Beginners and Beyond

Sunny for now Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

GinnyinPA

Dave - Nice goodie bag. Good luck tomorrow.  One issue with LS vs. SS - do you cool down later in a long run? I often start out cold, warm up after a mile or two, then after a while I get cold again as my energy gets depleted. With gloves or arm warmers it's easy to take them off and put them back on, but shirts are a bit harder.

Lauren and Baboon - have fun with your races.

Freesoul - how did you get in so deep? Fall off the bridge? Your pup doesn't look all that happy to be so wet.

I ran 13 this afternoon. Cloudy and 43, so nice for this time of year.

DavePNW

Dave - Nice goodie bag. Good luck tomorrow.  One issue with LS vs. SS - do you cool down later in a long run? I often start out cold, warm up after a mile or two, then after a while I get cold again as my energy gets depleted. With gloves or arm warmers it's easy to take them off and put them back on, but shirts are a bit harder.

One of the reasons I’m leaning towards LS. Sometimes I warm up & then get cold again. I plan on gloves, may take them off, but will keep them with me.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Especially since you didn't bother to mention you were taking a DNS today. It's not like we would've executed you or some shit. lol

I posted on pge 1!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lauren and Baboon - have fun with your races.

Freesoul - how did you get in so deep? Fall off the bridge? Your pup doesn't look all that happy to be so wet.

I ran 13 this afternoon. Cloudy and 43, so nice for this time of year.

Lol oh not there, I just took that pic. Though Jetta did slip quite a bit around that section.

We were running a downhill section to the bottom where it begins to go up, well there was some water and before I realized it was pretty damn deep, we were already in it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I posted on pge 1!!!!

It says nothing about there being a race today that you weren't running, just some garble about being an introvert which most in internet "chat rooms" are so that wasn't saying anything.

sdWhiskers

One of the reasons I’m leaning towards LS. Sometimes I warm up & then get cold again. I plan on gloves, may take them off, but will keep them with me.

Yes me too. Threw away my gloves at CIM last year but then desperately needed them again at halfway. Ended up picking up a pair off the road to use for the second half. Gross but warmer. I won't make that mistake again!

I'd do the long sleeve.

What's the goal??

Cyberic

I never get black shirts, and they're the nicest.

Good luck to you, Baboon and all the racers tomorrow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It says nothing about there being a race today that you weren't running, just some garble about being an introvert which most in internet "chat rooms" are so that wasn't saying anything.

I mentioned this race sometime last week then I posted about this race earlier this week, about how I wouldn't be able to PR. Hell I even mentioned Tuesday or Wednesday that I had just realized I didn't register for it and got right on that 🤬

PRs

DavePNW

Yes me too. Threw away my gloves at CIM last year but then desperately needed them again at halfway. Ended up picking up a pair off the road to use for the second half. Gross but warmer. I won't make that mistake again!

I'd do the long sleeve.

What's the goal??

I was thinking exactly of your story when I wrote that.

Goal is 3:20, but [insert random excuses here].

Dave