Beginners and Beyond

Sunny for now Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

LRB

I would definitely go LS

MTA: Not sure anymore. Keep thinking Freezing Point is 37 degrees, for some reason...

Tough call, for sure.

For you, Dave and anyone else who doesn't wear arm sleeves or who runs cold, it's an LS. For me, I'm doing the banana dance because I'd get to race a marathon in arm sleeves and a singlet, something I've only been able to do twice out of 7 starts.

sdWhiskers

12 miles with fast finish. Chose a hillier route than I should have so quads were roughed up half way.  MP at the end felt like mile pace, lol

Came back to the house and DS wanted to run so back out I went. Another 1.3 miles.

Good luck tomorrow Dave and Baboon!!

From the Internet.

Just a little 45 min run today. I really REALLY would have liked to run more but I will take that as a good omen for feeling fresh for tomorrow's 5k.

Good luck Dave and Boon! Go kick some marathon ass!!

From the Internet.

Oh hey and today is day 250 of run streak! Snowstorms are my only concern re: keeping this thing going in the winter, but I can probably manage to slog a single mile even on the worst days.

DavePNW

Oh hey and today is day 250 of run streak! Snowstorms are my only concern re: keeping this thing going in the winter, but I can probably manage to slog a single mile even on the worst days.

Congrats! Mine will end Monday at 149.

Dave

DavePNW

3 mile shakeout.

For you, Dave and anyone else who doesn't wear arm sleeves or who runs cold, it's an LS. For me, I'm doing the banana dance because I'd get to race a marathon in arm sleeves and a singlet, something I've only been able to do twice out of 7 starts.

Yes as you know I don’t do arm sleeves. Looking, back, I’ve only done two marathons in LS - my first one, and Detroit. No idea what the temp was for my first, but according to my log, Detroit was 36. Weird, in my head it was colder. Maybe there was some wind. At no point in that race do I recall wishing I had short sleeves. But I did on in SS with a start temp of 40, and I don’t ever recall wishing I had LS (except while waiting for that blasted thing to start). So it could go either way.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, do you have a LS you don't care for? If you have one that you could start with and then toss if you're too warm.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My trifecta of races were muddy, wet and cold and super technical. Lots of fun. Was slow but apparently not as much as others. 5th in my AG of 23!  Mary finished 2nd.

Damaris

KCRuns

Good luck tomorrow, Baboon, DaveP, Lauren and anyone else racing!

it’s raining, windy and cold, so I headed to the gym today. 4.2 on the treadmill and then the weight machine circuit. 

Cyberic

Ran more than 8, less than 9, with some hills.

Jogged to the hill.  There I went 1 full hill (~45s), then 4 x 15s hill sprints, then 1 full hill. Went for a jog to eliminate some lactic acid, then went back to the hill and did 3 sprints (or 4?), then jogged back.

Got to take advantage of the hill while it's not slippery at all, even though temps were in single digits.

onemile

Ran more than 8, less than 9, with some hills.

Jogged to the hill.  There I went 1 full hill (~45s), then 4 x 15s hill sprints, then 1 full hill. Went for a jog to eliminate some lactic acid, then went back to the hill and did 3 sprints (or 4?), then jogged back.

Got to take advantage of the hill while it's not slippery at all, even though temps were in single digits.

Single digits in F or C??

Cyberic

Single digits in F or C??

I don't talk C to you guys. Farenheit. You have this weird system nobody uses since the 1970s, but you're cool people, and you have a nice forum, so I convert in my head to some approximation and say that. If I'm wrong, it's ok since I'm just the nice French Canadian doing his best 

In short, it was pretty cold

onemile

I don't talk C to you guys. Farenheit. You have this weird system nobody uses since the 1970s, but you're cool people, and you have a nice forum, so I convert in my head to some approximation and say that. If I'm wrong, it's ok since I'm just the nice French Canadian doing his best 

In short, it was pretty cold

It's been in the 30s here most days. Pretty decent for running when it's not crazy windy and raining (like today)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I just discovered that the race was postponed to 12/14, now I don't feel bad!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I don't talk C to you guys. Farenheit. You have this weird system nobody uses since the 1970s,

Yes, we're all jacked up.

I still don't know what 3k is but I've been using 1.8 miles for 2k. I plan to run workouts using both distances next season which should help get it through my head, finally.