Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES without cartoons (Read 29 times)

LRB

Ran 9 at a comfortable easy pace, without caring about HR or pace.

Yeah but what was it? How did it compare to your cap and what are your thoughts on the effort versus the number? These things must be answered yo!

DavePNW

Hoping the weather turns to better for Baboon!

+1.

Honey, I'm home! Just got back from my 7-day Alaskan cruise. It was awesome. Wifi on the ship cost a fortune, so pretty much stayed off RA.

Kept up the running though - ended up doing 60-90 min every day, although did not worry about the plan, just did easy runs. There was enough downtime when at sea, and not that much interesting to do on the ship. Aside from that first morning on the treadmill, the rest of the time was on the deck track. It actually ended up being pretty nice, despite being only 300m. Weather was typically 50's & breezy, and most of the trip was through the Inside Passage - meaning instead of being in the middle of the ocean, the view was of breathtakingly beautiful Alaskan coastline. Usually I was the only one using the track, only saw a handful of others running on it. But despite a 3-ft wide strip painted red, others hanging out on deck were totally oblivious. So it was pretty much an obstacle course, with a steady stream of "excuse me's".

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 easy miles. Nothing says peaceful Saturday morning like gunfire.

Cyberic

Yeah but what was it? How did it compare to your cap and what are your thoughts on the effort versus the number? These things must be answered yo!

Yesterday,

avg HR: 125, 65% HRR, 75% Max HR

avg pace 8:31

distance: 8,1 miles

Today,

avg HR: 131, 69% HRR, 78% Max HR

avg pace: 8:04

distance: 9.1 miles

Thoughts:

Pace vs HR ratio looks better/optimal when you feel comfortable. But it's also unfair to compare yesterday's run with today's as yesterday was the day after a 9 miles MP run. I'll have to look in a few of my books to see what is considered easy in terms of % Max HR, or % HRR as I have no idea right now.

MTA:

Daniels has Easy as 65 to 78% Max HR

Pfitz has it as below 76% Max HR or below 70% HRR.

Pfitz qualifies the HRR method as "more complicated but more precise" as opposed to the max HR method, as HRR considers your resting HR also.

MTA2:

I always knew my easy runs were on the faster end of what is generally considered easy. But I feel like my form gets bad when I run slow. I just don't like it.

Cyberic

+1.

Honey, I'm home! Just got back from my 7-day Alaskan cruise. It was awesome. Wifi on the ship cost a fortune, so pretty much stayed off RA.

Kept up the running though - ended up doing 60-90 min every day, although did not worry about the plan, just did easy runs. There was enough downtime when at sea, and not that much interesting to do on the ship. Aside from that first morning on the treadmill, the rest of the time was on the deck track. It actually ended up being pretty nice, despite being only 300m. Weather was typically 50's & breezy, and most of the trip was through the Inside Passage - meaning instead of being in the middle of the ocean, the view was of breathtakingly beautiful Alaskan coastline. Usually I was the only one using the track, only saw a handful of others running on it. But despite a 3-ft wide strip painted red, others hanging out on deck were totally oblivious. So it was pretty much an obstacle course, with a steady stream of "excuse me's".

How did you calculate distance? Lap counts? Or watch accelerometer?

LRB

Yeah no shit, as if running doesn't kill our financial accounts on its own. lol

LRB

Yesterday,

avg HR: 125, 65% HRR, 75% Max HR

avg pace 8:31

distance: 8,1 miles

Today,

avg HR: 131, 69% HRR, 78% Max HR

avg pace: 8:04

distance: 9.1 miles

Thoughts:

Pace vs HR ratio looks better/optimal when you feel comfortable. But it's also unfair to compare yesterday's run with today's as yesterday was the day after a 9 miles MP run. I'll have to look in a few of my books to see what is considered easy in terms of % Max HR, or % HRR as I have no idea right now.

MTA:

Daniels has Easy as 65 to 78% Max HR

Pfitz has it as below 76% Max HR or below 70% HRR.

Pfitz qualifies the HRR method as "more complicated but more precise" as opposed to the max HR method, as HRR considers your resting HR also.

MTA2:

I always knew my easy runs were on the faster end of what is generally considered easy. But I feel like my form gets bad when I run slow. I just don't like it.

Yeah, although my effort really doesn't really change much, my form and stride are drastically different once I am warmed up as opposed to those first few miles of stiff suck. lol

Anyway, that you have come this far, I think a quality run by HR is in order. What are your thoughts about that?

Cyberic

Anyway, that you have come this far, I think a quality run by HR is in order. What are your thoughts about that?

I dunno. My race is gonna be pace based, so HR range running does not help integrate pace.

I might run like I usually do, but analyze HR data afterwards. But I'm going to start working again on Monday, and might have less time for pointless data analysis like that.

What I do like about wearing the strap is the watch's recovery advisor, and VO2Max estimator. After my 9 miles at MP run on Thursday, the watch gave me a 3 days recovery advisory, which fits perfectly with the plan, as my long run is on Sunday. I don't follow it religiously, but during the Intervals phase of the plan, there was not enough recovery time between Tuesday's and Thursday's workouts, and sure enough, my VO2Max value on the watch dropped by a lot, and I was very tired. Too tired for what my runs were. So I think the watch does a decent job giving me tips on how much I'm exerting myself.

Brilliant

I didn't realize there was already one. I feel stupid.

#idiot

I think there is only one stalking thread.  In "other stalking thread", "other" refers to the other thread which happens to be a stalking one, not another stalking thread....am I confusing both of us even more?

Back from my run.  I only ran 10.93 but I'm rounding up to 11.

DavePNW

I only ran 10.93 but I'm rounding up to 11.

The Spinal Tap method.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The schedule said intervals, but the weather (81 F - 71 DP), and my experience running in it said fuck that shit. So I ran 7 easy under the blooming onion instead, and it could not have ended any sooner!

I am really torn about this weekend's workout (as to moving it tomorrow or not doing it at all). On the one hand, I need to start blistering my lungs. On the other, running in this crap last year did nothing but sap me of strength and confidence, hindered recovery, and left me demoralized.

I thought about moving it to the belt, but I have never done that in the summer. I guess I'll just sleep on it.

I went through all that. Choose the TM rather than skipping it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was just driving to the city I lived for 22 years. I don't recognize shit since we have gone through it since we left 12 years ago. Oops.

Damaris

DavePNW

How did you calculate distance? Lap counts? Or watch accelerometer?

Figured pretty quickly that counting laps was going to be a huge PITA. So, just ran by time (60, 75, or 90 min), and made an educated guess on mileage. Decided not to stress about it too much, ended up getting in much more than expected.

5 today, ironically the shortest run of the week.

Dave

LRB

Figured pretty quickly that counting laps was going to be a huge PITA. So, just ran by time (60, 75, or 90 min), and made an educated guess on mileage. Decided not to stress about it too much, ended up getting in much more than expected.

I've done that. You can get pretty close on guessing the distance run, enough that it doesn't matter much one way or the other.

Cyberic

Figured pretty quickly that counting laps was going to be a huge PITA. So, just ran by time (60, 75, or 90 min), and made an educated guess on mileage. Decided not to stress about it too much, ended up getting in much more than expected.

Yeah, guessing will do in those circumstances. You pretty much know what your pace average was from your effort.