Beginners and Beyond

Foot in Mouth Disease FriDAILIES (Read 41 times)

DavePNW

In a bizarre coincidence, my wife apparently just bought this book.

In the mean time, chance of rain has now drropped from 100% to 20%. Yay? I'm suspicious.

Dave

Cyberic

And if Boston race logistics don't look like enough of a PITA, it seems NYCM is way, way worse. (Sour grapes much?)

Yikes 

LRB

It's YOUR marathon!

Thank you. It was my exact response to that!

LRB

Doesn't help me much, I don't see 1:32 anywhere in my future. Looks like it's 1:36 for 55, which would make my best shot 2020. I have honestly never thought about NYCM, but maybe because I was never close. And if Boston race logistics don't look like enough of a PITA, it seems NYCM is way, way worse. (Sour grapes much?)

The way I look at it is 50,000+ other people are doing it, so I can. It's the way I looked at Boston as well, but that doesn't work for everyone, of course.

LRB

Are you planning to do any HMP workouts?

Your PR is pretty close

Yes, I have something scheduled. Hopefully by then the picture will become clearer. For now, my realistic race pace remains unknown.

LRB

I had a massage. I asked her to focus on my glutes, AHHHH!. 

onemile

The way I look at it is 50,000+ other people are doing it, so I can. It's the way I looked at Boston as well, but that doesn't work for everyone, of course.

I figure, it's an experience and I'm more likely to regret not doing it.  And it's kind of a limited opportunity sort of thing... if you have the chance to do it better to err on the side of doing it.

onemile

In a bizarre coincidence, my wife apparently just bought this book.

In the mean time, chance of rain has now drropped from 100% to 20%. Yay? I'm suspicious.

20% chance? That's nothing

DavePNW

20% chance? That's nothing

I know. If it showed this before, I would never have even mentioned it. Just suspicious if it went from 100 to 20 so fast, it can go back just as quickly.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I had a little accident on the way home from work.  Oops?

Hey, at least you don't have to pay for the NYCM lottery anymore!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I figure, it's an experience and I'm more likely to regret not doing it.  And it's kind of a limited opportunity sort of thing... if you have the chance to do it better to err on the side of doing it.

I hear people talking about Boston all the time, but not so much of NYCM. Maybe because it's more difficult to get in to NYCM? But I thought it was because there was not as much hype around it.

onemile

I hear people talking about Boston all the time, but not so much of NYCM. Maybe because it's more difficult to get in to NYCM? But I thought it was because there was not as much hype around it.

I would say qualifying for it is not hyped but the marathon itself is... 50,000 people run it and only 20% of those who enter the lottery get in. That seems like a lot of hype..

LRB

I had a little accident on the way home from work.  Oops?

Hey, at least you don't have to pay for the NYCM lottery anymore!

New magic, or blue magic?

bluerun

Super B****

New magic, or blue magic?

Not magic, I don't think... but I can't get the T7 anymore so I figured I'd try its replacement.  (It helped that I had a 20% off coupon from when I went to the Paragon Warehouse Sale.  I have another one waiting... oh dear.)  Assuming I don't hate them, I'll probably wear them for the 10K.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Not magic, I don't think... 

WHAT?? Take them back then!