Beginners and Beyond

FallThursDailies (Read 35 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

LRB

You guys are not even trying.   I'm sure if you tried a little bit to understand what I wrote, you could easily do it.

But I expected as much. Why even bother, right?

I copied your post to my running thread. It's a spot where I store anything running related of substance. There are posts there from people who don't even run anymore, and others who aren't breathing, so there. 👍

From the Internet.

You guys are not even trying.   I'm sure if you tried a little bit to understand what I wrote, you could easily do it.

But I expected as much. Why even bother, right?

I like to do math in my head when I'm suffering late in a race, so if it's any consolation you've just given me more activities to do at the end of my marathon, lol. I'll figure out what percent of the race I've completed and then I'll convert back and forth between km and miles!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

# kms x 0.6 = # miles

# miles x 1.6 = # kilometers

That is not the exact conversion factor, but close enough.

I know this does not really interest you, but I'm still going to explain how to calculate it fast.

Say you want to convert 26 miles. You have to multiply by 1.6.

Multiplying by 1.6 is the same as adding the number + half the number + 0.1 x the number  (1 + 0.5 + 0.1 = 1.6)

So converting 26 miles to kms is roughly the same as adding 26 + 13 (half) + 2.6 (0.1) = 41.6 kms

The actual conversion is 41.84, so pretty close

The other way around, if you want to convert 50K, you multiply by 0.6

Multiplying by 0.6 is the same as adding half the number + 0.1 x the number (0.5 + 0.1 = 0.6)

So 50 K is 25 (half) + 5 (0.1) = 30 miles

The actual conversion is 31.07, so again, close enough.

I think I should return my MBA diploma... 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is me calculating paces, math, etc., during marathons:

Nailed it

Damaris

LRB

I like to do math in my head when I'm suffering late in a race, so if it's any consolation you've just given me more activities to do at the end of my marathon, lol. I'll figure out what percent of the race I've completed and then I'll convert back and forth between km and miles!

How?

LRB

This is me calculating paces, math, etc., during marathons:

Nailed it

Omg, that is awesome! 😂😂

Cyberic

Awesome, hahaha! 

onemile

Gracie's wound is finally looking healthy so the vet stitched it up this morning. We have an antibiotic cream that is supposed to work on the MRSP . Fingers crossed.

I ran 6.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 6-5-4-3-2-1 minute intervals with 1/2 the time for rest. Way cooler today, so they had some speed to them

Onemile, mupiricin?

onemile

6 miles with 6-5-4-3-2-1 minute intervals with 1/2 the time for rest. Way cooler today, so they had some speed to them

Onemile, mupiricin?

I have done that workout before!

Yes, that's the one

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

I have a flat tire and have to sit here like an idiot waiting for roadside assistance to get here because my dad couldn’t be bothered to teach me to change a tire when I asked 😡

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I have a flat tire and have to sit here like an idiot waiting for roadside assistance to get here because my dad couldn’t be bothered to teach me to change a tire when I asked 😡

You could probably figure it out. But easier to have someone else do it.

Dave

DavePNW

LOL ROFLBACON!!  Easy 5.27 mile run done before work, complete with headlamp, nuclear vest, light gloves, and yellow long sleeve Boston Marathon shirt, the same one that DaveP owns.  I've got a tempo run to do after work as well.

Still haven't worn it other than on the flight home from Boston. Finally got to some long sleeve weather this week, but I was saving it for tomorrow's group run.  Of course tomorrow is back to short sleeve weather.

Dave