Beginners and Beyond

The 1st Fridailies (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

I'd give you a 80% chance that you'd regret that decision.

lol. What kind of rabbit hole would I be falling into? I am on FB but have managed to avoid it taking over my life, or getting too worked up over stuff. I am a pretty passive user and have a relatively small friends list. I have pretty much stayed away from any other social media sites.

Dave

LRB

My running jacket is extremely light yet blocks the wind. This allows it to capture the heat I generate running so I don't have to over dress under it, while not being so heavy that wearing it generates too much heat.

I don't like wearing base layers while running because then I'll sweat like a pig, which would mean getting wet while running in sub-freezing temperatures.  Loose tech tops work best for me because they keep me "cool", while the jacket keeps me warm.

DavePNW

Oh, and apparently this is how to describe some of the major social media platforms.

Dave

I do not have an account, but I need to sign up so I can keep track of what my son lawyermom is up to.

FYP.  Spoiler alert, it's running and eating.  Baboon, I only do FB for a running group and a group of moms, the rest of it is total bullshit stupid and I hate it.  Insta is awesome, I follow a bunch of elite runners and Labradors and some friends, but only good ones.  It's running and puppies all day, every day.  Also follow @drunkpeopledoingthings and @highpeopledoingthings because they will make you laugh your butt off.

URD.  My hip started to finally feel better yesterday evening, but not great when I woke up, so better to take one rest day now than 2 weeks later.  But I still hate it, and I'm antsy AF.

Baboon

delicate flower

It dawned on my that the majority of my facebook posts are photos, so I thought why I don't I post on Instagram since the entire thing is photos?

<3

It dawned on my that the majority of my facebook posts are photos, so I thought why I don't I post on Instagram since the entire thing is photos?

There you go Grasshopper.

sdWhiskers

Agreed.

My issue is that we live on the west coast and every single family member lives on the East coast. So there's guilt because everyone wants to see kid pictures and most are on FB, not so much Instagram.

From the Internet.

I have a whole crew of friends that I met through Facebook so I still use it a fair amount, but I also post photos to Instagram and share to Facebook. That way my whole family gets to enjoy my beer and cat photo collection even if they aren't on Insta!

KCRuns

All my stuff on FB is photos as well, with a few running and reading groups.  I far prefer Instagram, because it's lots of pretty pictures without too much commentary.  I post mostly sunrise running photos, which makes me happy.

I also just went and followed all 3 of LM's Insta suggestions.  I'm expecting to be entertained now.

Baboon

delicate flower

My race is Sunday.  This never happens.  Still plenty of time for that window to shift!  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice Miami Winter weather you're having, Baboon....

Something exploded near my house and we have had no power since noon.  Being that it's 95F outside, I assume I'll get home at 4:30pm to an oven for a house.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Something exploded near my house and we have had no power since noon.  Being that it's 95F outside, I assume I'll get home at 4:30pm to an oven for a house.

I hope your cats will be OK in such a hot house.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12

Baboon

delicate flower

Dew point around 50 tho.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dew point around 50 tho.

Damn, that's a great dewpoint.

Damaris

Yeah I don’t do FB...too much nobsense. Instagram is way better. I don’t post a ton...just some running and coffee stuff.  if anyone wants to look me up I’m

jason_benham on there.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???