Beginners and Beyond

Recovery Sundailies (Read 32 times)

LRB

I ran, and decided to make my 14 miler interesting and took to the track.  The cushy track is also easier on my tired body.  I did 400, 800, 1200, 1600, repeated four times, with 400 recoveries.  I ran them all at what felt like a "medium effort."  Garmin says I ran a HM in 1:32:47, which would be my fastest in my last five attempts.  Too bad training runs don't count.  Anyway, 14 miles at 7:08 avg.  Good run.

What'd the hell you run your recoveries at? 7:15s??

Baboon

delicate flower

What'd the hell you run your recoveries at? 7:15s??

Yeah, those weren't true "recoveries" since I wasn't exactly hammering the intervals.  I simply ran the recoveries a little easier...probably in the 7:30-7:45 pace.

<3

LRB

16 today; cruised through some rolling hills at a decent clip, hit a long hill climb toward the end and then a big headwind once I got to the top of that climb - happy enough to jog it in the last couple miles from there and call it a day. Accidentally deleted the activity in the importer thingy, so I had to download the file from Garmin Connect and lost all the lap data, boo :C

Shower, compression socks, and food are next on the agenda (already poured a bowl of cereal with strawberries into my face but I need something else!).

SO weird to think that the next time I see 15-16 will be during the marathon, and then I probably won't run that far for at least a month or so after that!

This cannot happen. Ever!

Nice run.

LRB

Yeah, those weren't true "recoveries" since I wasn't exactly hammering the intervals.  I simply ran the recoveries a little easier...probably in the 7:30-7:45 pace.

Awesome.

Baboon

delicate flower

Heading into a very tough week - a 6x1000, a 15 MLR, a 20 LR, 70 total. To be followed by what is considered the start of taper. But for Pfitz, that includes a 12 MLR, a race, a 17 LR, 58 total.

Jesus.    Reading shit like this makes me not miss marathon training.  But, fall will come....

<3

Cyberic

16 today; cruised through some rolling hills at a decent clip, hit a long hill climb toward the end and then a big headwind once I got to the top of that climb - happy enough to jog it in the last couple miles from there and call it a day. Accidentally deleted the activity in the importer thingy, so I had to download the file from Garmin Connect and lost all the lap data, boo :C

Shower, compression socks, and food are next on the agenda (already poured a bowl of cereal with strawberries into my face but I need something else!).

SO weird to think that the next time I see 15-16 will be during the marathon, and then I probably won't run that far for at least a month or so after that!

I don't know if it's true with all watches, but I'm pretty sure I can get the .fit file in the watch if I hook the charging cable to the computer. Maybe it's not worth the hassle, but just saying.

DavePNW

So for a three week taper, the first week is about the same as a normal week but with 10 miles less. Makes sense. It is also what I did this week Smile

Right. A lot of people say a 3-week taper is too long, so I like to share what the first week of that actually look like. Really a 2-week taper imo.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

So at the track today, I paused at the 8.5 mile mark to have a gel and a swig of water.  Some young lady, probably mid-20's, was out for a run and asked if there was a water fountain close by.  I told her I didn't know, but she was free to have some of mine if she wasn't afraid of my cooties.  I had only taken a sip.  So, I told her to unscrew the top and have at it.  So she did.  Is that weird, for either of us?  Me offering a stranger my water, and her drinking from a stranger's water bottle?  I dunno...I figure we're just a couple of runners and it's all good.

<3

DavePNW

I don't know if it's true with all watches, but I'm pretty sure I can get the .fit file in the watch if I hook the charging cable to the computer. Maybe it's not worth the hassle, but just saying.

Yes. The data is in there to be had, unless you deleted it off the watch, which I'm sure you didn't.

I'd do it for a big run like that.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Yep.  I've done this.  Plug the device into the computer and access the watch like it's just another file directory.  I do this when Garmin Connect is down and I am too impatient to wait for it to come back online.

<3

Runshortii

I'll take a rest day today. I'm going to take it easy this week and try to start doing some real strength training again before I start marathon training 😬

Cyberic

Baboon, I have not seen it often, as usually at least one of the two won't be up for it, but it's all good I think.

Cyberic

Right. A lot of people say a 3-week taper is too long, so I like to share what the first week of that actually look like. Really a 2-week taper imo.

I still call it a three week taper, as in the first week, you might not be in full recovery mode, but you're making sure you're not digging yourself in a hole: you're holding back a bit on the total mileage. The way I see it, Daniels, Pfitz, Hansons... they all do it this way.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rumor has it that Damaris has completed her one thousandth, six hundred and fifty seventh half marathon.

Only if you count each marathon as two half marathons.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Just noticed you signature, wcrunner. I like it.