Beginners and Beyond

The Equalizer 6, 12, and 24 hour Endurance Runs Oct 26- Crazies and crew needed and welcomed! (Read 182 times)

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

You know, it was actually a really pretty park!  The eagles were awesome.  And hey, Starbucks wasn't too far away either.  I sat and drank a beer at sunset and looked out at the lake.

Really though, the company was the best part.  Smile

It certainly was! There's no way I could have done it on my own!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

RabbitChaser

You know, it was actually a really pretty park!  The eagles were awesome.  And hey, Starbucks wasn't too far away either.  I sat and drank a beer at sunset and looked out at the lake.

Really though, the company was the best part.  Smile

Couldn't agree more!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Oh, I like this one! it's close, it's on my birthday, and it wouldn't be only twenty degrees overnight! (plus, based on last year's results I could have been the individual female winner!)

EDIT: My daughter and I just signed up!

You guys doing as individuals or the 2 person relay?

BTW Runny_babbit, where are you from to call this 1 close?

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

You guys doing as individuals or the 2 person relay?

BTW Runny_babbit, where are you from to call this 1 close?

We're signing up as individuals. I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Valpo is only about an hour away, so pretty close relatively speaking.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Just a shameless bump to keep this event in everyone's mind!  I'd like to see a bunch of us there!

Relentless forward progress

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

and another shameless bump. The more the merrier!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Still looking for people to join the crazy train!

*nudge nudge*

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Evil bump

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

*nudge*

--  I do love 24 hour races.  Well, at least I think I do since I plan to sign up for several of em this year!   --- My 2013 calendar is pretty slap full, but maybe I consider this for 2014?  In a nutshell, what is the best part of this race?  (I can see one great thing is that alot of familiar RW and RA faces will be in attendance :-) .  Someone talk me into looking at Equalizer for 2014.... it won't take much arm-twisting...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

StepbyStep-SH

--  I do love 24 hour races.  Well, at least I think I do since I plan to sign up for several of em this year!   --- My 2013 calendar is pretty slap full, but maybe I consider this for 2014?  In a nutshell, what is the best part of this race?  (I can see one great thing is that alot of familiar RW and RA faces will be in attendance :-) .  Someone talk me into looking at Equalizer for 2014.... it won't take much arm-twisting...

Obviously, the best part last year was the RW/RA crew!

Beyond that, I would say what I liked best was that the course was long enough to keep from being too mind-numbingly boring (with the lighted bridge, eagle sightings, and lots of people out strolling to help break up monotony), but still short enough that you passed the aid area every two miles. Heated bathrooms are also a nice plus in late October. And the volunteers were always smiling, despite spending hours standing around in the cold (it dropped below freezing that night).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

And let's not forget about the wine and beer tasting, the broken chairs, and the kinky stuff!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

OMG!  I almost forgot about the chair!!!

Relentless forward progress

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

OMG!  I almost forgot about the chair!!!

LOL.  Yes, poor Mandy...breaking chairs left and right.  I really need to lose some weight...  Wink

Running is dumb.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

What was this thread doing all the way back at page 4???

*kicks it to the front*