Beginners and Beyond

Grant me strength TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

My 10k Saturday is out & back. No idea of wind forecast, but hopefully a tailwind in the back portion. It's actually going across a brand new bridge; also no idea of elevation.

Dave

onemile

My 10k Saturday is out & back. No idea of wind forecast, but hopefully a tailwind in the back portion. It's actually going across a brand new bridge; also no idea of elevation.

Way to be prepared.

LRB

I didn't register for it yet so skipping it seems like the most logical choice.

I didn't say I would that. The double loop course may actually play into your favor with the wind more so than if it was a straight out and back or a four corners course.

Cyberic

LRB

Way to be prepared.

lol - He certainly doesn't pay attention to the rest of us!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is obvious I don't pay any attention either.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Elevation should be known prior to registration.  Also, one should know about where they'll place in the field prior to registration.

<3

LRB

onemile

I didn't say I would that. The double loop course may actually play into your favor with the wind more so than if it was a straight out and back or a four corners course.

This loop is so long and skinny it's almost an out and back.

But I need everything in my favor to run a sub-20 so I don't know if it pays to do it.  Especially since it means cutting down training this week to be fresh for it.

I emailed Addie to ask.

LRB

This loop is so long and skinny it's almost an out and back.

But I need everything in my favor to run a sub-20 so I don't know if it pays to do it.  Especially since it means cutting down training this week to be fresh for it.

I emailed Addie to ask.

It sucks to be at the mercy of the weather gods. If you plan to race it the conditions will be wild, if you plan to skip it they will be mild!

I'm just speaking for me but when I was where you are I raced every two weeks, rain or shine.

onemile

I'm just speaking for me but when I was where you are I raced every two weeks, rain or shine.

Ugh.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

6.1 miles in 28 degrees, 7000' elevation, and the wrong clothes. My feet got soaked because of slushy snow but at least I had my headband ear warmer thing. I was cold!

LRB

Ugh.

I think the worst that year was a 5k on like June 12 that was something stupid like *75 degrees at the start!

*not Damaris stupid, LRB stupid.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sunday's Atlantic City weather forecast from the weather channel: sunny, high 47, winds WNW 25-35 mph gusting to 40mph. Race is out and back, sort of running north to south on the first part. It's not straight north to south, despite the fact that on the out, the Atlantic Ocean is to my left, which usually indicates due east. Guess it isn't exact.

SIAR, hope you heel up.

Scottydawg, ouch, that looks super painful. Thank you for taking a close up 

onemile

Sunday's Atlantic City weather forecast from the weather channel: sunny, high 47, winds WNW 25-35 mph gusting to 40mph. Race is out and back, sort of running north to south on the first part. It's not straight north to south, despite the fact that on the out, the Atlantic Ocean is to my left, which usually indicates due east. Guess it isn't exact.

Is this a half marathon?