Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Geezus, man, your body is able to withstand a lot of punishment.

So far. lol  I think one thing that helps me is that most of my runs are pretty easy.  This is my first cycle with any consistent speed work, and also b2b LRs, but it seems to be going really well.  I feel really strong and I still have 13 weeks to go till my 50k.  If we get the same weather we had last year (and not the 75* we had the year before!), then I think some really good things could happen.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Baboon

delicate flower

I just wondered because McMillan has something called a steady state run, which is faster than his easy range.

This will be slower than a McMillan steady state run...probably on the faster end of a McMillan easy run.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is what my coach calls MP + 10% (basically the fastest end of the easy run, almost a SS).

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 7 + PT.

And now I'm trying to decide whether to register for the Long Island Marathon or Half Marathon.  Next May!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bad day yesterday.  Got in my car to go to work and an indicator light was on.  So took it to 'my' mechanic at Fort Sam Houston.  Left it with them and while they had the car, went for a run, ending up with 3.5 miles.  However, after the run, not feeling so good..threw up a couple of times. Luckily, the med-clinic is not so far from the gym, so went there and they fit me in.  Had some kind of stomach crap going on.  They gave me some stuff to 'cleanse' my innards - kinda like prepping for a colonoscopy - and told me not to use it till I got home cuz it would  start working pretty quick.  Got my car - nothing major, thank goodness, just some stuff that needed to be done; good thing cuz my poor old Escape as 164K miles on it and I want to keep driving it until it finally falls apart, especially as it's all paid for; been a good ole vehicle for me.  Drove home, drank the stuff - yeah, they were right, it works really fast! - and then mostly slept off-and-on in my chair.  Just didn't want to do anything, not even get on the computer.  Yesterday was not a great day, lol

Felt MUCHO better this morning and off to the YMCA for an easy 3 miles, but felt so good, I did a hill route and ended up doing 4 miles instead of 3, nice.  Back at work now - and my 2 co-workers are out - is something in the Texas air? - so my boss is glad to have me back today as we have a couple of short-notice projects.  It's all good.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

Damn, Scotty.  Well, congrats anyway on the instant five pound weight loss.

<3

DavePNW

And now I'm trying to decide whether to register for the Long Island Marathon or Half Marathon.  Next May!!

why so early?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bad day yesterday.  Got in my car to go to work and an indicator light was on.  So took it to 'my' mechanic at Fort Sam Houston.  Left it with them and while they had the car, went for a run, ending up with 3.5 miles.  However, after the run, not feeling so good..threw up a couple of times. Luckily, the med-clinic is not so far from the gym, so went there and they fit me in.  Had some kind of stomach crap going on.  They gave me some stuff to 'cleanse' my innards - kinda like prepping for a colonoscopy - and told me not to use it till I got home cuz it would  start working pretty quick.  Got my car - nothing major, thank goodness, just some stuff that needed to be done; good thing cuz my poor old Escape as 164K miles on it and I want to keep driving it until it finally falls apart, especially as it's all paid for; been a good ole vehicle for me.  Drove home, drank the stuff - yeah, they were right, it works really fast! - and then mostly slept off-and-on in my chair.  Just didn't want to do anything, not even get on the computer.  Yesterday was not a great day, lol

Felt MUCHO better this morning and off to the YMCA for an easy 3 miles, but felt so good, I did a hill route and ended up doing 4 miles instead of 3, nice.  Back at work now - and my 2 co-workers are out - is something in the Texas air? - so my boss is glad to have me back today as we have a couple of short-notice projects.  It's all good.

Ugh.  Glad you feel better.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

why so early?

Because registration just opened, so it's on my mind.  (Early bird fees end in November.)

chasing the impossible

StepbyStep-SH

Non-running day. Strength training class at lunch, martial arts class this evening.

Scratch that. Keeping DS home from school, so I may instead do a short run this evening and some kind of strength training circuit here at home.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Because registration just opened, so it's on my mind.  (Early bird fees end in November.)

So is it mainly a money-saving thing, or do the races fill up, or do you just like to register early?

I can never pull the trigger that far in advance.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

So is it mainly a money-saving thing, or do the races fill up, or do you just like to register early?

I can never pull the trigger that far in advance.

All about the money, yo.    (I usually hate registering so far in advance, too.  Not sure why I do it for this race.)

It's annoying, though, because right now it's $60 for the full and $50 for the half.  I'll probably end up doing what I did last year... I registered for the half and then paid a $10 upgrade fee at the expo to bump up to the full.

chasing the impossible

onemile

All about the money, yo.    (I usually hate registering so far in advance, too.  Not sure why I do it for this race.)

It's annoying, though, because right now it's $60 for the full and $50 for the half.  I'll probably end up doing what I did last year... I registered for the half and then paid a $10 upgrade fee at the expo to bump up to the full.

Except when you end up DNSing and lose the entire fee.  I've done that enough times that I quit signing up too far in advance.

bluerun

Super B****

Except when you end up DNSing and lose the entire fee.  I've done that enough times that I quit signing up too far in advance.

I guess I've been lucky -- I've only lost money once for a DNS, because it was an NYRR race.  All the others were NYCRUNS races, and members get to defer races.

Besides... I AM NOT GOING TO GET INJURED.  (Well, more injured.)  I refuse.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Amazingly I think I have only DNS'd once, Detroit Marathon 2 years ago. That one you have to sign up early because they cut off registrations about 6 weeks before the race. And it was the fall after Boston 2013, so demand was huge & they filled up way early. But fortunately they allowed transferring your registration. It was actually a neat system, you didn't need to know the person but just had to get their email address. (Maybe it's common, IDK.) You would enter their email address into your online registration page, the race would send them an email, they would register, and as soon as the race got their registration fee, your money was refunded. Because it was full - all I had to do was post on the race FB page that I had a bib available, and I got a PM about 15 min later from someone with their email address.

Dave