Beginners and Beyond

Telodynamic Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

telodynamic of, like or pertaining to transmission of power to a distance

Everyone sleeping in today?    If you are running today or biking or walking or whatever, I hope your 'transmission of power" takes you strongly over whatever distance you have planned!

Today is my 'hot run' of the week.  Will run after work in a local park.  Temp will only be 93 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of only 96, so for Texas in June that is not too bad at all.   Humidity will only be 46%.  However, the Dewpoint will be 69, not too bad either.  I found this "simplex" dewpoint chart online that I use for my outside activities.  It's not very 'technical' but it works for me to see what my miles may feel like when I get out there.

Dew point °F

and Human Perception

Higher than 80 °F

Severely high. Even deadly for asthma related illnesses

75–80 °F

Extremely uncomfortable, fairly oppressive

70–74 °F

Very humid, quite uncomfortable

65–69 °F

Somewhat uncomfortable for most people at upper edge

60–64 °F

OK for most, but all perceive the humidity at upper edge

55–59 °F

Comfortable

50–54 °F

Very comfortable

< 49 °F

A bit dry for some

scottydawg, enjoy the hot run.

I did 6.0 miles in 55:12 with the run club yesterday. I forgot to do ab work and push-ups.

Today, I'll do speed work, weights, and double the ab work and push-ups.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by Basya:  I forgot to do ab work and push-ups.

WHAT?!!!  The world is ending!

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - I would melt in your weather!

SRD, but I met a friend at the Y to try an early morning boot camp class. I had hoped for more upper body today, but it was mostly running/jumping/drills. Fun to try, though - it shows that while I'm good at running straight forward, my agility could use a little work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Looks like gremlins got a hold of the server move. I HAVE EXERCISE TO REPORT! Last night: 20 miles on the bike at 17.9 mph (fairly hard effort), then a 5K run at 9:15 pace (easy effort). This morning: 8.3 easy but hilly miles at 9:53 pace. My legs are now in "WTF mode."

<3

LRB

What up doe!

It's funny how when one sock gets a hole in it, a chain reaction of holy socks seems to follow.

7 w/ strides done in some really nice running weather, which May and June have been good that way.  It still doesn't make up for March and April, but I'll take it.

Time to do what I do, eat some shit up!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  In before the website kicks me out again.  Having on and off problems accessing since the upgrade.  Sent an email to Eric but not sure if he even got it, ha.

I was feeling OK until 5am where my stomach bursts into flames and woke me up.  I am at the office complaining and working, not necessarily in that order.

Damaris

LRB

Sent an email to Eric but not sure if he even got

I am sure he is busting his tail.  The world won't end...just yet anyway.  ; )

Ric-G

Scotty – stay cool out there

Basya – how dare you forget? Nice running by the way

Step – cool to go to the Y with your friend

baboon - nice work there,

LRB- don’t get me started about socks…

D – trying to sneak in on this server

Just 3 easy this AM. Kids at basketball camp this week so mornings are thrown off. Getting ready for Saturday’s half marathon, so just easing off a bit the next couple of days. Have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Will run for scenery.

I'm feeling kind of squished between recovery from a hard run last Saturday and a race a week from this Saturday. I wish I had a little more time to train in between !

LRB - My socks double as practice rodents for my cat to hone his pouncing and disemboweling skills on.  Major gashes right in the AT area.  Be very glad you're not a sock !

Scotty - Is your weekly 'hot run' something you do on purpose, or did you lose some kind of bet ? Big grin

Nice runs everybody.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope we are back?

I feel better now.  Still working.  It was a close call this morning as to whether I had to get back home.

Damaris

Zelanie

So I went to PT last night and hopefully got some things figured out.  The recent backslide seems to have happened because my kneecap has slipped back to the outside, which aggravates the tendon.  It's now taped into place. Smile  And THAT was caused by a super tight hip flexor- he barely touched the thing and YIKES!  Plus one of my quads was really tight too.  So I got a super painful massage and electric stim, learned a new stretch, and need to roll the heck out of it this week.  But if I do all that and it doesn't hurt, I can still run on it.  Good news for me!  But today is still a RD to let everything settle down.

Looking back, this whole knee thing started right after I ran a few runs on a tight, painful hip and on tired legs.  I bet that's what pulled the kneecap out in the first place and set everything else off.  So again, I feel like I have a plan in place to get me back on the road.

DD and I also volunteered at the all ages, all abilities track meet last night.  It was fun, and I got to learn all about that popsicle stick timing that I have read about here. Smile

Hip Redux

:tap: :tap: :tap:  This thing on?

Zel - I think a TON of knee problems originate from the hip.  So I'm not too surprised that was the determination!  Hopefully you're on the right track now.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me today.  Great run.

I've been doing a lot of work and also found some time to do the photo album online for my dad.  I'll order it and have it shipped so they will have a great photo collection of the digital photos from the wedding.  Shutterfly does a great job Smile

Marjorie