Beginners and Beyond

FallThursDailies (Read 35 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hmmm, that's interesting. I never really thought about insurance from one company being more or less in another state. I have Geico.

My zip code is in both Baltimore city and county.  Car insurance is much less in the county.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's sometimes really crazy. If living on the opposite side of the street places you in a different zip code or township or county, that can change your insurance rates, sometimes significantly.

Yeah, Miami auto (and home for that matters) insurance is higher than many other states due to the extra risk.  In the auto insurance, it's the fucking idiots on the road and numerous daily accidents.  Homeowner's is the hurricanes.

Damaris

LRB

Made me laugh!

Group run last night was fun, as were the margaritas and mexican food that followed.

Have to take my car to the dealer tonight...transmission light came on and told me to see someone immediately! It only has 11k miles on it, my car app says nothing is wrong, and it is running fine, so I can only assume it's going to be a complete waste of my time. On the plus side, I'll be up by some nice trails, so if I can get out in time I'll scoot over for a run with some new scenery.

Well, until they say it was a waste of time, because it could be something major!

Half Crazy K 2.0

SIAR, can you do the run while waiting for your car? I've done that, pretty sure the dealership thinks I'm crazy.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's sometimes really crazy. If living on the opposite side of the street places you in a different zip code or township or county, that can change your insurance rates, sometimes significantly.

I just read page 3 lol

Yeah I figured Miami would be dangerous with stupid drivers, though Evansville is pretty stupid too........... or at least I hate Evansville when it comes to the drivers lol.

Oh and although it appears Summer is doing it's damndest to stay, Autumn might actually arrive next week.... we'll begin to see highs in the 70s and then in the 60s with lows in the 40s!!!! I can't fucking wait!!!!

Image result for I'm so Fucking Excited gif

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

Health insurance costs can vary a lot from state to state too - though not for obvious reasons. When we moved from the DC suburbs to rural PA, our insurance costs went up. I assume it's because there are fewer doctors here. Or maybe just fewer insurance companies.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, can you do the run while waiting for your car? I've done that, pretty sure the dealership thinks I'm crazy.

Good idea! ! It'd turn in to a decently long run trying to get from the dealer to the trail and back, so I would just have to do the local streets, which are unfortunately a bit busy for my liking. If I had any clue as to how long it was going to take, I might actually consider it. Maybe I should just ask them for a loaner to drive over to the trail and get my run in?

Thanks for the thought...definitely a fun way to integrate running into real life.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

10 on the AlterG with 8 @ "MP" ... I guess I'll find out one day what MP is. Like. After I finish the marathon.

The only guaranteed way to determine this. I believe that knowing your MP accurately going into the race is the hardest thing about running a marathon. When I say this to non-runners or casual runners, they look at me like I have two heads.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good idea! ! It'd turn in to a decently long run trying to get from the dealer to the trail and back, so I would just have to do the local streets, which are unfortunately a bit busy for my liking. If I had any clue as to how long it was going to take, I might actually consider it. Maybe I should just ask them for a loaner to drive over to the trail and get my run in?

Thanks for the thought...definitely a fun way to integrate running into real life.

Do they have a courtesy shuttle? Maybe they could give you a ride to the trail and pick you up after you run?

My car dealership always tells me it is going to take way less time than it actually does.

bluerun

Super B****

The only guaranteed way to determine this. I believe that knowing your MP accurately going into the race is the hardest thing about running a marathon. When I say this to non-runners or casual runners, they look at me like I have two heads.

I accurately determined it in 2016... aiming for 3:30, ran 3:29:40. But that's easier to do when you deliberately choose a conservative goal, I guess.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Do they have a courtesy shuttle? Maybe they could give you a ride to the trail and pick you up after you run?

My car dealership always tells me it is going to take way less time than it actually does.

I'll see what I can make happen and report back tomorrow Smile  Never hurts to ask, right?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

That's awesome!

I've run from or back to the dealership more times than I can count. The worst part about it is being inside amongst people wearing running clothes. The best part is declining a shuttle then walking out the door and running.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's awesome!

I've run from or back to the dealership more times than I can count. The worst part about it is being inside amongst people wearing running clothes. The best part is declining a shuttle then walking out the door and running.

Its really fun when they tell you 2 hours, you run for that time and then get to spend 2 MORE hours waiting for the car in sweaty running clothes. Not smart to piss off a hungry runner.

LRB

Its really fun when they tell you 2 hours, you run for that time and then get to spend 2 MORE hours waiting for the car in sweaty running clothes. Not smart to piss off a hungry runner.

Not cool

RunningOnSand

Not smart to piss off a hungry runner.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I ran 5 with my run group, and when we got back to our cars (when they were going to leave, and I was planning on logging some more miles) we noticed that 2 of the ladies had their cars broken into. Sad I Felt so badly for them. So, no extra miles were logged, and a whole lot of phone calls were made. Poor ladies. Sad