Beginners and Beyond

Jetta's Update (Read 60 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta is very special, so she deserves her own thread  As you guys know, I brought Jetta home from a rescue on July 6, she was really thin and probably around 30 lbs at that point. It was even worse when I found out that she wasn't 4 months old but between 5 and 6 months old and should be around 43-47 lbs.

This pic was taken the evening I brought her home.

She barely had any muscle under that skin, it was so sad and she was just so calm and I though that was just her personality (boy was I wrong, lol).

This pic was taken July 7 and is an above view of her.

When I took her to the vet July 10 to be spayed, she weighed 33 lbs and was already starting to slowly fill out. This next pic was taken on the afternoon after I brought her home, July 11.

Here you can see she is beginning to gain muscle, she was around 33 lbs at this point.

Let me tell you, she isn't slowing down either. I took her in my MY vet for a checkup, or a look over and to introduce her on July 15 and they weighed her at about 37 lbs. She had gained 4 lbs in 5 days. Then on July 18, I took her in because she was limping and I was worried but she only hurt her "wrist" and it was no worries - she had gained another lb.

But, as of yesterday afternoon, she now weighs a whopping 41 lbs 

This is a pic of her Thursday evening, you can really begin to see her muscles around her shoulders and hips now.

She is still pretty calm inside, she isn't pacing back and forth or going crazy but will relaxing and just lay around but also makes sure that she keeps Rocky on his toes....... or his back.... she already gaining height over him, her shoulders/back are clearly getting above his now and when I brought her home she was just at his height, which was around 21-22 inches tall and she isn't stopping either. I've definitely got my work cut out for me though, she will most certainly need training obedience lessons as this ain't the type of dog I'd want just running around willy nilly and out of control. But I am so glad I brought her home, she fits so well with us, and Rocky just loves her to pieces 

Here's a few more pics to show her off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Jetta is looking great! She looks much healthier with a few more lbs and I love the pic of her curled on her dog bed. 

Little Blue

I just love her ears!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Those ears are so goofy lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Little Blue

Those ears are so goofy lol.

Well she'll never have an excuse for not listening to you.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well she'll never have an excuse for not listening to you.

Nope, but she has no problems arguing with me lol.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Jetta!  She looks so happy!

Damaris

From the Internet.

I just love her ears!