 73 mpw

Dave

onemile

I thought that maybe some states would be "open" for races in the fall, but as far as Quebec goes, I'm certain big races won't be held in 2020. Isn't Florida pretty much open already?

what is a big race? Lakefront has around 3000 runners and 6000 spectators.  That's still a nearly 10,000 person event.

DavePNW

what is a big race? Lakefront has around 3000 runners and 6000 spectators.  That's still a nearly 10,000 person event.

Big.

Dave

onemile

Big.

but that is considered a "small marathon" and what some people are expecting might happen this fall

DavePNW

but that is considered a "small marathon" and what some people are expecting might happen this fall

They’re wrong.

Dave

onemile

They’re wrong.

what about the people who think once the calendar turns from 2020 to 2021, marathons will suddenly be okay? (ie January marathon)

GinnyinPA

I read tonight about Maine's new requirements for visitors from out of state, starting July 1. Basically all visitors must have a Covid test within 72 hours before arrival. The viistor will then certify in writing that they have a negative result, and may be required to show the proof when asked. Lodging places will be required to have a copy of the certification or they can be fined. Races might do something like this for races - ask runners and volunteers to show proof of a recent negative test when picking up your bib. If families and friends are not allowed along the course, the risk would be small.

DavePNW

what about the people who think once the calendar turns from 2020 to 2021, marathons will suddenly be okay? (ie January marathon)

Oh yeah, that one will magically occur. 

To me a small race is about 300 or less. Even then, social distancing is pretty near impossible.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, if the marathon is in Houston, I'm sure it will happen because TX says the pandemic is over!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh yeah, that one will magically occur. 

To me a small race is about 300 or less. Even then, social distancing is pretty near impossible.

And again, who wants to run alone for 5 hours (well, not you, but me)? I can do that at home.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Someone announced he is going to restart rallies soon. This will be me, watching that:

Damaris