Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

Hey.

Think Imma pull out the big bike and cruise into work on two wheels for the first second time this year, a sure sign that spring has finally sprung.

What's up with you today yo?

happylily

Vroom, vroom, vroom!!!! Enjoy the ride, LRB!

SO has the stomach bug I had last Sunday. Poor guy... We're both lucky we didn't get it next weekend, though. I have an 8 hour bus ride on Saturday and he has a national rifle competition in Quebec City. Wouldn't have been pretty...

Aside from that... OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I'm not tapering, but I'm tapering in my head anyway and I feel weird. My bag isn't ready, yet and I haven't converted into US$ (bunch of thieves...). I plan on wearing shoes which have over 200 miles on them (that's all I have) and a new singlet with this year marked on it. How tacky and wild is that? And I feel sick to my stomach once again just thinking about it all...

8-10 miles after work tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Hello now then!  I had a pile of asparagus with dinner last night, so I have been "enjoying" that ever since.  Speaking of taper, I'm starting to feel those little aches and pains creeping in, which is a good thing.  I've got a very easy recovery run to do later, which Coach says needs to be "embarrassingly slow."

It is April 15....Tax Day.  It'll be nice to get my wife back.  Smile

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What's up Rick? How much of that chocolate were you able to eat, this morning after the gym I stopped by CVS and bought one pack of the 86% and one pack of the 72%, I tried to eat a whole square of the 86% but it's tough.

Rocky definitely seems to have his groove back, maybe those 4 days off really helped him or the lack of humidity and slightly cooler morning temps are helping... and I know that won't last very long  But we got to enjoy 5.4 miles this morning at a 10 min/mile pace, except for my thighs chafing.. which now sucks damn it.

After the run, I headed to the gym for what ended up being an hour and 5 minutes focusing on the back. I am already feeling the workout, and I love the soreness or as some of the "body builders" on bodybuilding.com say - "the pump".

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX10reps, 65lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 65lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 75lbsX8reps

One Arm Dumbbell Row: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps

Underhand Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX10reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX11reps

Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 65lbsX10reps, 75lbsX8reps

Seated Cable Row: 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX10reps, 75lbsX8reps

Attacked the One Arm Dumbbell Row again: 45lbsX8reps, 50lbsX6reps, 45lbsX8reps, 50lbsX6reps, 45lbsX10reps

Machine Lat Pull Down: 100lbsX12reps, 105lbsX8reps, 100lbsX12reps, 105lbsX8reps, 100lbsX12reps, 105lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

This morning was a first for me. I got up with my alarm, got dressed, even ate a small muffin for breakfast, and was standing at the door, shoes on and keys in my hand ... and said "Screw it." Took off my shoes, took out my contacts, and crawled back into bed to sleep for another hour and a half.

My justification: allergy/sinus junk that's been bugging me, a fairly active day yesterday, and not wanting to make my knee sore before spending the morning tromping around in a marsh in heavy boots with my son's class on a field trip.

I will do my PT exercises later today, and probably either a walk or bike ride if I'm feeling up to it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 5 miles tonight.  I woke up with a bad migraine and I already threw up once.  I am at the office with a face that will gather no friends today.  LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But at least the staff missed me.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Feel better soon Damaris.

Me? Is gorgeous outside and a Rest day so I might go geocaching. It's so gorgeous I'm starting to freak. It better not be this warm and nice on race day. I needz me some cool weather and clouds. Clouds are this girls friend.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

cjones1

Speaking of taper, I'm starting to feel those little aches and pains creeping in, which is a good thing.  

So that's normal?  Thank goodness.  Everything hurts, not bad, but just enough for me to notice it.  And I'm barely running half of your mileage.

4.3 easy miles this morning.  I've begun the weather stalking.  Temps look good (mid 40's to mid 50's), but a chance of rain and I don't like what I'm seeing for wind (25mph gusts).  Of course it is accuweather, so it will probably be 85 and sunny. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

So that's normal?  Thank goodness.  Everything hurts, not bad, but just enough for me to notice it.  And I'm barely running half of your mileage.

Aches and pains are normal in a taper, as are some very sluggish runs.  That is your body repairing some of the damage you've done from training.

<3

Hip Redux

URD

delicate flower

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk after work yesterday at Joint Base Fort Sam Houston.  78 degrees, sunny, blue skies, low humidity and dewpoint.  Ended up doing my 'dog alley' route and going for 5K distance.   My back was bothering me before I ran and then when I did run, something 'popped' and it suddenly felt better, go figure.  So a nice bonus to my run there.   Today I am leaving work early for an appointment and then will get in a run/walk at Randolph Air Force Base.  Again, nice and sunny, and a tad warmer than yesterday, with today's temps around 82.  Tomorrow, we are supposedly getting rain moving in for the next two days, oh yippee.  Hope it goes away for my 5K on Saturday morning.

Also, Fiesta San Antonio has started, so lots of events all over town for the next 10 days...parades, Night In Old San Antonio (3 nights of party, music, booze, and food), jazz music at Taste of New Orleans, and lots more..  Check out the Fiesta San Antonio website:   http://www.fiesta-sa.org/ - and then come on down one year for the Fiesta.  Besides the parades, etc., there are also about 4 races done during this time too..Fiesta Missions 5K/10K,  Wildflower 5K/10K, Fiesta Especial 5K, Fiesta Fandango 2.6 Mile Fun Run (you run the parade route in front of THOUSANDS of spectators), and so forth.  Y'all come visit, ya hear? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

Going to give running a try tonight. Its the nicest day of the next several. I can walk downstairs without wincing, so that's a plus.

Step, allergies suck. Sounds like you'll be plenty active.

Cjones, AccuWeather is always great for pre-race weather stress.

Docket, feel better.

Scotty, one of my coworkers is moving to San Antonio. I told her I was jealous from what I've seen in your posts.

Zelanie

Hi guys.  I was too happy over the weekend, and just woke up crabby yesterday and didn't run.  I had a RD coming anyway, so I will catch up today. Smile